Gama/ Asa Revolution: The Black Beauty

mrmohitmishra

Wow. That's a super pen, a very simple pen but one with stunning curves and character. I absolutely must visit Gama next time I come to India! And in the meantime ASA pens may be hearing from me.

The good nib and the choice of filling systems is a major upgrade from the way Indian pens used to be. Really I feel the Indian pen industry is maturing and making some lovely pens now.

You just summed it up sir. I have Crystal, Athlete, Spear and Airborne from same manufacturer. But Revolution is the pen I have been carrying sinceI got it. It looks great with my black coat. It can be held from anywhere. It's light weight and sturdy. I think Mr. Subramaniam, named the pen correctly.

So far as maturing Fountain pen industry is concerned I would request you to peruse an excellent write up by Anup ji

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/268916-fountain-pen-revolution-in-india/

Edited by mrmohitmishra

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrmohitmishra

• wastelanded

• a_m

• DaveBj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another excellent and entertaining review! Thanks a lot Mr.Mohit for sharing it!

Thanks dear Mr. Pandya.

ANy new pen?

Review Update:

I have been using this pen for more than one month. I have grown fond of this pen. It has truly become one of my favorites. No

issues so far. The nib has mellowed to my needs. It has become far smoother far better. Man loving it. I will definitely order one

more. This is the only pen I have got that can challenge Lamy Safari and Perhaps beat it. I am really really happy with my decision

of buying it.

IMHO the best pen on ASA

• 2 weeks later...

"Dark am I, yet lovely, daughters of Jerusalem, dark like the tents of Kedar, like the tent curtains of ..

Lovely review. And the pen is already out of stock :).

Thank you,

Sonik

I like the ASA spear, one with a perforated nib :)

You have come to earth to entertain and to be entertained - P.Y

Some Pen & Paraphernalia Reviews

Excellent review and photos. I own a Brahmaputra, the larger version of this pen, and it is everything you say this pen is.

Yes, they are often out of stock at Asapens. If one is patient and checks frequently, they will be available. I checked every day for a couple of weeks, wanting the Revolution. When the Brahmaputra was in stock I jumped on it. And I'm glad I did.

"I was cut off from the world. There was no one to confuse or torment me, and I was forced to become original." - Franz Joseph Haydn 1732 - 1809

I have to admit I'm not a connoisseur but I don't see anything beautiful in that pen....

sorry..

Greatness inspires envy, envy engenders spite, spite spawns lies.

J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

I put my savings to test

Lamy & Pilot FPs the Best

No more I even think of the rest

(Preference Fine and Extra Fine Nibs)

Pen is meant for writing - not for looking :-)

I have to admit I'm not a connoisseur but I don't see anything beautiful in that pen....

sorry..

Beauty always lies in the eyes of the beholder :)

Check this one out from the same company, you might like this

PS - I don't have any pens from ASA yet

You have come to earth to entertain and to be entertained - P.Y

Some Pen & Paraphernalia Reviews

sorry..

That's OK... most of us here do, and we probably won't like what you find beautiful. Different strokes for different folks, as they say...

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Excellent review and photos. I own a Brahmaputra, the larger version of this pen, and it is everything you say this pen is.

Yes, they are often out of stock at Asapens. If one is patient and checks frequently, they will be available. I checked every day for a couple of weeks, wanting the Revolution. When the Brahmaputra was in stock I jumped on it. And I'm glad I did.

Thanks. I got inspired to buy this pen by the photos you posted. Thanks again

sorry..

It's ok. I appreciate the straight forwardness.

I am a bad photographer. So that may be a reason. May be when you would see it in person you would like it better.

Greatness inspires envy, envy engenders spite, spite spawns lies.

J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

:) :) :)

Thanks. I got inspired to buy this pen by the photos you posted. Thanks again

I'm glad to enable your FP habit, I mean inspire you to try one. ;) I also want a Revolution myself. Or an Eyas, which I would convert it into a blow filler.

"I was cut off from the world. There was no one to confuse or torment me, and I was forced to become original." - Franz Joseph Haydn 1732 - 1809

sorry..

I can understand that. It's a very minimalistic design, and I think most people would like more shiny bits on it. Personally, I'm a minimalist so I like it a lot.