Chinese Pens Show And Tell.

Ian the Jock

Indeed! Does anyone have any Chinese pens to show off?
​My last haul was all German pens. :P

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ian the Jock

• Mech-for-i

• Helen350

• truthpil

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Indeed! Does anyone have any Chinese pens to show off?

​My last haul was all German pens. :P

I have given up on Chinese pens until the nib choice improves. It really matters little how great or inexpensive the pen is if I then have to buy and fit a decent broad nib.

I bought a few Prera-inspired Wing Sung pens, and the one I loaded writes well with MV Brown Sugar. The build quality is not as robust as the Prera, but if these hold up, they'll be great carry pens. The feed is clear/transparent, which is a plus.

I'd post the link, but it crashed my browser and closed every window, losing my initial response.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

I have given up on Chinese pens until the nib choice improves. It really matters little how great or inexpensive the pen is if I then have to buy and fit a decent broad nib.

yeah, on ebay, Chinese sellers call 0.7 and 0.8mm nibs "broad," so if you are looking for Western or European-style bazookas, then you best roam elsewhere

The fleabay link may be a browser-crasher, but here's a photo of my chartreuse Pilot Prera next to the WS. The Prera's shorter and heavier and comes in F and M. The WS, only EF, but about five colors, maybe more.

http://extras.ourpatioparty.com/files/6615/2320/5285/Prera_vs_Wing_Sung-640p.jpg

Sniff.

Unlike Oneill, I may be only honorary Scots. Still, if I may, it seems not amiss to offer these

words from one of my favorite Burns poems — one that gains heartfelt resonance for me

with each passing year and passing friend:

John Anderson my jo, John,

We clamb the hill thegither,

And monie a cantie day, John,

We've had wi' ane anither;

Now we maun totter down, John,

And hand in hand we'll go,

And sleep thegither at the foot,

John Anderson, my jo!

You will surely be missed, Ian, by your FP friends around the planet. Strange how my

mind's ear still rings with the distinctive authorial voice of your posts.

Rest in good peace, brother.

- Bruce

Sniff.

Unlike Oneill, I may be only honorary Scots. Still, if I may, it seems not amiss to offer these

words from one of my favorite Burns poems — one that gains heartfelt resonance for me

with each passing year and passing friend:

John Anderson my jo, John,

We clamb the hill thegither,

And monie a cantie day, John,

We've had wi' ane anither;

Now we maun totter down, John,

And hand in hand we'll go,

And sleep thegither at the foot,

John Anderson, my jo!

You will surely be missed, Ian, by your FP friends around the planet. Strange how my

mind's ear still rings with the distinctive authorial voice of your posts.

Rest in good peace, brother.

- Bruce

Thank You for that very worthy tribute to one of the nicest people that I have ever met, he really was a master of the internet in the way he used his posts he always wanted one of the pens somebody had sent him a photo of. he really loved them all,I got him buying Jinhao and Baoer and because My Wife Joy took photos of my own Jinhao etc collection he Lusted after them so I [romised him that he could have them when I died however that was not to be,he really lit up the internet when he was online,he was a fabulous Penpal and I miss him dearly.God rest his soul.

Can I just add a little bit about this Man amongst Men his skills were many he had such style in his writings

his use of all kinds of INK in a single post,the one of the many things he brought to FPN was His LUST for

every pen that YOU had he was an absolute Gem to talk to for instance I have been a Sunderland supporter since I was Three and when Sunderland were training for the FA CUP in 1973 they were at some beachside village where Ian lived and he was walking along the beach when he realised who all the men were and spoke to the officials who had him join in and he was given photos by them,he bragged about this and made me green with envy they went on to win the FA Cup and because I was involved with the South Australian Federation and was about to visit my Mam who was sick in Sunderland I was given the job of delivering the invitation to Sunderland to visit South Australia in 1974 which they did much to the delight of their retired Captain of 1937 Alex Hastings who was

Chairman of South Australian Soccer Federation. Trust Me, Oneill

Edited by oneill

39742598160_dbe56421b3_k.jpg

Guan Le Ming 300 by Mech for i, on Flickr

I am not sure which of the vintage Chinese hooded nib is the smallest, or the shortest, but I certainly know one if not the cutest ; may I introduce you to the Guan Le Ming ( short as GLM ) 300, a vintage late 90's up market version of .... sort of .... pocket pen. It can be had in this aluminum anodized satin striped silver finish or black lacquered; the trim though are brass gold plated 12K. It was also one of the few GLM made that are packaged in a store hang display vacform packing.

fpn_1524107803__glm300-profile.jpg

Here you can see it posted and capped, clearly not much of a difference, in fact when capped its just a few mm shorter that the Hero 616 small capped, but noticeably having a wider girth. The pen always had a steel EF nib and had a classic fixed aerometric filler. for a sense of size the cap o the pen measure only 43mm tip to edge, and the section is of a length of 19mm only ( excluding the nib ). Still it give you a whole of 128mm to grip when posted. for a comparison the last photo shown had it against the Hero 616 small.

fpn_1524107786__glm300-616s.jpg

Edited by Mech-for-i

Mech-for-i, I like the looks of that GLM. Back in the days of isellpens, I bought a few different GLM pens, which all worked well.

Thanks for sharing the photo!

My latest haul ; a PenBBS 309-42SF Bamboo Moon ( pale blue ) and the 308-8GF Strawberry Ice ( with gold plated appointment ), and guess what - I ordered a batch of plastic eyedropper for my hobby work, only 50 ea. of 0.5ml and 1.0ml but the seller ship me 4400 x 2ml ; yes you are not hearing it wrong, I got 44 packet of 100pc of these. Now I got to figure out what should I do with them, and I still need those 0.5ml and 1ml for my scale modelling paints ... Ahhhh ....

40955082414_2923956ea4_k.jpgPenBBS 309 Bamboo Moon and 308 Strawberry Ice - gold plated appointment by Mech for i, on Flickr

Edited by Mech-for-i

My latest haul ; a PenBBS 309-42SF Bamboo Moon ( pale blue ) and the 308-8GF Strawberry Ice ( wit gold plated appointment ), and guess what I ordered a batch of plastic eyedropper for my hobby work, only 50 ea. of 0.5ml and 1.0ml but the seller ship me 4400 2ml ; yes you are not hearing it wrong, I got 44 packet of 100pc of these. Now I got to figure out what should I do with them, and I still need those 0.5ml and 1ml for my scale modelling paints ... Ahhhh ....

40955082414_2923956ea4_k.jpgPenBBS 309 Bamboo Moon and 308 Strawberry Ice - gold plated appointment by Mech for i, on Flickr

Finally, a solid-color 309! Now if they'd just bring back the medium nibs...

PenBBS 309-Goulet.Medium.-Heart of Darkness

post-138369-0-12068700-1524605071_thumb.jpg

I'm really impressed by this pen... with a Jowo nib. I don't much like the nib that it came with nor the one that came with my 308.

I like the 308 as well, but a big problem I had was that it couldn't fit a Jowo when capped... so it's a nice pen with a nib I don't really like that much : (

But I find I do prefer the ergonomics and feel of the 309 more anyways so I'm ok with that, and since it's a piston filler, I'm very OK with that.

And what I like about it is how well it works and good it feels and how inexpensive it is for that quality so I'm not as hesitant to take it out with me in fear of losing it.

Edited by IndigoBOB

My latest haul ; a PenBBS 309-42SF Bamboo Moon ( pale blue ) and the 308-8GF Strawberry Ice ( with gold plated appointment ), and guess what - I ordered a batch of plastic eyedropper for my hobby work, only 50 ea. of 0.5ml and 1.0ml but the seller ship me 4400 x 2ml ; yes you are not hearing it wrong, I got 44 packet of 100pc of these. Now I got to figure out what should I do with them, and I still need those 0.5ml and 1ml for my scale modelling paints ... Ahhhh ....

Those are both very pretty!

PenBBS 309-Goulet.Medium.-Heart of Darkness

attachicon.gif IMG_1461.JPG

I'm really impressed by this pen... with a Jowo nib. I don't much like the nib that it came with nor the one that came with my 308.

I like the 308 as well, but a big problem I had was that it couldn't fit a Jowo when capped... so it's a nice pen with a nib I don't really like that much : (

But I find I do prefer the ergonomics and feel of the 309 more anyways so I'm ok with that, and since it's a piston filler, I'm very OK with that.

And what I like about it is how well it works and good it feels and how inexpensive it is for that quality so I'm not as hesitant to take it out with me in fear of losing it.

I had a similar problem with my 308, except stub nibs were short enough not to get pushed about when capping the pen.

Is there more "headroom" in the 309 than the 308 to alleviate the problem?

I had a similar problem with my 308, except stub nibs were short enough not to get pushed about when capping the pen.

Is there more "headroom" in the 309 than the 308 to alleviate the problem?

That's good to know. I have to try my 1.1 Goulet on it, now.

There is more headroom in the 309. I have no problem whatsoever with the fit of my Goulet #6 Medium when capping. It works very well.

That's why I was surprised a regular Jowo wouldn't work with the 308 when it arrived today. That was disappointing.

I'm always on the lookout for a good pen that fits a Jowo and the PenBBS 309 is turning out to be one of them.

I like the 309 better anyways. It fits better in the hand and has better balance IMO.

The PenBBS nib ( & feed ) is shaped and highly tuned for writing the home language and I can see why it would be somewhat awkward to use it for Latin based writing especially if one write quick. Personally I deal with multiple language day to day and had no problem with them but then I tend to be not very choosy with nib also

The PenBBS nib ( & feed ) is shaped and highly tuned for writing the home language and I can see why it would be somewhat awkward to use it for Latin based writing especially if one write quick. Personally I deal with multiple language day to day and had no problem with them but then I tend to be not very choosy with nib also

Yeah the Penbbs pens are pretty much for Chinese by Chinese, which I think is great since most nice things in China are made for export.

Yeah the Penbbs pens are pretty much for Chinese by Chinese, which I think is great since most nice things in China are made for export.