Yellow Ink

chhjr

I am trying to find the best yellow shade of ink for regular writing, not for highlight. I have tried a bunch and not even document yellow is right. I have been looking at the Gandhi color at Goulet Pens but everyone seems to be out of stock. HELP and thanks for any thoughts. I do have a good orange I use.

Edited by chhjr

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chhjr

• haruka337

• inkstainedruth

• Notgatherox

Yellow is tough, because it's so very light. You may need to use a wetter or broader nib. The only ones I've tried are De Atramentis Gold and KWZI #57 Old Gold, both of which have some shading. Beyond that, you may have to look more at tan/light brown inks.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Maybe get a sample of Rohrer & Klinger Heliantus. It works well for me on an off-white paper, on bright white paper, the ink is too pale to read.

http://www.rohrer-klingner.de/fileadmin/files/pdf/schreibtinte_farbkarte.pdf

+1 It's just golden enough to be readable. Only downside to it is a propensity to grow nib crud, but that's just a cosmetic issue and can be wiped off.

I can't get yellow to work for me at all, but Sailor Tokiwa-Matsu is a green with visible hints of yellow and it is one of my all time favorites. I keep a Sheaffer TD loaded with it and I am always happy to grab that pen. For sure it is green but i swear I see a little yellow in it and that gives it a give of nice warm glow.

Looking for a cap for a Sheaffer Touchdown Sentinel Deluxe Fat version

Pelikan Edelstein Amber has served me well, mostly as an accent color. But it's dark enough to perhaps be a option for you.

I am trying to find the best yellow shade of ink for regular writing, not for highlight. I have tried a bunch and not even document yellow is right. I have been looking at the Gandhi color at Goule Pens but everyone seems to be out of stock. HELP and thanks for any thoughts. I do have a good orange I use.

HA... I am a lover of yellow, but find it not very usable for writing. SO... I do the next best thing and find me Amber and Gold color inks. :lol: :lol:

My recommendations:

• KWZI Old Gold
  • Stipula Saffron
  • DeAtramentis Gold
  • Sailor Kobe #22 Shinkaichi Gold
  • Iroshizuko Ina-Ho

Have fun... ;)

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

R&K Helianthus is great.

For muddier/darker/browner yellow, maybe Sailor Kobe Taisanji Yellow, KWZI Honey, Standardgraph Maisgelb or even KWZI IG Mandarin?

IG Mandarin dries to a murky green/brown. :puddle: :puddle: ... but your other suggestions are totally SPOT ON... . I love all those colors... :wub: :wub:

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Nagasawa Kobe Taisanji Yellow.​ Looks pretty darn good , now I just need to find someone who has it in stock, just had Goulet Pens send me some yellow samples will see how the look I will post.

Contact Atsu (cool-Japan on eBay) and he can get you a bottle ($20, shipping and tracking included in the cost).

Most of the Japanese ink facnciers in this forum have purchased from this seller--he also has a perfect rating on eBay. Do a search on this sell on this site and you'll read nothing but glowing reviews from members here.

If someone hasn't already, I'll message you his email.

Though he ships from Japan, you'll likely receive the ink within 7 or 8 business days.

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life