• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TeaHive

• Feathers

• RMN

• Thier.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Faber-Castell Emotion Wood/Chrome EF....snagged the last one!!!:)

2 vintage Esterbrooks and a Conklin Duragraph Amber EF are due in TODAY (Friday)!!!! :thumbup:

Always try to get the dibs.....on fountain pens with EF nibs!!

Recently got two very nice and really, really cheap Hero 901 (payed $4 for both of them, free shipping, can't beat that). Now I'm waiting for a Duke 209. I liked the pictures of it, I have no idea how it will perform, but I'm a sucker for two-colors nibs and heavy pens.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.

I have three pens in route:

Parker 51 Special from Mr. Zorn

Pilot Custom Heritage 912 with a PO nib!!!

Karas Kustoms Bolt pen

Just ordered a Platinum 3776 Century in Chartres Blue with a medium nib...

So jealous! ;)

I have dreamt of the day where I am holding a Waterman Carene. Sigh... seems too distant I can only see the fog far away.

My Platinum 3776 Century Sai limited edition demonstrator arrived today. Mottishaw-stubbed B nib tuned perfectly for a left-handed over-writer. Loaded with Dromgoole's Texas Bluebonnet by Noodler's Ink.

These guys can flat make some pens.

Qui tam pro domino rege quam pro se ipso in hac parte sequitur.

I forgot my Platinum 3776 Century Nice Pur that arrived yesterday :lol:. I'm finding the medium nib writes even smoother than my Pilot mediums.

I forgot my Platinum 3776 Century Nice Pur that arrived yesterday :lol:. I'm finding the medium nib writes even smoother than my Pilot mediums.

Pictures please! If possible. :D

I have dreamt of the day where I am holding a Waterman Carene. Sigh... seems too distant I can only see the fog far away.

The beyond gorgeous Wahl-Eversharp Blue Decoband arrived yesterday, in packaging that would put a LE Montblanc or S.T. Dupont to shame. It will be wrapped up and put under the tree until Christmas. Still waiting to hear about my Nakaya and the Sailor Sapporo Slim I've ordered for my daughter-in-law from nibs.com

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

You have admirable self-control, jmccarty :)

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

I am now waiting for some Platinum Preppys in three different colors, and one Chibi 2 from Jet Pens.

I lost out on the Preppys from a previous purchase elsewhere, and I seem to have developed an appetite for them now. I'm not 100% sure that I'm even going to like the Preppys! I suppose I had better like them now. And that Chibi 2 just looked interesting and adequately inexpensive, since I was buying stuff anyway, so well see how that one works out.

But after this purchase I am seriously going back on the wagon :excl: .

The Preppys and the Chibi 2 have arrived. I must say, I was not favorably impressed with the packaging. There was a sheet of bubble wrap with all 10 pens just rolled up in the bubble wrap which was then made into an ersatz container with masking tape.

And most of the Preppys' caps were just hanging loose.

I'll get around to trying these pens out some time in the future, and I also need to research how to get the writing off the barrels, as Nathan Tardif has done with the Preppys he's turned into eye dropper pens.

Insert my usual whine about that wagon I'm clearly not on at this time here :doh: .

On a sacred quest for the perfect blue ink mixture!

ink stained wretch filling inkwell

I have ordered a Conid Regular Flattop Bulkfiller Demonstrator, but with a clear grip section rather than the black normally used. Being the patient soul that I am, I photobodged up an image of my pen to gaze upon longingly whilst I await its manufacture and delivery. I didn't try darkening the nib from steel to dark grey titanium.. that just seemed a little obsessive. :blush:

http://i68.tinypic.com/2rei2z6.jpg

Conid R DCB DB FT Ti & Montblanc 146 stub nib | Lamy 2000; Vista | Montblanc 90th Anni Legrand | Pelikan M800 Burnt Orange; M805 Stresemann | Pilot Prera; VP Guilloche | Visconti Fiorenza Lava LE; Homo Sapiens Bronze

A Pelikan M405 blue striped with 14C fine nib picked up for a very nice price.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

I wasn't going to buy any more pens for the rest of the year...didn't make it. Ran across a Cartier Diabolo in Grain d'Orge for an irresistible price and had to buy it. Suppose to be here tomorrow. :)

http://carmenriverapens.com/wp-content/uploads/cartier-diabolo-platinum-grain-dorge-fountain-pen-2.jpg

Edited by Cordovian

Uh-oh, I just ordered a Lamy Al-Star (black with medium nib), convertor and three extra nibs: fine, extra-fine and italic 1.5. Can't wait for them to arrive and play. And on my way home I couldn't help myself and bought a bottle of Pelikan Royal Blue 4001 ink.

BTW, does anyone knows how Lamy's ink is? I've seen some black today (can't really remember the exact type) at the store, but its price is more then twice the price of Pelikan ink.

Edited by BatmanWalks

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.

Uh-oh, I just ordered a Lamy Al-Star (black with medium nib), convertor and three extra nibs: fine, extra-fine and italic 1.5. Can't wait for them to arrive and play. And on my way home I couldn't help myself and bought a bottle of Pelikan Royal Blue 4001 ink.

BTW, does anyone knows how Lamy's ink is? I've seen some black today (can't really remember the exact type) at the store, but its price is more then twice the price of Pelikan ink.

Lamy's ink is good. But if the Pelikan is half the price, I'd go with that. Both are well-behaved and pleasant to look at.

Qui tam pro domino rege quam pro se ipso in hac parte sequitur.

Pictures please! If possible. :D

Excuse the cell phone pics. From left to right:

Platinum 3776 Nice Pur

Pilot Custom 74

Sailor Professional Gear

post-126427-0-14781300-1449530633_thumb.jpg

post-126427-0-65849200-1449530693_thumb.jpg