Lamy 2000 F Nib Exchange

ubc

Hello fellow FPNers,

any idea how I can get a medium or a broad nib for the lamy 2000? I have a brand new lamy 2000 in fine nib...did not realize that its too fine for me. I prefer the broad the most.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dfo

• New_Falcon

• ubc

• Bex66

Top Posters In This Topic

I was curious when I saw the post, whether it would be an F wanted or one to give.

Unfortunately I also have an F that I would like to swap for an M.

Has: Lamy Safari M, Lamy Studio Steel F, Lamy 2000 F, Ice Blue Pilot Capless M, Lamy AL-star, TWSBI 540

Wants: Pelikan M1000 or perhaps M800, Parker Duofold Centennial, Gold M for Studio, Lamy 2000 M, Visconti Homo Sapiens, some Kawecos and Rotrings

I enquired with the same request going from a Fine to a Medium or Broad, I was told that it would be the cost of a new nib unless they determined that the nib was in like new condition. That was a couple of years ago though and the situation might have changed.

Maybe we need to start the Lamy 2000 nib swap thread.

WTT: My Lamy 2000 Fine nib for your Lamy 2000 Broad nib.

yes we should start a nib exchange/swap thread... I need a broad or medium lamy 2000 nib. I have a like new fine nib.

I trusted when people said Lamy 2000 nibs were too wide and got an EF. Now I'm wanting an M or B. It is not that wet either, plain normal EF with a strange feeling.

I enquired with the same request going from a Fine to a Medium or Broad, I was told that it would be the cost of a new nib unless they determined that the nib was in like new condition. That was a couple of years ago though and the situation might have changed.

I just contacted Lamy USA (Filofax) last week for the same reason and they still offer this service. The nib must be in like-new condition. I am currently overseas, so I decided to keep my fine. Here was their email:

Lamy USA charges a $9.50 processing fee for all pens received for repairs or parts replacement. Nib replacement normally costs $15.00 for steel nibs or $75.00 for gold nibs. We will exchange nibs (size and/or type) at no additional charge (just the $9.50 processing fee) if the nib has not been used (or in some cases, used little with no appreciable wear to be seen by the technician).

The pen may be sent to our repair center in Coppell, Texas for evaluation (United States customers only).

Check or money order for the processing fee may be made out to Lamy Pen USA (please do not send cash).

We request that you send your writing instrument in a protective box or package that will ensure its safe delivery. To prevent leakage please remove the refill or cartridge of your pen before shipping to us. Also, if you are using the US Postal Service we would suggest you write "Hand Cancel Only" on the outside of the package to minimize damage from postal machines. Please note that we cannot be held liable for products lost or damaged in shipping on their way to us, therefore we advise sending via UPS or FedEx. If you would like to use the Postal Service, you should send your package via Registered or Insured Mail.

Enclose a brief note in your package with the following information: Today's Date, Your Name, Daytime Phone, Email Address (if applicable), Your Return Address, Style or Model of Pen (if known), Nature of Problem, and whether your pen has any sentimental value or customization.

Send your writing instrument to:

Lamy Customer Service

555 Airline Drive

Coppell, TX 75019

(972) 304-2367

Thank you,

Customer Service

Blueline Rediform

555 Airline Drive

Coppell, TX 75019

Telephone 800.456.7334 | Fax 800.999.0074 |

Edited by dfo

Daniel

The challenge of modernity is to live without illusions and without becoming disillusioned.

Gramsci

This is a great idea.

Daniel

The challenge of modernity is to live without illusions and without becoming disillusioned.

Gramsci

arcadeflow - that's why I got an EF too. I agree about the strange feel. It's smooth enough, but the sweet spot is quite fussy and at the wrong angle the sharp corner/edge slightly catches the paper.

I really love the pen and the feel of it in my hand. I'd just like a slightly broader nib.

It's a shame that it is such a hassle to get a new nib, if I send mine to Germany I will have trouble with customs again. I would like to be able to order a single nib for a reasonable price...

It's a shame that it is such a hassle to get a new nib, if I send mine to Germany I will have trouble with customs again. I would like to be able to order a single nib for a reasonable price...

yes, but I still think it is great that Lamy offers a nib exchange

Daniel

Gramsci

yes, but I still think it is great that Lamy offers a nib exchange

Not sure it's really a nib exchange more like buying a new nib.

WTT: My Lamy 2000 Fine nib for your Lamy 2000 Broad nib.

Not sure it's really a nib exchange more like buying a new nib.

it's free.

Daniel

Gramsci

How easy is it to swap nibs on the Lamy 2k anyway? Is as easy as pelikan?

BTW, I have EF & M. So I am set for a while.

I think of my FPs as my children.

How easy is it to swap nibs on the Lamy 2k anyway? Is as easy as pelikan?

BTW, I have EF & M. So I am set for a while.

It is pretty easy, but you have to be careful with reassembly so as to not lose or misalign the little metal ring. I sometimes disassemble mine for cleaning. SBREBrown has a good video.

Daniel

Gramsci

Hello fellow FPNers,

any idea how I can get a medium or a broad nib for the lamy 2000? I have a brand new lamy 2000 in fine nib...did not realize that its too fine for me. I prefer the broad the most.

I bought a brand new Lamy 2000 with an M nib, and I wanted a F nib. I sent it to Lamy, and it came back less than a week later with it's new F nib. Absolutely free apart from my mail cost.

• 2 months later...

Willing to exchange my Lamy 2000 M nib for a Fine nib , anyone interested?

"When I have a little money, I buy books pens; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."

--- Erasmus --- sort of http://fpgeeks.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.png