Chinese Pens Show And Tell.

Ian the Jock

You are a Marvel,the photos look great to me if you can improve WOW, I only wish I could do as well,keep up the good work.Oneill.

Oneill, I'll stick a couple of pics of my Jinhaos on the ONEILLS PENS thread, for you to have a look at.

I must admit......I do like a Jinhao. :lol:

Ian

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ian the Jock

• Mech-for-i

• Helen350

• truthpil

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The FIFA referee I was telling you about Donald Campbell would love your notes which are in Glasgow Rangers BLUE, I gave him a Fountain Pen in Rangers Blue and some Rangers Blue ink which delighted him, I don't think he will ever use it in case it breaks.!!!! Trust Me, Oneill

Oneill, I did the self same thing with my brother in law, who is Rangers mad.

I gave him a Baoer 027, the Royal Blue Herringbone one, and a sample vial of Sapphire Blue, and when I asked him later how he was getting on with it, he said he hadn't used it as he didn't want to waste it. :lol:

Ian

some haul indeed and mine is still in fright but I got to share this, PenBBS tease us with a news yesterday

fpn_1510844102__penbbs-teaser.jpg

That's 3 different filling, Vac Filling, Piston, and Vacumatic .. yes look like we will be seeing them in future ones .. I can't wait to get my hand on a Wing Sung 618 in Vacumatic non-demo version , pls make it in that 698 lake blue .. pls .....oh and they also announce their next pen, the PenBBS Model 309 Piston Filler

fpn_1510844902__penbbs-309.jpg

THANKS for the news.

Hope they release them soon.

Definitely will be getting the lot :)

keep us posted on their progress.

Wow, those PenBBS models...I can't wait.

Currently in rotation: Wing Sung 698/Diamine Blue Velvet, Wing Sung 618/Diamine Golden Oasis, Lamy Profil 80/Pelikan Edelstein Aventurine

According to Penbbs, a Fountain Pen Museum had been built in Wengang Town, Jinxian County, Nanchang City, Jiangxi Province. The Museum will be open in 2018.

The 500 is a nice pen, very well balanced, and a pleasure to write with.

One of my favourite Jinhaos. :thumbup:

Ian

A 3003 arrived today and tried it with Wancher green tea ink, the 0.38 nib is not good, very scratchy and skip. Will try a wetter ink when I have time. Will try the Wancher Green tea with the 500 soon. Thanks.

A 3003 arrived today and tried it with Wancher green tea ink, the 0.38 nib is not good, very scratchy and skip. Will try a wetter ink when I have time. Will try the Wancher Green tea with the 500 soon. Thanks.

The tines are probably out of alignment, you can probably fix the nib with your fingers if you work slowly and carefully.

Misaligned tines are a common problem with inexpensive Chinese pens.

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

The tines are probably out of alignment, you can probably fix the nib with your fingers if you work slowly and carefully.

Misaligned tines are a common problem with inexpensive Chinese pens.

Thanks, tried jetpens youtube video on misaligned tines, slightly better but I think I will change the nib instead since the pen is quite nice to hold. Do you know what size of nib is it? Thanks.

Thanks, tried jetpens youtube video on misaligned tines, slightly better but I think I will change the nib instead since the pen is quite nice to hold. Do you know what size of nib is it? Thanks.

The 3003 takes Pilot nibs, which are a unique size. Unfortunately they aren't usually sold separately, so you'd have to buy a Pilot pen for the nib.

The 3003's I received had unsatisfactory nibs. They were scratchy and squeaky. I had better luck with the 3008's, but they were Fine nibs.

It has a descent design, though. It's too bad it doesn't come with a better writing nib OOTB.

If you find a good Pilot nib you're in luck.

The 3003's I received had unsatisfactory nibs. They were scratchy and squeaky. I had better luck with the 3008's, but they were Fine nibs.

It has a descent design, though. It's too bad it doesn't come with a better writing nib OOTB.

A Lingmo Lorelei nib will also fit and those pens are cheaper than Pilots.

According to Penbbs, a Fountain Pen Museum had been built in Wengang Town, Jinxian County, Nanchang City, Jiangxi Province. The Museum will be open in 2018.

(Deviating from pens slightly) Ah, Jiangxi.. Some of the best time I had in China. Magnificent sceneries there.

JingDeZhen, another big town in Jiangxi, is home to many fine porcelain makers.

I haven't been to Nanchang though.

Anyway that museum is just another excellent reason to go there..

(note: pictures are Google's, not mine);

http://www.backpackingpanda.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/wu10.jpg

Likeng-Village-03.jpg?fit=800%2C532&ssl=

We

well well, those guys who do the 698 piston now had the pen with M sized nib and the nib is offered independent , Lorelei's EF and F nib are also offered separate from the pen

We

well well, those guys who do the 698 piston now had the pen with M sized nib and the nib is offered independent , Lorelei's EF and F nib are also offered separate from the pen

Wow! Wing Sung has a medium nib now? I wonder how it compares to the Jinhao 992 fine and medium nibs. Great, now I need an excuse to make another order.

Wow! Wing Sung has a medium nib now? I wonder how it compares to the Jinhao 992 fine and medium nibs. Great, now I need an excuse to make another order.

I thought you say you tell your other half no more pen for the year, may I remind you of that ... or well how can we contact her, sure we can help to remind her that on your behalf ...... :vbg:

I thought you say you tell your other half no more pen for the year, may I remind you of that ... or well how can we contact her, sure we can help to remind her that on your behalf ...... :vbg:

Nibs aren't pens. Hahaha 😉

Yeah, the pen is right size for my hands, nice holding it but too bad the nib is not satisfactory.

We

This fit the 3003? https://www.ebay.ca/itm/2Pcs-EF-Nibs-2Pcs-F-Nibs-Size-5-For-Wing-Sung-698-Ego-78G-Lorelei-Fountain-Pen/232539437585?hash=item36246e3a11:g:W2AAAOSwsBtaCowl

Oneill, I did the self same thing with my brother in law, who is Rangers mad.

I gave him a Baoer 027, the Royal Blue Herringbone one, and a sample vial of Sapphire Blue, and when I asked him later how he was getting on with it, he said he hadn't used it as he didn't want to waste it. :lol:

Ian

And he's Scottish!!!!!