Lamy 2000 Anniversary?

Calabria

News from Lamy were expected by the end of June or July?

Please that the anniversary is indeed related to the 2000 and not another Al-Star in a different color!

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A1979

• Calabria

• Cryptos

• RMN

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It doesn't look any different from the regular 2000. What a let down.

This looks like the Palladium coating from their other lines. Not excited – it's less of a "concrete" statement than either the original or the stainless steel version.

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

It looks exactly like the Stainless Steel version. I was hoping for something better.

I am disappointed. I'm not a fan of metal pens at all. I was really hoping for a nice color such as the reds or purple.

I'll make do with my 2 black makrolon for now.

I am not so excited either by metal or the anniversary that I would pay 2.5x as much as for a normal L2K. That is two makrolon L2K plus several bottles of ink, or a discounted new Imporium plus inks, and other options which buy different pens for variety.

Overwhelmingly underwhelmed at this stage.

X

I am not so excited either by metal or the anniversary that I would pay 2.5x as much as for a normal L2K. That is two makrolon L2K plus several bottles of ink, or a discounted new Imporium plus inks, and other options which buy different pens for variety.

Overwhelmingly underwhelmed at this stage.

If the price of the lamy 2000 anniversary is 500 euro, it's more like 3.5x the price of the regular 2K.

No thanks. I am not that appealed by it either.

I think I am gonna pass.

If the price of the lamy 2000 anniversary is 500 euro, it's more like 3.5x the price of the regular 2K.

No thanks. I am not that appealed by it either.

I think I am gonna pass.

Evidently we pay too much for our L2K here. All the more reason.

X

I don't buy it, its just someone's instagram. I will wait for the official Lamy announcement.

Not ruling out that Lamy themselves released the mock up to trigger some market feedback.

Actually if you look at the beginning of the thread you will see everyone was asking for plain metal finishes or demonstrators. People didn't want any colors or "anything tacky". Not many people were worried that Lamy would be too conservative. I also have to say the ideas presented in the thread are not all that imaginative either, so its no surprise that Lamy will always be pleasing a few people and disappointing many with whatever design they choose.

OK so now we know the plain metal finish is out, I guess we might see a demonstrator.

(Just for my personal opinion, I would prefer a plain metal finish with (dark) colors, but not too expensive. Demonstrator is ok, but a less preferred option for me.)

I actually thought we would have to wait for some release party in October before finding out the final design anyway.

Has: Lamy Safari M, Lamy Studio Steel F, Lamy 2000 F, Ice Blue Pilot Capless M, Lamy AL-star, TWSBI 540

Wants: Pelikan M1000 or perhaps M800, Parker Duofold Centennial, Gold M for Studio, Lamy 2000 M, Visconti Homo Sapiens, some Kawecos and Rotrings

I don't buy it, its just someone's instagram. I will wait for the official Lamy announcement

Yes, but Appelboom is a well known and appreciated seller. I think it's something more than just a rumour or a market survey.

From what I see so far, this is a huge anti climax. Let's hope there is some engraving or embellishment we can't see that will make this special.

Let's hope the metallic finish is at least platinum or something precious to make it worth the big premium. The poor lighting and blurry picture quality does not reveal enough. I recall the Cross Verve in Platinum looked quite stunning in person and pictures did not do it justice. I hope the same is the case here with the Lamy.

Edited by max dog