Lamy 2000 Anniversary?

Calabria

Eagerly awaiting news on this. I'm surprised they haven't even teased something yet. On the other hand, they don't want to tease with too much of a lead time; people would stop buying the regular edition while they wait.

The makrolon version can be had for about $100 USD + shipping from discount places like Massdrop. I'd hope the 50th Anniversary Edition wasn't more than $150-175. Any more than that and you could probably get a FP/Pencil set of regular 2000s.

... We do know they're actually making a 50th anniversary edition, right? I mean, we all want there to be one, but do we know they're actually doing anything? Pilot made a 90th anniversary pen, and a 95th anniversary line, so it's fairly predictable that they'll make a 100 year anniversary pen lineup in 2018. (One thing I like about Pilot is that they release a whole line of anniversary pens, priced from $100-$200 to "we're making six of these; mortgage your house."

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A1979

• Calabria

• Cryptos

• RMN

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The more expensive options of course are things like carbon fibre, titanium-nickel alloy (Nitinol) or boron silicate. That kind of thing.

Micarta is a lot more cost effective.

At least it's not Lucite, thank heavens!

There's so much hype on this thread that I suspect Lamy may have to duck for cover if it produces the same pen with '50' stamped on the end!

If I had to give my advice to Lamy based on what I would like to see, G10 has a better run than micarta. Similar to micarta, but impervious to moisture thanks to the base materials and the copious use of fiberglass resin.

The knife on the upper left has scales made of black and green G10. Takes a wonderful polish as well for a rough look, but velvety smooth feel in hand.

http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag244/paganarcher2/Mobile%20Uploads/20160507_034624_zpsgqf2agow_edit_1462610862345_zpsylolc8vw.jpg

... We do know they're actually making a 50th anniversary edition, right? I mean, we all want there to be one, but do we know they're actually doing anything? Pilot made a 90th anniversary pen, and a 95th anniversary line, so it's fairly predictable that they'll make a 100 year anniversary pen lineup in 2018. (One thing I like about Pilot is that they release a whole line of anniversary pens, priced from $100-$200 to "we're making six of these; mortgage your house."

Yes. Lamy is doing special versions of the 2000 and the Scala, under the heading, "50 years of Lamy design" (source: press release on the Lamy website, which dates Lamy's success to 1966).

• 3 weeks later...

When I asked earlier last month about more details - been askin' and suggesting materials for awhile - this is the excerpt of the response:

The LAMY 2000 jubilee product is going to be introduced starting June 2016. Please be patient for detailed information until that date. It will be affordable.

I was hoping for some new or high-tech material (was really hoping for tungsten), although that probably wouldn't be affordable. Other ideas I had, although they wouldn't acknowledge if I was on the right track, were that it'd be fun to see special and/or limited editions in other colors of Makrolon (like blue, green, or red, etc.). Maybe darker or subdued colors would be more appropriate than bright, "candy" colors, but I could be wrong.

A "demonstrator" transparent/translucent model would be neat as well - I was the 1st person to ask questions about a custom-made translucent LAMY 2000 being auctioned over there: http://item.ebay.com/252286929138 (but 90 days has passed since the auction ended, so it's probably not viewable).

Besides variations in Makrolon (and my wish of tungsten), it still would be cool if the new edition was made of some other, pretty superlative material. Like titanium... An anodized blue titanium-barreled LAMY 2000 would be nifty! Zirconium seems to be a relatively-new must-use material, and, if you looked at the pen projects over at kickstarter - http://j.mp/ksPens - folks also like to pledge when pens are made from copper, brass, and bronze, so it might be neat to see a LAMY 2000 in those metals as well (although I tend to like the more generic white or grey metal colors...).

Oh, or one made with carbon fiber - not the newest material, but it still might be fun. Metals I haven't seen used as pen bodies (though probably also cost-prohibitive), and probably more just used as a surface coat, are ruthenium and osmium. I think, besides its superlative qualities (some of which might make it hard to work with, however), osmium has a neat color - it's blue-grey. :)

But anyway, I didn't get much other details other than what I shared, but I have some ideas I think would be neat to see.

:thumbup:

Edited by OnePenGuy

I think the characters "50 Jahre" laser etched into the top of the brushed metal section would be suitably minimalistic, that's all. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have a theory. I think it's going to be dark lilac. That seems to be the theme colour of the year (judging from the other pens and the anniversary flag that was just raised in Heidelberg) and it's minimalistic, being colourful but (relatively) subtle. The Facebook page has confirmed that it will be an LE, so I'm expecting some seriousish $$$ too!

If I'm right you can all chip in and buy me one :-)

Cheers,

ralf

Hi,

I have a theory. I think it's going to be dark lilac. That seems to be the theme colour of the year (judging from the other pens and the anniversary flag that was just raised in Heidelberg) and it's minimalistic, being colourful but (relatively) subtle. The Facebook page has confirmed that it will be an LE, so I'm expecting some seriousish $$$ too!

If I'm right you can all chip in and buy me one :-)

Cheers,

ralf

Realising this whole topic is wishfull thinking and crystal-ball gazing, that option in dark lilac wouldn't be bad at all. I guess it would be quite doable to colour the macrolon dark lilac. Hope they re-edit the LE ink again, and now WITH bottles here in Europa.

We'll see in September/October when the party is planned.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Dark Lilac micarta. It's possible I suppose... :rolleyes:

Dark lilac Micarta with a whistle built into the cap 😁

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

I bet it will be red

I believe that's likely

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

I bet it will be red

I hope so! And, if possible, slightly cheaper than the "previous" red: :)

post-63755-0-23702400-1466199136_thumb.jpeg

Edited by A1979

yuk, I hope not red

changing the material would be better than changing to some strong color

but I'm not buying one cuz I have become a bit un-enamored of my 2000: just not feeling as good in my hand anymore