What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2015

RMN

Excuse the cell phone pics. From left to right:

Platinum 3776 Nice Pur

Pilot Custom 74

Sailor Professional Gear

So much eye candy! Very nice!!

-Peppers

I have dreamt of the day where I am holding a Waterman Carene. Sigh... seems too distant I can only see the fog far away.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TeaHive

• Feathers

• RMN

• Thier.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pelikan M800 green demonstrator

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

I haven't purchased any new pens in quite a while. Now I am waiting on a Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronze pen with a fine nib, I have already received the matching ball point. In addition I am waiting on an Omas Milord with a medium nib and a matching ball point. I like to get the FP and BP set so I don't have to loan my fountain pens out, nearly everyone knows how to use a ball point without damaging it.

One ink to find them,

One ink to bring them all

One ink to rule them all,

and in the darkness bind them..

Vintage Esterbrook SJ Copper with a new 9556 nib....Should arrive Friday (12/11)!!:)

Always try to get the dibs.....on fountain pens with EF nibs!!

Tracking info is showing my parcel in 'retentions', it's made it all the way from Japan only to get stuck at the last hurdle. C'mon customs letter! I'm choking!

Platinum 3776 - F, Pilot Decimo - F, TWSBI Vac Mini - 1.1i

I am waiting to receive in the mail from France, a vintage 1930s red mottled hard rubber Stylomine 303C with a 18K flex nib. It is a little smaller than the rare and really hard to find giant Stylomine-Red Mottled Hard Rubber 303 MASTEDON. I am going to ink it with Diamine Terracotta ink to write with a vintage feel by Christmas. I am looking forward to having a piece of French pen history in my hands.

Heard today that my Nakaya 21st Anniversary Naka-ai with monkey roll stopper from Classic Fountain Pens will be shipped tomorrow.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

A pair of "Jinhao 886 Black 18KGP Medium Nib Fountain Pens."

They may not arrive until next year though. I'd read people raving about the Jinhao 886 here, so I decided to spend "$3.58 USD" as PayPal puts it and see if they're something that I might find pleasing.

That wagon is not nearby, but I think I'll probably get to it after these two fountain pens arrive.

307px-Street_cleaning_equipment._St._Lou

The wagon in the distance that I need to get back on.

Edited by Ink Stained Wretch

On a sacred quest for the perfect blue ink mixture!

ink stained wretch filling inkwell

Just ordered a Visconti Rembrandt in Purple, should be coming in sometime next week.

Those who hurt me were not only someone else,

but also those who pretended not to notice. It was my friend.

I have a ton of things on the mail coming my way.

It will be the first time that I depart from the Lamy starters. :D Definitely getting serious into this hobby/interest.

1. Pilot Custom Heritage 92 Clear Demonstrator 14k Rhodium Plated - M
  2. Pilot Stella 90s (also know as the Stargazer) Night Blue (also known as Sapphire) 14k Gold - M
  3. Pilot Elite 95s Deep Red 14k Gold (also knows as Burgundy/Ivory) - M
  4. Pilot Elite 95s Black 14k Gold - M
  5. Pilot Custom 74 Black 14k Gold - M
  6. Pilot Custom Heritage 91 Black 14k Rhodium Plated - M

Let me know what you think!

-Peppers

I must add a Platinum Century #3776 Chatres Blue 14k Gold - M

Couldn't resist getting a nib with a heart shaped breeding hole, plus everybody talks wonders about the pen.

At this point, my order may arrive till next year. Haha.

-Peppers

I have dreamt of the day where I am holding a Waterman Carene. Sigh... seems too distant I can only see the fog far away.

I won a bid for a Fellowship Pillar (Indian ED) which I assume to be in the orange-brown colour way.

Here's a review for one on FPN https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/218390-fellowship-eye-dropper/?p=2301168

I don't know about you but 'Inexpensive, Indian, semi-transparent, resin, small-sized, no-nonsense-like, flat-top, ED with free shipping via ebay' sounds pretty goodin my ears.

I won a bid for a Fellowship Pillar (Indian ED) which I assume to be in the orange-brown colour way.

Here's a review for one on FPN https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/218390-fellowship-eye-dropper/?p=2301168

I don't know about you but 'Inexpensive, Indian, semi-transparent, resin, small-sized, no-nonsense-like, flat-top, ED with free shipping via ebay' sounds pretty goodin my ears.

I can say that the Fellowship is a reliable ED for the price I assume that you have to pay for it (I got it complementary when I ordered a Ranga 4C). It's got an ebonite feed that you can heat-set for better performance, but you have to watch out for ink blobbing. Warm the pen barrel in your hand for a few minutes before a writing session so the air in it expands to its heart's content. You can actually see the ink level rise and bubble if you look down past the feed into the section from above.

fpn_1449999572__fellowship_pillar.jpg

Edited by Noihvo

"We are one."

– G'Kar, The Declaration of Principles

@Noihvo, Thank you very much for the tip.

I must say, I've never had that infamous ED-burping happening to me.

For one I think I just don't write continuously enough for it. Rather, I'd write for 5, 10 minutes, then put the pen down, look something up, continue, and so on.

And then, out of fear of this very thing, I always refill my ED when they're about half empty.

I placed the winning bid at an online auction yesterday for an early 90's Parker Duofold Blue Marble Centennial, it will arrive somewhere next week.

I have been looking for some time for this pen for a descent price. It was, at the end of the 80's, the first Duofold I ever saw and I turned my head with a 'WOW, what is that?' but the staggering 12.000 Belgian francs (about €300 which was a lot of money back then, and actually still is) was way out of my budget.

Hugo

Thou shalt not stir one foot to seek a foe.

Eadem Mutata Resurgo.

Well, EoC went a bit nuts all off a sudden. (Nuttier than usual that is)

Just arrived, an Eversharp Equi-poised ringtop (it's a beauty, see here post #12).

In the mail:

An Estie Dollar pen (for 15 x the original price!) with a 2048 nib - a donor body for my Osmiroid nibs is all.

A Ranga 4C which is making a quick return trip to India - should be heading this way now.

A sealed box of 144 Blanzy Departmentale Cementee #2552 dip nibs.

A Pilot Custom 912 with the FA nib - sold the Waterman 94 to get this.

And, finally, after much travail - despite missing out on the special deal and having to pay full price - a Desiderata!

The early part of the new year will see the acquisition of a Masuyama medium italic #6 Jowo nib - to swap around with the 1.5mm stub on the Ranga. And that will be that until much later in the year when a grail pen will be under consideration. Already know which one it is, just a question of how much it is desired.

EoC is such a fraud, no?

The day after I ordered the Visconti Rembrandt, I ordered a Kaweco sport in purple. I need more purple pens in my life...

Those who hurt me were not only someone else,

but also those who pretended not to notice. It was my friend.

Way to go FOUR X FOUR!! I've just been in the FP Addiction for a couple of years, but my first one was a Pelikan.

I was waiting for and just received Friday a Visconti Opera Master Crimson Tide, 1.3mm Stub. And before I left the Goulet site, I " accidentally " bought a Conklin Duragraph Ice Blue.

Happy birthday to me.

If your out-go is more than your income,

Then your up-keep.

May be your Down-falll!!!