• Maxim

• A1979

• rsx

• Jd16

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On first thought, fugly...

Best regards, Kai

Montblanc 13x, #20/25/30/40, 244/6 Green Marbled, 322 Azure Blue, 234 1/2 G/PL, 256, 220, 34.

Montblanc 144G Grey, 146G Green Striated, 146 Silver Barley, 149 (50s-00s).

Montblanc WE Christie, Imperial Dragon, Wilde, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Proust, Schiller, Verne, Mann, Twain. PoA Prince Regent, Morgan...

Visconti Pontevecchio LE, Metropolitan Gordian Knot, Ripples. Omas Paragon Royale Blue HT, Extra Lucens Black LE. Pilot Silvern. Pelikan 620 Shanghai, 800 Blue o Blue.

Seems to be a pointless exercise - unless Montblanc/Richemont is aware of a huge number of Newson fans who are desperate to buy pens? Ah, the luxury goods market, it's a mystery to me.

Unspectacular pens, imho.

I did like his Lockheed Lounger chair, though.

Thanks.

Hmmmm. I can't really see it well enough, so I'm not going to pass judgment until I have it in hand. Waterman uses that style of clip, though pointed. The Montblanc star appears as though it's just glued to the outside surface of the bottom of the barrel; I hope it's not. Maybe the pen is a move to reenter a part of the market abandoned as Meisterstuck prices were hiked again and again.

Fred

I guess whoever put that one together couldn't find the top of the cap.

My first thought: Cool! Now everyone who hates Montblanc for the show-offy logo can enjoy a Montblanc, cos the logo will be hidden in the pocket.

Second thought: Hm, I'd like to take a closer look. Too hard to judge with that one photo.

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Maybe the pen is a move to reenter a part of the market abandoned as Meisterstuck prices were hiked again and again.

Fred

A pen conceived by a "world renowned" designer for a luxury label? Unlikely. ;)

Point taken. I was going by what I saw.

Did Wahl-Eversharp gouge customers with its Symphony pen designed by the famous designer Raymond Loewy?* Not like Montblanc will.

Fred

*Symphony

Edited by FredRydr

I like Newson’s work in general and I like the look of this. Looking forward to more and better pictures.

I wonder if a smaller splat on the side of the cap would be getting into Sheaffer white dot trademark infringement territory?

Agree the clip looks more like some Watermans than a Lamy Safari.

I like Newson’s work in general and I like the look of this. Looking forward to more and better pictures.
I wonder if a smaller splat on the side of the cap would be getting into Sheaffer white dot trademark infringement territory?
Agree the clip looks more like some Watermans than a Lamy Safari.

To me, the MB star looks like it's on the side of the body, not the cap...am I wrong here?

Given the placement of the star, I'm guessing it's not a piston-filler?

To me, the MB star looks like it's on the side of the body, not the cap...am I wrong here?

Given the placement of the star, I'm guessing it's not a piston-filler?

Yes, sorry, I meant body and put cap. :) Was thinking about the way the Sheaffer white dot has migrated quite a bit whereas the Montblanc star seems more consistently located, and whether Sheaffer has any size/location claims regarding white indentifying marks on pens that Newson had to tiptoe around.

I would guess c/c not piston, but hoping for some underlying technical innovation as well as designer cachet on the surface.

Was that a real picture from MB or someone pranking what they think might come from Newson?

(I'm asking seriously)

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)

Was that a real picture from MB or someone pranking what they think might come from Newson?

(I'm asking seriously)

It's the official Appelboompen Twitter account, they are more than serious.

Thanks. I just found it hard to believe that a design would pop out so quickly... designs take time.

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)

Thanks. I just found it hard to believe that a design would pop out so quickly... designs take time.

Not if you mash a Lamy and a Sheaffer together; that takes about five minutes.

Hope mb don't start making pens that look like lamy. I like Bauhaus with my appliances but not pens.

Edited by max dog

It will be hard to outdo the Lamy 2000 in terms of iconic modernist design

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

It will be hard to outdo the Lamy 2000 in terms of iconic modernist design

That is certainly true. But I'm sort of distressed to see the stuck-in-the-past responses here. I hope Montblanc never stops making Masterpiece inspired pens but that shouldn't stop them from exploring more contemporary designs as well. And they could hardly pick a better designer to work with than Newson.