The Weekly Sketch ~ Themed Drawing Prompts For Members

Pira

Theme #14 "A Phone"

Obviously a older wired model. :lticaptd:

Unfortunately I don´t know what they are discussing in that call.

24284583953_bb10721875_o.jpg

(Procreate, Apple Pencil, iPad Pro)

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• snowbear

• amberleadavis

• Tas

• Pira

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for all the sketches everyone. I enjoy seeing them all and it's nice to participate when I find the time. Luckily I had time this morning, so here's my book for sketch #13.

Excellent post milkb0at! And thanks for including the poem as well!

What did you get?

I've got some rainy-day (and snowy-day) money set aside and can't decide if I want grab a couple of Lamy Safaris now or wait until a local shop has their bi-annual "show and sale" and grab something else. The shop is normally a bit over priced for me (they have some really top-end items) but when they do the 10% discounts, I can usually find something. I got the Sheaffers during the Fall show.

I received the ink spot with Wm Shakespeare, Jane Austen, EA Poe.... And a Lamy calligraphy pen. I haven't even tried the pen yet! Maybe today or tomorrow??

Hi everyone, I have been away for a while from FPN and have started to catch up on the different threads that I read. I am so so behind on the sketches, I haven't done any of the themed sketches since before Christmas! There is no hope of catching up on the old ones so I will jump in with the new themes soon. :)

Just saying hi and that I'm still here.

Now I need to get cracking with the sketches. :lol:

Come on guys and gals, where are the new drawings?

Ok.....

Here is another phone. much more advanced than the previous model, but I wouldn´t really call it already a high tech one. :bunny01:

Theme #14 "A Phone"

24597396539_c2a8018c6e_o.jpg

And again another phone, this time a ancient wireless model. :eureka:

Theme #14 "A Phone"

24865954172_566a3824c9_o.jpg

Nice 'ptoons, ptero. I started the week being real busy at work; so much so that I didn't really feel like sketching anything. Now that the week is over, I'm fighting a bad chest cold and losing. I'll try to get something up tomorrow.

Ok, my 4th (and most likely the last) phone for this theme.

A old candlestick phone.

Theme #14 "A Phone"

24652584099_f6bc08b8b5_o.jpg

Taking some inspiration from Ptero . . .

25023417105_d90dcc9b93.jpg

cmw3_d40_104007 by Charlie Wrenn, on Flickr

Happy Valentine's Day

Lamy Safari XF point with Noodler's Rattler Red Eel,

Cross Adventura with Noodler's X-Feather

A touch of Iro. Tsukushi from a Lamy Vista fine.

Edited by snowbear

You know how some people love their iPhones so much it's as if they've put it on a pedestal? Well, here's my iPhone on a pedestal. The angles are slightly more interesting than a boring plan view of it - and it's still not that interesting. Still, it was quick!

Week #14 - a phone

post-54491-0-27920300-1455538364_thumb.jpg

- Pencil

- Platinum Carbon Pen

- My usual smudges from erasing pencil lines too quickly, plus a bad scan.

- Moleskine Pocket Sketchbook

Edited by milkb0at

Late to the party, as usual. One-half of a pair of Fair Isle-ish tennis sockies I knitted back when I was doing top-down, gusset-heel socks, this one with a cute little rolled top.

I blame InCo. And the cold weather. And insomnia. (See amazing portrait of Insomnia --- that I did not draw--- in PR Ebony Blue ink review).

Vintage journal paper with lines. Zzzzzzz.................

24932927652_e516d5c83d_z.jpg

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

Theme #15 "Something you wear atop of your head"

This time again a traditional pencil one.

A Roman Murmillo gladiator helmet.

24997104942_fbb3627ca1_o.jpg

(Faber Castell - Castell 9000)

I used to wear hats a lot, but very rarely do so now. This is one I use when it's cold outside.

25153249855_78f2030c6f.jpg

2016-02-20 14.17.41.jpg by Charlie Wrenn, on Flickr

Diamine Blue Pearl (I guess I didn't shake up the shimmer enough), Noodler's Rattler Red Eel.

Initial sketching and lines with brush pen (blue) and Lamy Safari (red). Brush washes with the same inks: diluted the blue, used the red straight. Siggy and title with Blue Pearl from the Conklin.

Edited by snowbear

I'm way behind....partly due to InCo (International Correspondence Writing Month) and InSo (International Insomia Month). This almost-hat just needs a few more rounds to be wearable.

25146375811_9747c37996.jpg

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

#15 - something I wear atop my head.

I decided to do my head torch, which gets used most days to put the chickens to bed and because I live down a dark, unlit, unpaved alley.

The scan is even worse than my usual effort - it's not actually that washed out and grey.

post-54491-0-52600300-1456666556_thumb.jpg

- Pencil outline

- Staedtler Pigment Liners 0.05, 0.3, 0.5mm

- Moleskine Pocket Sketchbook

It's the first time of using these pens. They certainly make things easy in some respects: solid, consistent lines; quick drying; waterproof; dead easy to use. But you do lose expressiveness with the constant width lines and constant colour, and it's a bit of a faff to keep switching pens to get the width you want. Still, I'll keep playing with them.

"Head torch" . . . I love terms used in the UK. :)

I've used the Sakura Pigma "Micron" pens a little, but haven't tried those; something to look for. As far as the scan, try bumping up the contrast a bit. Sometimes I'll put a blank sheet of paper or two behind what I'm scanning to make the background whiter.