Great Customer Service (Poor Communication)

WillT

Fantastic - that's great news !

A little longer than I expected - but the outcome is spot on. Phew!

Edited by 2manypens

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WillT

• 2manypens

• ParkerQuink

• Millefleurs

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In my experience with Lamy repair center in Heidelberg, every pen sent was fully repaired or replaced... but please note: without any cost nor charge of any kind, not for their work nor for the registered shipment back to me.

Pens arrived just like new, yes, but in every case all the process was perfectly silent. Not a single word from Lamy. Just one day the parcel arrived fully unexpected, and that´s it!

So my last shipments were simply sent to them, like I do with any other post. I do not bother to email them in advance any more, I do not try to contact them, I do not expect them to hear me. I do the same procedure they have taught me: only the final facts that are relevant to the pen user are what matters.

Therefore, I would not consider their service as "poor", but as "no news".

plumista

Great news! Thanks to everyone who shared their experience; I've decided to send mine in for repair as well.

Lamy USA told me there is a $9.50 processing fee per pen and I should send it to their repair shop in Texas. You guys are sending pens to them in Germany without any money and they're fixing them? Has this worked for anyone in the U.S.?

Edited by cameron331

Lamy USA told me there is a $9.50 processing fee per pen and I should send it to their repair shop in Texas. You guys are sending pens to them in Germany without any money and they're fixing them? Has this worked for anyone in the U.S.?

Yes; just a nice letter saying what was wrong in English and asking how much it would cost to fix. (I'm in the UK though)

I think basically you're forcing their hand this way; envelope arrives in the post with a covering letter and they figure it's probably easier to fix and return it, then to return it with a note saying where it SHOULD have been sent, and then possibly seeing it back in their doorstep again a few weeks later, this time sent from the agent in the originating country.

"Truth can never be told, so as to be understood, and not be believ'd." (Wiiliam Blake)

Visit my review: Thirty Pens in Thirty Days

Pen arrived today - a new pen (although interestingly, in the exact same box it had been sent in, rather than a new in box pen). Cap problems solved, nib writing as an EF should and generally looking lustrous. I forgot how much I love the weight of this pen. It reminds me of a well finished torque wrench. Thank you Lamy! We had one or two hairy moments there, but you really came through for me.

Congratulations on a happy pen experience with Lamy!

Franklin-Christoph, Italix, and Pilot pens are the best!
Iroshizuku, Diamine, and Waterman inks are my favorites!

Apica, Rhodia, and Clairefontaine make great paper!

You are lucky. I sent them a pen many months ago (Last September) and never heard a word. I gather that pen is gone. I own a Lamy 27, a Lamy 2k and a small army of other Lamy pens but this one was made specially for club and had a customized cap. I would have even paid for the repair and the postage since it was a LE pen. oh well.

I SHOULD have just sent the pen with a different cap. It never occurred to me to do that. Dumb me.

Looking for a cap for a Sheaffer Touchdown Sentinel Deluxe Fat version

In India I am lucky in a way that lamy agent fixing problems within 3 weeks but you need to show them invoice

• 5 weeks later...

You are lucky. I sent them a pen many months ago (Last September) and never heard a word. I gather that pen is gone. I own a Lamy 27, a Lamy 2k and a small army of other Lamy pens but this one was made specially for club and had a customized cap. I would have even paid for the repair and the postage since it was a LE pen. oh well.

I SHOULD have just sent the pen with a different cap. It never occurred to me to do that. Dumb me.

http://inkypassion.com/2015/04/26/my-lamy-nightmare-the-disappointing-state-of-lamy-customer-service-in-singapore/

I certainly hope your wait hasn't been anywhere close to mine. My pens have been gone for almost a year!

I think Asia has some of the brunt hit on them at the end of the stick... it's also the same as my experience but eh... either way I'm already satisfied with what I have a Lamy Logo and a Lamy 2000

heck I'm still waiting news on my Pilot's section... it even hurts that our only Pilot distributor hasnt regarded the fountain pens in at least 50 years of it's existence only concentrated on the cheaper BPs and RBs of which I like is the Pilot V5 RT, I don't like the G2 honestly

Edited by Algester

• 4 months later...

In my experience I wanted to change a nib in a 2000 and here in the UK there is no one listed as a dealer to do this (unbelieveable really) so I sent it recorded international to Lamy's repair centre :

C. Josef Lamy GmbH

Repair-Center

D-69111 Heidelberg

It took them longer to reply to my email about doing this than it took the actual pen to be physically returned to me recorded delivery. The work and postage were all free

Good to know. How long did they keep the pen? Mine was sent for a nib swap, they received it on September 10th, and I am wondering when I will have the pen back...