Bah! Missed A Gold Stub Nibbed 45!

sirgilbert357

Wow, that close up of the "W" nib looks amazing. These look like a huge upgrade from my Osmiroid 65 straight italic nibs. And if they are too "sharp", why not have them smoothed out just ever so slightly to your liking? I can't do squat with my Osmiroid nibs -- they are straight cut steel with no tipping (and very thin). I guess they could be smoothed a little bit, but there's not much material to work with honestly...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sirgilbert357

• BCastle

• pajaro

• Captivelight

"W" is a broad stub also known as Broad Stub (italic) - and is one of the rarer nibs in the range.

Thank you, that's helpful. For the way it writes, I think 'broad stub' is an excellent description.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh wow, I didn't know they made them in steel too! That's interesting. Makes me wonder if the one I missed was gold plated or real gold. I asked the seller to check and they refused saying they didn't want to "damage the nib". Psh...

Yes, mine is definitely not gold or gold plated. The S designation is clear on the section. It visually appears to be stub with lots of tipping evident. Since I am not the original owner, I can't say if it is the original nib or if it has been modified in any way. It writes like a stub, just a bit sensitive to angle in my hand.

A consumer and purveyor of words.

Co-editor and writer for Faith On Every Corner Magazine

Magazine - http://www.faithoneverycorner.com/magazine.html