Ranga Model 5 - Group Buy International

mehandiratta

vig2432, on 04 Dec 2015 - 14:50, said:

@mpkandan. Sorry to ask you this in public forum. But how is thiruvallur. In the recent deluge in Chennai, people seemed to have forgotten about the nearby districts and forgot Thiruvallur is almost wiped off the map. I hope you are safe

I began a thread over in the Regional Focus area about this, so no harm in enquiring. It seemed to be the best section of FPN for me to post. HTH :)

KEEP CALM AND BOOGIE ON!

SILENCE IS GOLDEN, BUT DUCT TAPE IS SILVER.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mpkandan

• mehandiratta

• bmillicent

• jjlax10

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@mpkandan. Sorry to ask you this in public forum. But how is thiruvallur. In the recent deluge in Chennai, people seemed to have forgotten about the nearby districts and forgot Thiruvallur is almost wiped off the map. I hope you are safe

Dear Mr. Vignesh Sir,

Thanks for checking . Hope you are safe.

I'm doing good with limited power supply and mobile. No internet.

But no damages.

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Dear All,

This is the Group Buy status as of now

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z437/mpkandan/FPN%20Group%20Buy%20Status/GB11_zpsklxlktlv.jpg

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z437/mpkandan/FPN%20Group%20Buy%20Status/GB12_zps7zk3gujs.jpg

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Got mine today. Beautiful black/yellow ebonite. Great threading.

Dear Mr. Parkerpen5151 Sir,

Thanks very much for your nice words. Please post the pictures if possible.

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Hi mr Kandan,

Sorry about the delay. Still no Internet with me. I am sending the money today for you.

I will check back next week when i go into town again to make sure you get it okay

Thanks for this opportunity

Hi mr Kandan,

Sorry about the delay. Still no Internet with me. I am sending the money today for you.

I will check back next week when i go into town again to make sure you get it okay

Thanks for this opportunity

Dear Sir,

Thanks for participating in Group Buy. . I received the funds. Your spec is

Colour:Regular Black
Finish:Polished
Shape:Rounded
Nib:German Jowo calligraphy 1.5 nib
Filling Mechanism:Schmidt K5 converter
Please confirm
Regards,
Kandan.M.P
Ranga Pen Company

More Rangamania! I received my requested Model 5. I asked Mr. Kandan to do a modification on the pen, which was done at a modest additional cost. I asked that the Model 5 be made without a step on the barrel. This makes the pen more like a large Model 3 with rounded ends.

I also ordered an additional Model 3 (not at the group buy price).

Pictured below are all capped pens for comparison (left to right): My Model 5 (no step) in shiny black, a Bexley Intrepid, my Model 3 bakul, my new Model 3 (olive ripple), a Lamy Safari, an Aurora Talentum, and a Pelikan. I don't know which model the Pelikan is (100? 200?), anyway a short one.

fpn_1450044516__model_5_compared_capped.

Below is the same lineup without the caps. All pens are at least 127 mm (5 inches) uncapped and unposted, except the Pelikan. The shadow exaggerates the threads on the Model 5. They are actually quite comfortable.

fpn_1450044610__model_5_compared_uncappe

I found a small glass flask or flower vase (?) which fits the cap of the Model 5 perfectly. Makes it easy to use the Model 5 as a desk pen.

fpn_1450044669__model_5_in_holder.jpg

Sorry about the blurry photography. The lens on my cheap camera super-exaggerates anything that is closer...Just wanted you to get the idea.

fpn_1450044793__model_5_on_pad_by_holder

Summary: My modified Model 5 is a great pen, which is very comfortable to hold, and I don't have giant hands. It is light, and it conforms to my design preference for pens without steps (nothing against pens with steps). With the JoWo #6 nib (medium), it is a very smooth writer.

My new Model 3 is another wonderful Model 3 (I have 2 others). I love the olive ripple on this one.

Again, thanks for the group buy and thanks to the experts at Ranga Pen.

Edited by Forsooth

Hie forsooth, which nib is on ranga pens 3 and 5, jowo or scmidt?

"Friendship is the purest love. It is the highest form of Love where nothing is asked for, no condition, where one simply enjoys giving.”
- Osho

Hie forsooth, which nib is on ranga pens 3 and 5, jowo or scmidt?

Models 3 and 5 have the #6 JoWo screw-in nib units with medium points. :) They vary a little bit, with the Model 3 bakul (matte) being the absolute smoothest yet.

More Rangamania! I received my requested Model 5. I asked Mr. Kandan to do a modification on the pen, which was done at a modest additional cost. I asked that the Model 5 be made without a step on the barrel. This makes the pen more like a large Model 3 with rounded ends.

I also ordered an additional Model 3 (not at the group buy price).

Pictured below are all capped pens for comparison (left to right): My Model 5 (no step) in shiny black, a Bexley Intrepid, my Model 3 bakul, my new Model 3 (olive ripple), a Lamy Safari, an Aurora Talentum, and a Pelikan. I don't know which model the Pelikan is (100? 200?), anyway a short one.

fpn_1450044516__model_5_compared_capped.

Below is the same lineup without the caps. All pens are at least 127 mm (5 inches) uncapped and unposted, except the Pelikan. The shadow exaggerates the threads on the Model 5. They are actually quite comfortable.

fpn_1450044610__model_5_compared_uncappe

I found a small glass flask or flower vase (?) which fits the cap of the Model 5 perfectly. Makes it easy to use the Model 5 as a desk pen.

fpn_1450044669__model_5_in_holder.jpg

Sorry about the blurry photography. The lens on my cheap camera super-exaggerates anything that is closer...Just wanted you to get the idea.

fpn_1450044793__model_5_on_pad_by_holder

Summary: My modified Model 5 is a great pen, which is very comfortable to hold, and I don't have giant hands. It is light, and it conforms to my design preference for pens without steps (nothing against pens with steps). With the JoWo #6 nib (medium), it is a very smooth writer.

My new Model 3 is another wonderful Model 3 (I have 2 others). I love the olive ripple on this one.

Again, thanks for the group buy and thanks to the experts at Ranga Pen.

Dear Mr. Forsooth Sir,

Thanks very much for your nice words and review. I also thank Mr. Vaibhav for making this to happen.

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Models 3 and 5 have the #6 JoWo screw-in nib units with medium points. :) They vary a little bit, with the Model 3 bakul (matte) being the absolute smoothest yet.

ok. if its possible for you then pls show us pics of how it writes

"Friendship is the purest love. It is the highest form of Love where nothing is asked for, no condition, where one simply enjoys giving.”
- Osho

Hello Mr Kandan

deepest apologies for very late payment

just sent you a paypal to settle my order for the Mottled Brown , Polished pen with German Jowo Gold colour B nib

many thanks for your patience

kind regards

Dear All

Please note that we are entering the last stage of the order so kindly order before its late.

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

Dear Sir,

Thanks for participating in Group Buy. . I received the funds. Your spec is

Colour:Regular Black

Finish:Polished

Shape:Rounded

Nib:German Jowo calligraphy 1.5 nib

Filling Mechanism:Schmidt K5 converter

Please confirm

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Hi mr Kandan,

I did not realise there was a choice for the shape of the pen.

I have a heart for the pens with flat ends. If this is possible then that it's my choice please.

If not then everything you have listed will be fine thank you.

Kind regards

Hi mr Kandan,

I did not realise there was a choice for the shape of the pen.

I have a heart for the pens with flat ends. If this is possible then that it's my choice please.

If not then everything you have listed will be fine thank you.

Kind regards

Sure Sir. It would be Flat Shaped pen for you.

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Mine arrived, and it is large and fantastic. Picks to come once I stub the nib.

President, Big Apple Pen Club

Follow us on Instagram @big_apple_pen_club

"Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery."

J.J. Lax Pen Co.

www.jjlaxpenco.comOn Instagram: @jjlaxpenco

Mine arrived, and it is large and fantastic. Picks to come once I stub the nib.

Thanks very much Mr.jjlax sir. Waiting to see your pics.

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Dear All,

This is the Group buy status as of today.

REgards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen company

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z437/mpkandan/FPN%20Group%20Buy%20Status/GB13_zps7511te4d.jpg

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z437/mpkandan/FPN%20Group%20Buy%20Status/GB14_zps6hs8rqkw.jpg