Noodler's Switch To Plastic Bottles

NewPenMan

..... (plastic waste's a minor concern with me --- since i only empty one bottle every six to ten years, i'm not going to worry overmuch whether it's plastic or glass.)

Yikes! You either dip into a lot of different bottles, or you don't use it much

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TSherbs

• tfwall

• Charles Rice

• mhosea

Yikes! You either dip into a lot of different bottles, or you don't use it much

i write very little, and i seem to be using extremely frugal pens for some reason.

I write quite a lot and gore thru ink similarly slowly. I treasure frugal pens. If I need a paintbrush, I have those, too. :-)

Both actual and metaphoric paint brushes

Edited by NewPenMan

Franklin-Christoph Stabilis 66 and Pocket 40: both with Matsuyama CI | Karas Kustoms Aluminum, Daniel Smith CI | Italix Parson's Essential and Freshman's Notator | Pilot Prera | Pilot Metropolitan | Lamy Safari, 1.1mm italic | Muji "Round Aluminum Pen" | Waterman Phileas | Noodler's Konrad | Nemosine Singularity 0.6mm stub | ASA Nauka, acrylic and ebonite | Gama Hawk | Wality Airmail | Noodlers Ahab | TWSBI GO | Noodlers Charlie | Pilot Plumix |

Nevermind...not very sure of my numbers now.

Edited by mhosea

I know my id is "mhosea", but you can call me Mike. It's an old Unix thing.

Nevermind...not very sure of my numbers now.

Edited by mhosea

I know my id is "mhosea", but you can call me Mike. It's an old Unix thing.

does anyone know where I can buy a 32 oz bottle of Noodler's ink? My regular supplier retailer said they cannot order one for me.

God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind, I will never die.

-Bill Waterson

does anyone know where I can buy a 32 oz bottle of Noodler's ink? My regular supplier retailer said they cannot order one for me.

someone posted a picture of large labeled bottles on one of these threads, but I can't remember who or where. It was quite recently. That person's suggestion was "contact retailers" but did not offer one specifically.

Just curious, but why would you want a quart of ink?

Nothing at all special about the bottle. The picture is on page 3 of this thread. The poster knows how to get the ink if you really want/need it.

Edited by Charles Rice

Just curious, but why would you want a quart of ink?

Nothing at all special about the bottle. The picture is on page 3 of this thread. The poster knows how to get the ink if you really want/need it.

There are some colors I really like, and it would be nice to have a large supply.

God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind, I will never die.

-Bill Waterson

There are some colors I really like, and it would be nice to have a large supply.

83 years worth??? If it were me, after the first decade of use, I'd get good and sick of whatever color I liked.

For writing and drawing purposes I'd be happy to have lifetime supplies of both blue and black inks. Seems there are lots of ppl who can't bear going more than a few days without changing inks..

Franklin-Christoph Stabilis 66 and Pocket 40: both with Matsuyama CI | Karas Kustoms Aluminum, Daniel Smith CI | Italix Parson's Essential and Freshman's Notator | Pilot Prera | Pilot Metropolitan | Lamy Safari, 1.1mm italic | Muji "Round Aluminum Pen" | Waterman Phileas | Noodler's Konrad | Nemosine Singularity 0.6mm stub | ASA Nauka, acrylic and ebonite | Gama Hawk | Wality Airmail | Noodlers Ahab | TWSBI GO | Noodlers Charlie | Pilot Plumix |

I honestly want a big supply of a nice blue-black as well. I can use that color the rest of my life and not get bored

I think of my FPs as my children.

Too bad Nathan doesn't use a spout of some sort a la the old Sheaffer quart bottle.

83 years worth??? If it were me, after the first decade of use, I'd get good and sick of whatever color I liked.

I've been using blue-black ink since the age of eight and never tire of it. It's still my favourite colour. I hope to live long enough to use 83 years of it! :D

Happiness is a real Montblanc...

I've been using blue-black ink since the age of eight and never tire of it. It's still my favourite colour. I hope to live long enough to use 83 years of it! :D

Kind of like me and single barrel whiskey.

Kind of like me and single barrel whiskey.

Many, many years ago a friend of mine did a favour for one of his friends. In thanks, he was asked if he would like a box of port. Thinking he was being offered a card board box of 12 bottles, he was very pleased to say yes. They went out to the garage and he found he was being offered a pallet of boxes of quality tawny port. It took him nearly 30 years to go through it. I was honoured to help him finish the last bottle.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

Nice. ..

Oh great. More waste plastic to float around in the ocean and pollute the planet.

Not if you properly recycle 'em.

Not everyone's an idjit, you know.

Word. I was gonna say myself. .just recycle your waste correctly.