What Was Your Last Impulsive Pen Acquisition?

lgbpinho

5 hours ago, Calabria said:

I hope we get to see pictures!!

I am planning on pictures with its Omas 556/S Grigio Perla cousin, but it might take some time until it makes its way around the globe...

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• A Smug Dill

• Misfit

• JonSzanto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A Waldmann Tuscany Vela - an unused one the private seller is offering for a significant discount. I've never tried a Waldmann before but I've admired them on the interwebs, so I am rather excited to see what that is going to be like!

Co-founded the Netherlands Pen Club. DM me if you would like to know about our meetups and join our Discord!

Currently attempting to collect the history of Diplomat pens.

3 hours ago, DvdRiet said:

A Waldmann Tuscany Vela - an unused one the private seller is offering for a significant discount. I've never tried a Waldmann before but I've admired them on the interwebs, so I am rather excited to see what that is going to be like!

Congratulations.

I recently bought a Tango. Amongst the best nibs I've ever tried, on par with Sailor and Pilot, yet under G.v. Faber Castell gold nibs. Heavy hefty pens.

29 minutes ago, nibtip said:

Congratulations.

I recently bought a Tango. Amongst the best nibs I've ever tried, on par with Sailor and Pilot, yet under G.v. Faber Castell gold nibs. Heavy hefty pens.

Oooh, that sounds promising! Now I really can't wait for it to get here!! :) I have quite a few metal pens already, mostly in my Diplomat collection, so I am used to writing with fairly heavy pens.

Co-founded the Netherlands Pen Club. DM me if you would like to know about our meetups and join our Discord!

Another Optima from Valentina - plain dark green resin with gold trim (made from '95-'97), F nib; again, NOS. Not being fancy Auroloide, it was a bargain. Relatively speaking. ;)

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Seller in Turin, Italy. She sends out a newsletter twice a month with a very extensive selection of pens.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

35 minutes ago, chromantic said:

Seller in Turin, Italy. She sends out a newsletter twice a month with a very extensive selection of pens.

Oh, I wouldn't mind being on that mailing list! I've bought some lovely pens from sellers in Italy. Would you mind DMíng me the contact info? (Tried to search and didn't find anything.)

On 12/24/2021 at 10:12 PM, carola said:

And this, Ladies and Gentlemen, is why I am thoroughly convinced that the Diplomat Aero Orange and the Factory make the perfect pair:

Diplomat Aero Orange + Factory 03.jpg

You‘ve got me! I have had the factory for years (585 in B ) and like it very much.  Now he feels lonely and wants an orange friend....

Grüße in den Süden!

Edited by Jan Mathijs Rijck
correcting the autocorrect

You will be forgiven that you cannot, but never more that you do not want to.

70C050D5-E47D-4BB1-A6A9-56B5FB9F5C0E.thumb.jpeg.bff05f0f2c5c88408f3c446b46917244.jpeg

You will be forgiven that you cannot, but never more that you do not want to.

1 hour ago, DvdRiet said:

Oh, I wouldn't mind being on that mailing list! I've bought some lovely pens from sellers in Italy. Would you mind DMíng me the contact info? (Tried to search and didn't find anything.)

Or just publish the contact info here. Surely Valentina doesn't mind the commercial exposure? (I tried googling but here in the US nothing recognizable came up for me). 

My own impulsiveness seems to be ever more selective. Last week I impulsively bought an MB 146 le Grand Calligraphy, and now nothing else much seems to attract me. I expect it's only a matter of time, but I can't indulge that kind of impulse every week. 

I lost my Lamy Safari a while ago, so after a while, when I finally have some free time. I just rushed into a Lamy shop and bought a silver AL star.

EF nibs!!!

I didn't realize there was such a thing as a Lamy shop!  

Festina lente

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

They have opened up some B&M stores (but I'm not sure where they all are).  I've been to the Lamy Soho store in NYC a couple of times, but my sort of annual holiday trip east got canceled due to a combination of weather and COVID surges.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

A decent looking navy grey p51 for so little at auction that if it turns out to be a parts pen I'll still be very happy.

2 hours ago, mizgeorge said:

A decent looking navy grey p51 for so little at auction that if it turns out to be a parts pen I'll still be very happy.

Cool. But I'm betting you might end up having it rehabbed and using it.  Or possibly not even needing rehabbing -- Navy Gray is an Aerometric color, and those plyglass sacs are like TANKS -- pretty nigh indestructible.

What's the nib on it?

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

2 hours ago, inkstainedruth said:

Cool. But I'm betting you might end up having it rehabbed and using it.  Or possibly not even needing rehabbing -- Navy Gray is an Aerometric color, and those plyglass sacs are like TANKS -- pretty nigh indestructible.

What's the nib on it?

I almost certainly will end up fixing it up - I haven't even seen the nib, but I have a couple of spares knocking around. The nice bit is that it's even in its original box, which also looks to be in decent condition. I suspect it needs little more than a good cleanup and perhaps a bit of scratch removal, which I'm happy to do. I'll post a picture when it turns up in a few days!