Ink Clinics Is This Exclusively A Japanese Thing?

Algester

I'm curious as a mediate time stalker of Sailor Pen company seeing the company holds ink clinics through the entirerity of Japan for the year is this exclusive an entirely Japanese thing or are there ink events also held in other countries that isnt necessarily held by Sailor for example Diamine... or J. Herbin?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Algester

• Tinjapan

• amberleadavis

• koofle

What does one do at an "ink clinic?"

Kent

They check your ink pressure and verify if you have any allergies to specific colors.

You should do that at least once a year.. is a good thing to know at all times. Most of us develop allergies to specific colors after a long time of ink collecting.

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Oh, come on, don't pick on Algester - English frequently confuses those of us raised to it. :)

I suspect mediate is intermediate, as in midrange. So Algester has been watching the Sailor site for some time. They hold pen clinics, to do repairs, adjustments, make custom inks, etc. I haven't heard of an ink clinic, but have heard of the custom ink blending at clinics, so maybe there are some.

Good old spell check, it gotten me before.

I was not picking on anyone, sometimes other countries have different terms for words that I am not familiar with.

I don't know if I guessed right, Zaphod. We'll have to wait for Algester to say.

And I hope it didn't come across as I was picking on you all for picking on Algester. I was just a bit worried that A. was feeling a bit made fun of. (I don't know if A. is male or female, hence the excessive use of the name rather than pronouns).

They check your ink pressure and verify if you have any allergies to specific colors.

You should do that at least once a year.. is a good thing to know at all times. Most of us develop allergies to specific colors after a long time of ink collecting.

C.

Thanks for the clarification Cyber6. I just made an appointment with my inkallergist.

Kent

basically put an Ink Clinic is an event normally held by Sailor where you have a professional ink mixer who for a fee (2000 yen) would make an ink color of your own liking and perhaps shading properties as well

currently their ink mixer in their website is Ishimaru Osamu (Osamu Ishimaru in the western naming sense)

I'm sure everyone is familiar with Pen Clinics?

and if an ink depletes your ink can still be made by sailor again for a fee of 2000 yen which should more or less equate the same stuff as buying store exclusive inks and pretty much as I originally believed, noone knows of this... getting a trip to japan just enough time for an ink clinic is a logisitcal nightmare

If anyone will be going to Japan by march on this dates specifically Tokyo and Osaka

When: March 14-16, 2015

Where: Mitsukoshi Shopping Mall

Note: 1 Chome-4-1 Nihonbashimuromachi, Chūō-ku, Tōkyō-to 103-0022

When: March 21-23, 2015

Where: Hankyu Umeda Shopping Mall (Just outside Osaka Shinkaisen station)

Note: 8-7 Kakudachō, Kita-ku, Ōsaka-shi, Ōsaka-fu 530-0017

PS: According to Sailor's website there seems to be no limit for now but normally it's 1 ink bottle per head

Edited by Algester

That sounds amazing, I knew Sailor makes custom inks for various shops in Japan but I had no idea an individual could "commission" a bespoke ink!

I'm not sure how stalking a company for a few months says your a long time stalker? I mean I now some people would stalk for 9 years... it's creppy

Haha, true indeed

C.

Maybe where you are.

Here, they are like flu clinics, with vaccinations against the year's anticipated "hot" strains of ink. Unfortunately, there's often an unexpected hit that wipes out lives and bank accounts. If only we had been prepared for Gris Orage. So many could have been saved.

Never forget.

IIRC I asked a similar question a few months ago and a fellow member told me you can order bespoke inks by Sailor if you sign up in time and happen to be in the area too. The price is very reasonable but they tend to be announced in short notice and they don't really have a official list per se. It's like a promotional event held at the local stationers and the price is very fair for your own custom colors.

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow

IIRC I asked a similar question a few months ago and a fellow member told me you can order bespoke inks by Sailor if you sign up in time and happen to be in the area too. The price is very reasonable but they tend to be announced in short notice and they don't really have a official list per se. It's like a promotional event held at the local stationers and the price is very fair for your own custom colors.

actually they announce when and where the event is held via the sailor website today marks the near end of january and they have march schedule in so thats approx 1 month advance

http://www.sailor.co.jp/event

they also hold penmanship clinics as well

Also there's an ink clinic normally held by Kakimori store, Tokyo where the staff use Private reserve inks

Edited by Algester

If anyone will be going to Japan by march on this dates specifically Tokyo and Osaka

When: March 14-16, 2015

Where: Mitsukoshi Shopping Mall

Note: 1 Chome-4-1 Nihonbashimuromachi, Chūō-ku, Tōkyō-to 103-0022

When: March 21-23, 2015

Where: Hankyu Umeda Shopping Mall (Just outside Osaka Shinkaisen station)

Note: 8-7 Kakudachō, Kita-ku, Ōsaka-shi, Ōsaka-fu 530-0017

PS: According to Sailor's website there seems to be no limit for now but normally it's 1 ink bottle per head

Thank you for this very useful, trip-hyping information!

Inquisitive Quill on Instagram and YouTube