What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2015

RMN

You will love it. I was given mine when I graduated from high school in 1967. I have several nibs for it, including a stub that I got recently from nibs.com. The 75 is not very large, but it writes so smoothly!

Yours is quite a love story - 48 years! I'm sure I'll love my 75. Tried several versions, incl. lacquer-coated barrels and French 18K nibs. Opted for a classic - US-made, crosshatch grid, fine 65 nib.

Practice, patience, perseverance

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TeaHive

• Feathers

• RMN

• Thier.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I forgot to update my List but I received a bunch of stuff from it this week

What I received this week off The List:

Diamine Red Dragon

Wing Sung 590 (BTW its huge and I love how huge it is)

Serwex 362 x3 (I was expecting to get 3 pens but was not expecting to get different colors, I ordered a gray and I expected 3 gray pens but instead I got gray, blue, and red)

Moleskine planner (I will definitely need some skrip or quink for this one)

Rhodia No.18 pad

The List:

Jinhao 126

Jinhao 250

Jinhao x450

6 pen display

Reform 1745

Hero 338

Don't mind me, I like to ramble... A LOT

I just got my Pininfarina back, this afternoon. It had been gone for about 3 mos.

Ill post a few pics tomorrow. There was something wrong with the retracting

Mechanism.

This week I received 2x parker 51 both in Teal Blue (one is a demi) and a Sheaffer Imperial 444 (nos).

Right now I'm waiting for:

- Lamy 2000 EF

- Pilot Metropolitan F

- Platinum 3776 Bourgogne Red SF

- 2x Parker 51 aerometric

- Parker Challenger stub by Greg Minuskin

- Montblanc Blue Hour ink

- Montblanc Corn Poppy Red ink

- Iroshizuku Yu-Yake ink

- 2x Rhodia Webnotebooks

Cross Century II, herringbone pattern, medium steel nib. Mr Pen has had these on special for a while for £30 GBP & I've been considering getting one. Just found is at Pen Heaven for £20 GBP with free (UK) shipping & couldn't say no at that price!

I've got a bit of a soft spot for Century IIs - my first "proper" pen was the sterling silver one and this will be the fifth in my collection (blue jasper w/ steel nib, sterling silver w/ gold nib, 10k rolled gold w/gold nib and 14k rolled gold w/gold nib).

Not sure about the white pearl finish - there's loads going on FleaBay ATM so maybe I'll get a deal there...

Chris

No new pens, but three Esterbrook Dip-Less inkwells. I will pick up the appropriate pens at the Ohio Pen Show next month. :)

"Well, believe me, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway."

--Crow T. Robot, Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

My Flickr, if you're interested

Waiting on 2 Bexley Continentals NOS.

David

For so long as one hundred men remain alive,we shall never under any conditions submit to the

domination of the English. It is not for glory or riches or honours that we fight, but only for liberty, which

no good man will consent to lose but with his life.

I have a 'thing' for these little guys. Cheap and cheerful and just fun to have around. These two are on their way to me.......

Verba volant, scripta manent

I'm waiting on a few Chinese pens (and a 1.1 nib from FPR).

First, a Jinhao X450 in white (I am not sure if I will use this as a Zebra G flex frankenpen, or just throw a 1.1 stub onto it, but it will not stay in its original state).

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51-JwvVu8-L._SX425_.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/517SZm-ndSL._SX425_.jpg

Next, I have a really cool looking unknown manufacturer acrylic in grey and white. There are a few other folks on here who have this pen in other colors, and have given it excellent marks, so I am really looking forward to getting it.

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/hPYAAOSwrklU-9Mj/s-l500.jpg

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/5msAAOSwEeFU-9Ml/s-l500.jpg

Finally, a Fuguilong 895 in purple

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/Y0AAAOSwZjJU-8Xe/s-l1600.jpg

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/LxYAAOSwe-FU-8Xg/s-l1600.jpg

Edited by jabberwock11

I have a 'thing' for these little guys. Cheap and cheerful and just fun to have around. These two are on their way to me.......

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

WOW... those are nice colors.. where do you get them?

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

WOW... those are nice colors.. where do you get them?

C.

The purple one is from Cult Pens. I think it's exclusive to them but I might be wrong. They just got a few more in stock. On sale for £19.99 incl VAT.

The other is called Cognac and I got it from Seitz-Kreutznach. Around £17, incl tax.

I think these little pens are great value. I don't feel guilty for collecting a few :-)

Verba volant, scripta manent

I' m waiting for the return of my blue and green Sheaffer Snorkel (with M and F bicolor gold Triumph nib). They were in need of new sacs after 15+ years of not being used.

Further, I am awaiting a silver S.T. Dupont Classique, in addition to my Lacque de Chine black S.T. Dupont with B nib.

I am in the process of buying a Waterman Edson in blue.

I know the red and green are more in demand, but I just happen to like the blue one more...

I couldn't resist the Twilight Vanishing point LE. I wanted not to get it--didn't have one good reason to get it, have just got two absolutely lovely new pens (including a shiro-tamenuri decapod for which I traded in a practically new Aurora Optima).

Finally though irrationality prevailed and I ordered the pen. No more pens until July 2016.I'm on a hiatus.

I couldn't resist the Twilight Vanishing point LE. I wanted not to get it--didn't have one good reason to get it, have just got two absolutely lovely new pens (including a shiro-tamenuri decapod for which I traded in a practically new Aurora Optima).

I have a new shiro Decapod as well, with a perfect 0.6 mm stub. Which nib did you get?

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.