Alexcat

Recently got a Boheme; wondering if Im doing/not doing something properly. The cap flips up, cartridge goes in, twist to bring down nib.....but it is very difficult - nigh on impossible - to get to start at all, let alone consistently.

Any words of wisdom?

Alex

"As many nights endure Without a moon or star So will we endure When one is gone and far "Leonard Cohen, of blessed memory(21/09/1934-7/11/2016)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alexcat

• Chrissy

• Notgatherox

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe cleaning out the pen might help - if your issue is due to manufacturing residue left behind.

If not, take a loupe and check the alignment of the tines - might be misalignment.

Also, try a wetter ink.

If all else fails, send to a professional/MB.

~Epic

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1348/557449480_2f02cc3cbb_m.jpg http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/letter.png

A sincere man am I
From the land where palm trees grow,
And I want before I die
My soul's verses to bestow.

All those moments will be lost in time.
Like tears in rain.
Time to die.

The funny thing....I just tried it, and worked first time. As though it knew I was talking about it :)

Alex

"As many nights endure Without a moon or star So will we endure When one is gone and far "Leonard Cohen, of blessed memory(21/09/1934-7/11/2016)

I would try cleaning the pen before I did anything else. It's not so easy with a Boheme, unless you have some of Montblanc's cleaning cartridges. However, an ear bulb should be able to squrt some water through the nib and feed.