Ink With Good Behavior Of Waterman Ink + Waterproof?

NewPenMan

Can anyone recommend a FP ink that has the good writing characteristics and feel of Waterman, but with waterproof qualities?

I personally need minimal feathering and spreading; my handwriting legibility suffers greatly if there is feathering. I seem to have a small "hand" and I prefer fine point nibs.

thank you very much for any suggestions!

npm

Franklin-Christoph Stabilis 66 and Pocket 40: both with Matsuyama CI | Karas Kustoms Aluminum, Daniel Smith CI | Italix Parson's Essential and Freshman's Notator | Pilot Prera | Pilot Metropolitan | Lamy Safari, 1.1mm italic | Muji "Round Aluminum Pen" | Waterman Phileas | Noodler's Konrad | Nemosine Singularity 0.6mm stub | ASA Nauka, acrylic and ebonite | Gama Hawk | Wality Airmail | Noodlers Ahab | TWSBI GO | Noodlers Charlie | Pilot Plumix |

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NewPenMan

• SallyLyn

• amberleadavis

• Runnin_Ute

Top Posters In This Topic

Waterman IMO is the gold standard for safe, well behaved ink and all I use in my vintage pens. I do have good luck with several Noodler's inks and I'm not a great cleaner of inks. One that works well for me is a Noodler's exclusive --Legal Lapis. Check the reviews to see if you might like. I also like Violet Vote and do use it in one certain vintage pen. If left too long after cleaning, I fill with Waterman to get everything working again.

I think you would really like Pilot blue.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Pelikan 4001 series inks for a ink with good behavior but a bit "drier" than Waterman and a lot of others. Of course if you have a dry pen it isn't going to work as well as a wetter ink such as Waterman.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

You can also look at Pilot blue-black (which is more a dark blue).

I think that you are right..it's on my list next time I place an order, which will be soon!

Franklin-Christoph Stabilis 66 and Pocket 40: both with Matsuyama CI | Karas Kustoms Aluminum, Daniel Smith CI | Italix Parson's Essential and Freshman's Notator | Pilot Prera | Pilot Metropolitan | Lamy Safari, 1.1mm italic | Muji "Round Aluminum Pen" | Waterman Phileas | Noodler's Konrad | Nemosine Singularity 0.6mm stub | ASA Nauka, acrylic and ebonite | Gama Hawk | Wality Airmail | Noodlers Ahab | TWSBI GO | Noodlers Charlie | Pilot Plumix |

Nothing would make me happier than to have Waterman Absolute Brown be permanent - I love brown ink, and this shade is my go to. I find that brown ink retains a professional look while also stepping away from the traditional look of blacks and blues.

That said, I use Chesterfield Archival Vault (repackaged Diamine Registrars Blue-Black) often, and have also used Rohrer and Klinger Scabiosa, and both behave well. R&K Scabiosa may feather a bit more, but with a fine nib, it should be minimal.

Archival Vault is a definite winner in my eyes.