Ink Clinics Is This Exclusively A Japanese Thing?

Algester

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Algester

• Tinjapan

• amberleadavis

• koofle

The ¥2000/$20. you pay for the ink is the same you would pay for a bottke of Kingdom Note, Bung Box or Maruzen ink of the same amount, so the blending is actually free!

I have ordered extra bottles of my ink once I learned that it is just the one gent. doing this. In one case, the order was in the very next day!! He must have been bored.

However, I have only been able to order more through Itoya.

I would agree, however, that just a month notice is very short, and I live here. From overseas it must be very short indeed.

This convinces me that instead of taking a mini vacation to Japan, I need to move there! :)

The ¥2000/$20. you pay for the ink is the same you would pay for a bottke of Kingdom Note, Bung Box or Maruzen ink of the same amount, so the blending is actually free!

I have ordered extra bottles of my ink once I learned that it is just the one gent. doing this. In one case, the order was in the very next day!! He must have been bored.

However, I have only been able to order more through Itoya.

I would agree, however, that just a month notice is very short, and I live here. From overseas it must be very short indeed.

Did you have to sign up or just line up? And what was your signature blend?

Inquisitive Quill on Instagram and YouTube 

Ah, the first question is a little tricky, but if I remember correctly, I answered it in the thread I started on my ink quest. The thread is titled "Custom Blended Ink, My Perfect Blue". It can be found in "Inky Thoughts".

Edited by Tinjapan

Ah, the first question is a little tricky, but if I remember correctly, I answered it in the thread I started on my ink quest. The thread is titled "Custom Blended Ink, My Perfect Blue". It can be found in "Inky Thoughts".

ahah, thank you! Lovely colour.

Inquisitive Quill on Instagram and YouTube 

Now I'm even more eager to go to Japan, and schedule my visit for such kind of occasion. Sadly will not happen soon.

Indeed, as for vacations I typically plan up to 1 year before JIC last minute emergencies. Not to mention airfare and making reservations which is always fun. Oh well, yet another item to add to my bucket list.

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow

They check your ink pressure and verify if you have any allergies to specific colors.

You should do that at least once a year.. is a good thing to know at all times. Most of us develop allergies to specific colors after a long time of ink collecting.

C.

C keeps telling me that no one dies of lack of ink. Yet she keeps acquiring. :)

If you find an ink clinic in the US, please share, I'm sure I need to go.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• 3 weeks later...

This sounds very cool, though I am unlikely to ever make it to one.

I would be interested to see what people had made though...

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love. -Carl Sagan

This sounds very cool, though I am unlikely to ever make it to one.

I would be interested to see what people had made though...

its not really publicized but there are some dig around the japanese blogs with sailor inks I found like a good handful 10 or so inks

They check your ink pressure and verify if you have any allergies to specific colors.

You should do that at least once a year.. is a good thing to know at all times. Most of us develop allergies to specific colors after a long time of ink collecting.

C.

I'll add that it is also common to find, after some time, that ink allergies you had have resolved themselves, leaving you free to enjoy that ink color once again. However, I am not a certified Inkallergist.

• 1 month later...

http://togetter.com/li/795784

somebody said they were curious what people had acquired during this events well this is just a small sample... I did say I wasnt going to post this on the larger sailor ink thread though but I think this is the "best" thread for it

• 11 months later...

Wish I could go. Sounds amazing!

Me too. Love to go

Anyone like Ray Bradbury? Please read "The Laurel and Hardy Love Affair" if you have about 12 minutes.

You will not forget this wonderful gem that is largely obscure and sadly, forgotten. http://bit.ly/1DZtL4g

Update: Papier Plume in New Orleans has been known to do this sort of ink-cedure.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Update: Papier Plume in New Orleans has been known to do this sort of ink-cedure.

Just be warned, most insurance companies want some kind of prior authorization before paying for it. ;)

Physician- signing your scripts with Skrips!

I'm so tough I vacation in Detroit.

LOL and probably a 2nd opinion.