Chinese Pens Show And Tell.

Ian the Jock

Can I with sadness inform FPNrs of the passing of this great friend of mine Ian the Jock, may he Rest in Peace. His wife whose name I have no knowledge of at this time Today took the trouble to contact me and advise of his death , we have been true PenPals for quite some time we have shared our knowledge of Chinese Pens for a long time,I have many Jinhaos which he fancied and I had promised him that when I get around to selling he would be given first choice,the reason that I have so many Jinhaos and Baoer pens is that I used to edit their webpages for them many years ago, he was a great member by often sharing his pen photos and his writings with us, I will miss him and his many shots that he had knowing that I would not take any offence at,I was deeply moved that His wife would take so much time and effort in informing me of his passing , she did know of our affecrion for each other on these fabulous pages.Trust Me, Oneill

I am deeply sorry to hear of Ian the Jock's passing. This particular sub forum was the place where I started of my interest in fountain pen and always await for his newest discovery and used it as a guidance for building my collection. I remember used his list on the best Chinese FP to made purchased on ebay.

RIP Ian the Jock, you will always be remembered .

Edited by luoruita

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ian the Jock

• Mech-for-i

• Helen350

• truthpil

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

R.I.P. Ian ... you will always be remembered for your cheerful , ever inciting and interesting contribution to the discussion; and your beautiful long hand. Pal, be well, and on you go

Edited by Mech-for-i

:mellow:. The FPN community has one less character in it's alphabet. Write on, Ian the Jock.

Will work for pens... :unsure:

I'm not a religious person but I hope that Mr. Ian the Jock has found a nice quiet, relaxing place where to rest until the end of time.

Thank you for all the precious knowledge you took the time and energy to pass to us. I will always remember you as one of the pillars of FPN during my first months here.

See you on the other side, sir.

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

I'm really sorry to hear about Ian. It was only the other day I was wondering that I haven't seen him on the forum for a while. He was a great character.

You will be greatly missed, Ian. Not only here but by whoever you touched, I believe

To hold a pen is to be at war. - Voltaire

I thought it would be good to have a thread where we can show our Chinese pens to anyone who wants to look at them, a kind of combined "show us what pens you're using" and "what pen are you using today" but for Chinese pens.

I've read people talking about a certain pen, only to rake about and not be able to find any pics of it.

So.

There is no criteria other than that your pen should be Chinese.

You only need post what you want... a pic, the pens name, or if you want to explain how/why/where you got it, or if there is a story attached, it is entirely up to yourself.

It doesn't need to be your favourite, just whatever you want to stick on and tell people about at that particular time, for whatever reason.

If you want to do a picture review of a pen you've just bought, fine, do a review.

It might let other fans of Chinese pens see yours and think "ooh I'd like one of those", as I know that raking around on this forum is how I happened upon many of the pens I have.

I've amassed quite a number of Chinese pens in the past 9 months, therefore I have many to show, and I'm pretty sure many others are the same.

So go on

SHOW US YER CHINESE PENS.

I'll start.

Today, for no particular reason, I'm going to show....

A Hero 3013 in Red, with Chinese text and a golden gragon embossed on it.

fpn_1439840776__red_3013_capped.jpg

fpn_1439840829__red_3013_nib_oot.jpg

fpn_1439840869__red_3013_writing.jpg

fpn_1439840932__red_3013-2.jpg

fpn_1439840973__red_3013.jpg

fpn_1439841020__red_3013__barrel.jpg

Cheers

Ian

The calligraphy nib is great Andrew.

I have a Kaigelu with fude nib and I love it.

The variation that can be achieved just by changing the angle of the pen is brilliant.

Some of the Heros are superb, and I've happened upon one or two gems myself.

Ian

Sorry to report the Passing of this very active member who passed away suddenly ,His dear wife was kind enough to send me an email as she was aware that we were the very best of Pen Pals, May he rest in peace. Trust me, Oneill

Edited by oneill

I thought it would be good to have a thread where we can show our Chinese pens to anyone who wants to look at them, a kind of combined "show us what pens you're using" and "what pen are you using today" but for Chinese pens.

I've read people talking about a certain pen, only to rake about and not be able to find any pics of it.

So.

There is no criteria other than that your pen should be Chinese.

You only need post what you want... a pic, the pens name, or if you want to explain how/why/where you got it, or if there is a story attached, it is entirely up to yourself.

It doesn't need to be your favourite, just whatever you want to stick on and tell people about at that particular time, for whatever reason.

If you want to do a picture review of a pen you've just bought, fine, do a review.

It might let other fans of Chinese pens see yours and think "ooh I'd like one of those", as I know that raking around on this forum is how I happened upon many of the pens I have.

I've amassed quite a number of Chinese pens in the past 9 months, therefore I have many to show, and I'm pretty sure many others are the same.

So go on

SHOW US YER CHINESE PENS.

I'll start.

Today, for no particular reason, I'm going to show....

A Hero 3013 in Red, with Chinese text and a golden gragon embossed on it.

fpn_1439840776__red_3013_capped.jpg

fpn_1439840829__red_3013_nib_oot.jpg

fpn_1439840869__red_3013_writing.jpg

fpn_1439840932__red_3013-2.jpg

fpn_1439840973__red_3013.jpg

fpn_1439841020__red_3013__barrel.jpg

Cheers

Ian

The calligraphy nib is great Andrew.

I have a Kaigelu with fude nib and I love it.

The variation that can be achieved just by changing the angle of the pen is brilliant.

Some of the Heros are superb, and I've happened upon one or two gems myself.

Ian

To all FPNers Can I with a heavy heart inform all followers of "Ian The Jock", of his passing recently quite suddenly, His very Kind Wife informed me about a week ago of this sad event,I have posted details of this in as many places as I can,Can I say he was a great Member, prolific in his contributions, His Photos were in a class of their own, his fastidious writing , his enthusiasm for getting to know and promote each and every pen which he was informed of, he should of had a Shop of his own, he had a great liking for the many Jinhaos which I have and said he wanted to get his hands on them and I promised that he would when I get around to selling them,I am only 87 years of age whats the hurry Ian?

May he rest in Peace. Trust Me Oneill

I'm deeply saddened by this news.

Just the other day I was wondering if his Hero Wolff 186 had finally arrived.

His enthusiastic comments and beautiful handwriting will be sorely missed.

May he rest in peace.

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

I am terribly saddened by this news. As a fellow Scot I enjoyed Ian's championing of the underdogs of the fountain pen world: the unsung heroes (and Huahongs!).

I immediately searched for my Red Belter and browsed my complete works of Robert Burns (whose birthday anniversary is tomorrow, 25th January), for something appropriate to write. I didn't have to search far, it almost immediately fell open at this page.

Rest in peace Ian.

fpn_1516783115__ianthejock.jpeg

Edited by garyc

I am terribly saddened by this news. As a fellow Scot I enjoyed Ians championing of the underdogs of the fountain pen world: the unsung heroes (and Huahongs!). I immediately searched for my Red Belter and browsed my complete works of Robert Burns (whose birthday anniversary is tomorrow, 25th January), for something appropriate to write. It appears below. Rest in peace Ian.

I am terribly saddened by this news. As a fellow Scot I enjoyed Ians championing of the underdogs of the fountain pen world: the unsung heroes (and Huahongs!). I immediately searched for my Red Belter and browsed my complete works of Robert Burns (whose birthday anniversary is tomorrow, 25th January), for something appropriate to write. It appears below. Rest in peace Ian.

A Champion of FPN all of his attributes will be sorely missed by me, we were the best of Penpals and have been for many Moons,

Rest in Peace Mate. Trust Me, Oneill

Wing Sung 300 A vintage P51 style Wing Sung named 300 Wing Sung in 1950s.

Triumph nib... It is Lucky 300.

Lucky /Wing Sung 300/301/302 are large size gold triumph nib.

Wing Sung 800 is Medium size gold triumph nib.

I am terribly saddened by this news. As a fellow Scot I enjoyed Ian's championing of the underdogs of the fountain pen world: the unsung heroes (and Huahongs!).

I immediately searched for my Red Belter and browsed my complete works of Robert Burns (whose birthday anniversary is tomorrow, 25th January), for something appropriate to write. I didn't have to search far, it almost immediately fell open at this page.

Rest in peace Ian.

fpn_1516783115__ianthejock.jpeg

A fitting tribute to this Master of the internet, whos going to interpret NOW, Oneill?

Wing Sung 300 A vintage P51 style Wing Sung named 300 Wing Sung in 1950s.

Triumph nib... It is Lucky 300.

Lucky /Wing Sung 300/301/302 are large size gold triumph nib.

Wing Sung 800 is Medium size gold triumph nib.

Important question....Wing Sung 300/301/302 with 14k triumph style nib or steel-nibbed Picasso 915??

They are the same price right now on Taobao haha.

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

I talked to our site Admin, and Ian the Jock's membership group is now 'Remembered Fondly'.

It would be really nice if he could be the last to join the group, it not fun having to say goodbye to friends and never meeting them on FPN again. To cure this sense of loss, could everyone decide to be immortal from now on? It would be much nicer.

Regards

Richard.

Ian The Jock, what can we say about this Master of the Internet, who can we get to emulate his great skill with a Fountain pen,his fabulous way of writing, the way in which he would display his love of a particular pen {all of them} the way in which he had used all the colors of Inks so that we did not know what he would come up with next,his very strange way of talking in that Scottish dialect,I could never understand what he was saying!!! Rest in Peace Ian we will never forget you.Trust Me, Oneill