• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A1979

• Calabria

• Cryptos

• RMN

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are many things to like about the 2000 but, to me, a significant part of the minimalist feel comes from the fact it only comes in the one understated finish[1]. Celebrating 50 years of an iconic matte black pen by issuing an edition in a different colour would be ... wrong. It would feel anti-2000 mystique, an anti-celebration. I possibly could be convinced a "stealth" edition along the lines of the Sailor Progear Imperial Black isn't anti-2000, but the stealth concept has been beaten to death the past few years.

Of course, that's my opinion. For all I know Lamy's market research has shown the real money is in translucent neon lime green demonstrators, steel nibs, and a price hike.

[1] Yeah, I know about the steel version.

There are many things to like about the 2000 but, to me, a significant part of the minimalist feel comes from the fact it only comes in the one understated finish[1]. Celebrating 50 years of an iconic matte black pen by issuing an edition in a different colour would be ... wrong. It would feel anti-2000 mystique, an anti-celebration. I possibly could be convinced a "stealth" edition along the lines of the Sailor Progear Imperial Black isn't anti-2000, but the stealth concept has been beaten to death the past few years.

Of course, that's my opinion. For all I know Lamy's market research has shown the real money is in translucent neon lime green demonstrators, steel nibs, and a price hike.

[1] Yeah, I know about the steel version.

I completely agree, but it would be awesome for a Lamy 2000 to come in crazy colours/materials at least once!

Haha may the God of fountain pens protect us from market researchers and neon lime green/purple swirl demonstrators!

But how about brushed aluminum?

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

Haha may the God of fountain pens protect us from market researchers and neon lime green/purple swirl demonstrators!

But how about brushed aluminum?

Too similar to stainless steel.

A demonstrator version would be kind of awesome, I think. As long as it was totally clear, and not lime green. :)

Fountain Pens: Still cheaper than playing Warhammer 40K

• 2 weeks later...

I want a silver morkolon to match the section and clip and not have the extra weight of the steel version

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing

• 2 weeks later...

Please, Lamy: enough of metal finishes!! ... so cold, so tech, so industrial

Now we want colours, we like colours, we deserve colours, we need colours!!!! Have I mentioned that a bright, colourful 2000 would bring much joy and peace to our hearts?

plumista

Now we want colours, we like colours, we deserve colours, we need colours!!!! Have I mentioned that a bright, colourful 2000 would bring much joy and peace to our hearts?

plumista

blue & gold would be nice. steel could be replaced with brass and the nib could be unplated.

or 50 pens in 50 different colours.

Edited by a.zy.lee

plumista

I want red! :)