What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2015

RMN

Seems my Ahab might have gotten lost in the mail. Been over 24 hours since the origin scan and no tracking updates and its supposed to be delivered tomorrow (Friday). Useless parcel carriers.

Don't mind me, I like to ramble... A LOT

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TeaHive

• Feathers

• RMN

• Thier.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just ordered an LE Safari Neon Lime with a 1.1mm stub

This just arrived. Man! They aren't kidding with 'neon'

It won't be easy to lose.

"Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes."

I have a couple of pens due to arrive very soon. One is, well, another Noodler's Konrad, I love this pen, because it is the most comfortable pen for my hand that I have found so far. The one that has me excited though is an Edison Nouveau Premiere in the Summer 2015 color - Fireball Red!

Pat (SCTechSorceress)

Just got my Ahab. It's really nifty, have yet to get started tinkering with it. But one fun thing I learned is that it came with an extra non flex nib as a bonus.

Yesterday I ordered two brothers for my Faber-Castell Ambition; an E-motion B Dark Brown Pearwood and an Ondoro M Smoked Oak. She looked a bit lonely and out of place among the other plastic, rubber, and metal pens, so I decided to extend her family.

"We are one."

– G'Kar, The Declaration of Principles

http://i.imgur.com/DyzrJxN.jpg

Ohhh baby I can't wait till this one comes in. It will be my first sailor. Having been in the navy, I should have one right?

Ohhh baby I can't wait till this one comes in. It will be my first sailor. Having been in the navy, I should have one right?

I must commend you on this pen as it is my grail pen. :puddle: Can I ask what nib size you selected?

I just ordered a Pilot Custom 74 clear demonstrator to add to my very modest collection (Platinum Preppy & Pilot Metropolitan). It has only been a month but I can already tell this will be a horrible (for my wallet) and wonderful (for my enjoyment) hobby.

Nothing fancy, but Monteverde stub from Massdrop is out for delivery. Hopefully the mail will arrive before I head out this afternoon!

Waiting on:

- Visconti Pininfarina Nanotech for repair

- Sailor KOP King Eagle (October)

- Pilot VP Minamo Water Surface Raden

- Namiki Yukari Royale in Black Urushi

- Some cheaper pens and inks from GouletPens

- M1000

- Lamy 2000 (nib swap)

I'm now waiting on a Sheaffer VFM to add to my collection of pens I don't have to worry about taking to classes with me.

This morning, I was waiting for and now I have received what should be my last ( I know that "last" is a word no lucid FPNer should use) fountain until I find my grail pen that should be certainly a Nakaya : a modest Fuliwen carbon fiber 55g, which has nothing in common in my view with 4 dollars chinese FPS (I hope so at least!)!

It's heavy, 55g, it's medium and the flow is nice, and the quality seems to be largely above average .

I'll give a more valuable opinion within a few weeks!

This morning, I was waiting for and now I have received what should be my last ( I know that "last" is a word no lucid FPNer should use) fountain until I find my grail pen that should be certainly a Nakaya : a modest Fuliwen carbon fiber 55g, which has nothing in common in my view with 4 dollars chinese FPS (I hope so at least!)!

It's heavy, 55g, it's medium and the flow is nice, and the quality seems to be largely above average .

I'll give a more valuable opinion within a few weeks!

Carbon fiber and 55 grams????????

There must be something there besides the carbon fiber...

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

I ordered an Edison Collier Black Rose limited edition from La Couronne du Comte which is on its way. I can't wait for it to arrive and find out what number it is and see if it looks as gorgeous as it does in the pictures.

I am currently on fountain pen probation via the wife. :(

Fountain pens forever and forever a hundred years fountain pens, all day long forever, forever a hundred times, over and over Fountain Pen Network Adventures dot com!

- Joe

I am currently on fountain pen probation via the wife. :(

Oof!! - so what pen are you secretly waiting for? 😜

Oof!! - so what pen are you secretly waiting for?

A custom order Edison Beaumont, lol. How did you know?!

Fountain pens forever and forever a hundred years fountain pens, all day long forever, forever a hundred times, over and over Fountain Pen Network Adventures dot com!

- Joe

A custom order Edison Beaumont, lol. How did you know?!

Takes one to know one, brother.

Me and the wife have a don't ask, don't tell policy. When that fails, I tell her everything costs $30. She knows it's BS but she realizes it's a disease and I can't help it.

I buy her something nice when I make the big purchases. Seems to throw her off the scent.

Waiting on:

Pelikan M1000 (XF) for repair

Omas 360 (F) 2003 model, midnight blue and rhodium trim - bought off of ebay

Pilot Custom 823 (M) and Sailor 1911 Realo (NMF) are in the shop (had different nibs but decided they weren't for me, so went with the medium and naginata togi instead)

Waterman Carene (F) for Stub nib swap.

Almost all my great fountain pens are in the aether now. It's horrifying. If I didn't have my Omas 360 Vintage (2013) to stroke and coo over obsessively, I would be completely mad. It's been a great month and a terrible month for me, I just hope that they all get back well and soon.