• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• HalloweenHJB

• Davros

• WaskiSquirrel

I have not gotten my list together, but this year I am planning on doing some serious spring cleaning. It probably would have made sense to do this 4 years ago prior to our move to Portland, but in 4 years I have a number of pens and inks that have not been used and it is time to sent them to new homes.

Jim Couch

Portland, OR

I actually bought a few more, plus samples, but then I tend to buy inks quite infrequently. And I just decluttered everything else in the house. Let me keep a few luxuries!

The pinks are doing a round robin sort of ink give away. We are taking our extra inks and making samples to share them.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I decluttered by buying new shelves and bins for the shelves and reorganizing everything. Now I am ready for EVEN MORE ink. This is the most fun kind of spring cleaning.

I decluttered by buying new shelves and bins for the shelves and reorganizing everything. Now I am ready for EVEN MORE ink. This is the most fun kind of spring cleaning.

AGREED!!

fpn_1428001232__laughing-happy.png

Edited by HalloweenHJB

ME 2! I got a nice box from Cool Japan today & celebrated by finding a small chest with four drawers @ the antique mall to assist with storage. It will sit upon a table or desk yet probably would hold 40 bottles of ink. That will afford me a "good spring cleaning" by clearing off the desk top. Also found a (1/2 FULL) 32 ounce bottle of Skrip blue/black with existing screw cap on the bottle (it alas will NOT fit in the small chest!) But since I am not even past my first anniversary of collection I have a different feeling about the necessity of purging than those who have been @ this awhile. I think the drawers are actually deep enough to hold pens as well (just in case.)

Cleaning out? Are you serious?!? I am ADDING a bunch of stuff :). Just ordered some more octopus and Standardgraph inks, and I am casting loving glances at some Sailor bottles... Also, I am considering a second bottle of Pelikan Amethyst - this ink was a very pleasant surprise, wet and with nice dark color. The only cleaning out i did is that I put my "spare" bottles in a separate box to free some space in the drawer...

I actually made some samples up and shared inks which made room for more inks.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I have enough ink. I have enough ink....

Keep saying it. It's true.

I have a lot of samples, and that's good, because that's how I use most inks: little bit-o-this, little bit-o-that, change it out frequently. I also mix inks and put those in sample vials.

I'm sending out some of my less-used samples.

This is not to say I lack ink in BOTTLES. For a while there, I was into bottle shapes, got some MBs, including a few LE, 'shoes,' and one older 'shoe.' But I use those frequently. Traded away an extra bottle of Rotring Ultramarine. Still like the Levenger inks, crazy for the bottle shape. Got some Noodler's Waterman, Pelikan, j Herbin, and Skrip bottles of all vintages.

I'd better stop now and lie down with a cold rag on my head.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

I have enough ink. I have enough ink....

Keep saying it. It's true.

I have a lot of samples, and that's good, because that's how I use most inks: little bit-o-this, little bit-o-that, change it out frequently. I also mix inks and put those in sample vials.

I'm sending out some of my less-used samples.

This is not to say I lack ink in BOTTLES. For a while there, I was into bottle shapes, got some MBs, including a few LE, 'shoes,' and one older 'shoe.' But I use those frequently. Traded away an extra bottle of Rotring Ultramarine. Still like the Levenger inks, crazy for the bottle shape. Got some Noodler's Waterman, Pelikan, j Herbin, and Skrip bottles of all vintages.

I'd better stop now and lie down with a cold rag on my head.

Goodness, such variety! Yes, a cold rag and maybe a Sidecar to calm the vertigo. ;)

I actually made some samples up and shared inks which made room for more inks.

Yes. This is the best way to make space: fill it with ink.

Yes. This is the best way to make space: fill it with ink.

Ink fits in all the little cracks (and it even soaks into wood :yikes: )

• 6 months later...

So, how many of us actually gave away inks?

ME! Since it was last spring, I have almost no recollection of what the inks were! Or as the Stones would sing, "What a drag it is getting old..."

I did too. I have been playing with some of the samples you sent me, and I shared a few that I already had with some pen pals. In addition, I sent 28 bottles to Sinistral1 who decanted them for me and I've been sharing those. I did put back some of the empty bottles so that I can recall the inks, but seriously, I haven't used the ink or missed it.