• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TeaHive

• Feathers

• RMN

• Thier.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A burgundy-and-black pearlescent 1930 Parker Duofold Senior slimline in swoon-worthy condition to satisfy my Christmas season-induced craving for red.

James

The odyssey with the Ackerman pump pen ended quickly after it arrived. It went in the recycle bin. xD

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you have found other good alternatives to help you get over the dud.

I can relate, maybe one had high hopes regarding a certain pen, and maybe everyone else seems to love it, too. But alas, then after one gets it, it warrants but a mild 'meh' on a good day. It's frustrating.

But there are reversed surprises too,of course. One expected a 'meh', but gets something that's heaps of fun.

My violet Platinum Plaisir arrived in the mail. I immediately made it my dedicated Kung Te-Cheng pen. My blue one is linked to Baystate Blue and I'll choose some red ink with no redeeming social value for my red Plaisir. Then I'll have my incorrigible troika to carry with me everywhere I feel like fun writing with badly behaved inks.

Qui tam pro domino rege quam pro se ipso in hac parte sequitur.

The other day my mum went Xmas shopping but she didn't find me a suitable present...in my inherent eternal goodness :P (moahahaha) I offered her to get something myself.

On it's way is a bright yellow Monteverde Tool Pen, a gadget I couldn't resist being a woodcraft teacher.

It'll be fun in the woodcraft workshop.

regards,

Hugo

Thou shalt not stir one foot to seek a foe.

Eadem Mutata Resurgo.

I've really stopped buying stuff now, but I am still waiting for some things from earlier this season.

I have a 10 pack of hero 616s that should arrive between "Thursday, December 24 and Wednesday, January 13."

A pair of "JINHAO 886 Black 18KGP Medium Nib Fountain Pen" with an "Estimated delivery: Wed. Dec. 16 - Wed. Jan. 20" date.

And I'm still waiting on five nibs I bought with an, "Estimated delivery: Thu. Dec. 3 - Thu. Jan. 7" date.

If the separate nibs aren't total junk one may go into a cheap piston filler I got a while back which has a folded nib. I think that fountain pen's tip will wear out at some point, it's folded vertically, so I think it will wear out even faster than a cheap nib that has the ends of the tines folded under the tip. Be great if I could swap in a nib with actual tipping material on it.

Too bad I may have to wait until next year to receive any of this stuff.

But I am back on the wagon now. I haven't bought anything pen and/or ink related in almost two weeks :D .

http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp360/Ink_Stained_Wretch/Street_cleaning_equipment_St._Louis.png

I'm Back on this Wagon, I think

On a sacred quest for the perfect blue ink mixture!

ink stained wretch filling inkwell

That's an Opera master or a Wall Street of some kind?

Great looking no matter what.

That's the Chatterley Luxuries 10th Anniversary Opera Master.

That's an Opera master or a Wall Street of some kind?

Great looking no matter what.

That's the Chatterley Luxuries 10th Anniversary Opera Master.

Correct. The material is the same celluloid that was used by Visconti for the Aida model, as well as the Tintenkuli limited edition they made for Rotring.

There are two orders going my way.

From Toronto comes a Kaweco Dia 2 in black/chrome with a stainless BB nib. From the UK a Kaweco 14K double broad nib-unit is being shipped.

The Plan: Send the Dia 2 with the gold BB nib to be stubbed by Pendleton Brown. (Don't have any pictures yet but these links should do for now.) Would like to post the pen & custom stub, with writing samples in the "Stub of the Day" thread. This Winter's project.

https://www.wonderpens.ca/Kaweco_Dia2_Fountain_Pen_Black_with_Silver_Accen_p/kawecodia2.htm

http://www.cultpens.com/i/q/KW42106/kaweco-14k-gold-replacement-nib-unit

(No affiliation to either business above.)

Edited by tinta

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

*Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14k. (factory) "H-B"

*Kaweco SPECIAL FP: 14k. "B",-0.6 mm BLS & 14k."M" 0.4 mm. BLS (PB)

*Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14k. "M" -0.7 mm.BLS, (PB)

I got a gift card to Amazon so I just ordered two TWSBI Ecos! A white 1.1 stub and a black broad. So excited to get my first TWSBIs the next thing I have to do is pick out new inks for them.

I had to many tabs open and posted in this section by mistake. Please delete this post (I am not referring to my above post just this one).

Edited by Jeremington