Any Good Pen Stores In The St. Louis, Missouri Area?

kansaskyle

Lord wiling, I am flying out to St. Louis next week to teach some training classes, and I was curious if there are any good pen stores in the area? I saw an old post from 2009, but nothing recent.

Thanks in advance!

"I need solitary hours at a desk with good paper and a fountain pen like some people need a pill for their health." ~ Orhan Pamuk

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kansaskyle

• SteveE

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't live in St. Louis, but I have family not far from there. I have never found a pen store in the St. Louis area in my visits there over the past 15-20 years. These used to be (and may still be) a Crane Stationery store in one of the malls (IIRC, it was the St. Louis Galleria) that sells some fountain pens and inks. The last time I was there they carried Pilot VP's, some Waterman and maybe one or two other brands of pens. All were priced at full list price. Their main focus was selling high-end fancy papers; the pens were an accommodation, I guess.

I've had more luck finding vintage pens at some of the antique malls around the area. My best luck was at an antique mall in Fairview Heights, a town about 15-20 miles from St. Louis.

If anybody else knows of any other possibilities, I'd be interested, too.

Thanks for the insight.

Maybe I'll try to find some antique malls in the Chesterfield area since I have Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon free.

"I need solitary hours at a desk with good paper and a fountain pen like some people need a pill for their health." ~ Orhan Pamuk