Lamy 2000 Anniversary?

Calabria

It's part of an elaborate misdirection. Getting the 'community' up in arms over a lacklustre 50th anniversary design only to spring the true design on release day. The idea being that everyone will be so overcome with relief that it's not going to be this steel-look thing and will rush to buy the new micarta design.

Clever of Lamy I suppose.

Funny. But I think the opposite is true - the company is making a pen that could appeal to non-FPNers and also make a statement as a gift - while limiting the production so that some aficionados will also get it for their collection.

Honestly, it's kinda cool. But I personally never got the appeal of metal pens.

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A1979

• Calabria

• Cryptos

• RMN

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Appelboom for sharing the video!

I still think that original Makrolon 2000 is the best (or at least the most appealing to me).

Anyway, even though I am not super trilled by the Anniversary Edition, in general I really like and enjoy Lamy pens and design.

Happy Anniversary to Lamy!

Edited by rodja

Introducing video of the Lamy 2000 M Black Amber 50th Anniversary LE

Nice video - thanks. Love the explosion and assembly of the pen.

What could "black amber" be? From the video it looks like those photos of apparent palladium/titanium coating, but this video clearly states "black amber". With all of this CGI rendering, it's probably missing some visual nuances. If the pen is semi translucent black, that would be WAY cool. But... not for the price of $500. Sorry... that's just asking way too much.

[MYU's Pen Review Corner] | "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

What's the story about the 3D printed one? Must've missed the reference...

And separately, a translucent Lamy 2000 fp like the one I noticed before is being auctioned once more over there - http://item.ebay.com/252439541792 - does anyone know the story of where one can commission such a pen, and is it made with Lamy 2000 components? Just curious.

For that steel with a black amber finish edition that's 500 euros and available in September - I guess that's affordable? I emailed again to see if that was the one he meant was affordable, or if there were other limited or special edition jubilee editions in the plans (like a translucent Makrolon or Makrolon versions in other colors...). Hopefully he replies. :D

:thumbup:

I wouldn't go for those demonstrator knock-offs. I'll bet that they reuse LAMY 2000 parts, but the machining of the barrel and cap would have to be spot-on so that there are no leaks. Also, doesn't look like a cap clutch mechanism is there...

[MYU's Pen Review Corner] | "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

Well, compared with others jubilee edition (of others brands), 500 EUR seems quite affordable.

I don't think the Jubilee edition has been announced yet

Many thanks! Will the pen be available in all nib sizes?

Yes, all the regular Lamy 2000 nib sizes are available

Visit our webstore www.appelboompennen.nl

We ship worldwide!

Nice video - thanks. Love the explosion and assembly of the pen.

What could "black amber" be? From the video it looks like those photos of apparent palladium/titanium coating, but this video clearly states "black amber". With all of this CGI rendering, it's probably missing some visual nuances. If the pen is semi translucent black, that would be WAY cool. But... not for the price of $500. Sorry... that's just asking way too much.

The pen is stainless steel with a matte finish

We ship worldwide!

For a pen that basically hasn't changed in 50 years it doesn't surprise me that the 50 year LE basically hasn't changed from the stainless steel version.

Is the finish the same/like the Lamy Studio Palladium?

It looks the same, altough it is a bit ''colder'' compared to the Palladium finishes.

We ship worldwide!

So ... they took the normal 2000 M Stainless Steel and just PVD coated it with Palladium. Creative.

I hope they come up with other color or model before end of year in non metal version

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

The Black Amber metal version looks pretty, but not $500-worth of pretty. ($500 was too expensive anyway, but the falling GBP makes it truly unaffordable for people paying in Sterling).

It's very much in the spirit of the times: black seems to be the new black (e.g. MontBlanc's new blacker-than-black Meisterstück)

This a premium anniversary version of the 2000. Do we know definitively that there is a more plebeian version to follow later, as an earlier link suggests? I presume so, and that it will be based on the macrolon model (which I prefer anyway).

Have to see it in person but I may be interested!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!