What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2015

RMN

Stunning Nakaya!!! I think I left my jaw somewhere between my feet. A nice tea tray too!

Thank you very much. My jaw is still down there too :) It truly is a work of art :)

Oh my.. This is the main reason i stop buying new pen now.. It outshine other pens and calling my name :D

Hahaha, I completely understand what you mean. It's calling youuuuuu ;) :D

Runnin' low on June bugs around here. Them ducks is crazy!

LOL! Quack! ;)

Please grace us with a writing sample! :D

I will as soon as I get a moment to take some nice photos :)

More than a pen, a writing jewel .....

I agree, it's such a pleasure to hold and to behold :)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TeaHive

• Feathers

• RMN

• Thier.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My Hakumin/Edison Pearl in black-gold-clear Karanuri finish that the LE was done in a few years back just shipped today! Scheduled to be here on Thursday. Ever since I first saw a picture of that pen, I fell in love with it. I finally got around to ordering it last September. 11 months later, it's finally about to be here!

http://www.hakuminurushi.com/lacquerware/shibourushitsugarunuri/pieces/edisonpearlproj/2.jpg

http://www.hakuminurushi.com/lacquerware/shibourushitsugarunuri/pieces/edisonpearlproj/3.jpg

Wow, very cool finish!!! It's a beauty!!! ETA, well worth the wait!! I hope it brings you much joy :)

Edited by Feathers

A Platinum Cool and Pilot Metropolitan. I figure I should build my collection with affordable but nice pens first :D

Great choices, both of them. I love my Metropolitan :)

I just got 3 pens:

Lamy 2000

Custom 823

Caran d'ache Varius Chinese Black Lacquer Rhodium trim

I really regret spending $6000 on 2 Limited edition pens when I could've gotten so much more..

Waiting for Sailor KOP King Eagle and a 1911 Naginata Togi.

Lovely pens! Looking forward to seeing pics of the Sailors. That is quite the nib on the King Eagle! I hope that once they arrive, the buyer's remorse disappears, and that you end up loving them for years to come :)

Finally ordered a Lamy 2000 (EF) today :happy:

Awesome!!

And I have no idea. I was poking around on a local auction site and found a lot of 5 pens going for very cheap. From the looks of them they are:

• Parker 51 (or possibly a 21. I had one of each on my desk in front of me and it looked a little closer to the 51)
  • Some or other Triumph-nibbed Schaeffer
  • Parker 45
  • Mont Blanc 22
  • Something which I couldn't recognise

This is quite a haul, assuming they are functional or can be repaired without excessive cost or difficulty.

This morning I called the seller to arrange shipping and she said that she had a 6th pen that she would chuck in at no extra cost. So I have what may be quite a haul coming in (or a mission in trying to salvage and sell usable parts) and a surprise.

They arrived this afternoon.

The 6th pen was some or other cheap-looking dip pen.

The other 5 were more than I expected:

• The 51 was a 1946 vacumatic.
  • The Schaeffer is the one mentioned in this thread. I've been trying to identify it but struggling a bit.
  • The 45 is an olive green 45, as expected.
  • The Montblanc 22 I got wrong, looking at the hood on the nib. It's a SchulKaweco V6
  • The one I didn't recognise is a Montblanc Noblesse with a bold oblique nib.

And the best of all. All of the pens are in working, writing condition although the Kaweco's nib is very scratchy.

Stunner!

Ernest truly does some amazing work!

Really nice looking pen, no way I've the patience to wait that long though. I count a week as too long to wait!

I'm impatient too but I almost exclusively buy custom/handmade pens so I'm getting used to these waits. This wait was pretty long though ...

Wow, very cool finish!!! It's a beauty!!! ETA, well worth the wait!! I hope it brings you much joy :)

Thank you! Your Milky Way Nakaya is gorgeous. I've looked longingly at that pen for months.

Just put in an order for an OMAS Ogiva Cocktail Bloody Mary with F extra flessibile nib with Susan at Dymocks Sydney CBD.

A black B TWSBI Eco. Along with it are bottles of Aurora Black, Pelikan Black, R&K Salix and J. Herbin Lie de Thé, Poussiere de Lune, Terre de Feu and Lierre Sauvage.

Oh, and my second and third Reform 1745s.

Edited by Venator

A Bexley, 2 Pelikans, 3 Watermans, and 1 Aurora. I think I'm done for the year. Oh, almost forgot the Lamy.

Edited by Penfection

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

They arrived this afternoon.

The 6th pen was some or other cheap-looking dip pen.

The other 5 were more than I expected:

• The 51 was a 1946 vacumatic.
  • The Schaeffer is the one mentioned in this thread. I've been trying to identify it but struggling a bit.
  • The 45 is an olive green 45, as expected.
  • The Montblanc 22 I got wrong, looking at the hood on the nib. It's a SchulKaweco V6
  • The one I didn't recognise is a Montblanc Noblesse with a bold oblique nib.

And the best of all. All of the pens are in working, writing condition although the Kaweco's nib is very scratchy.

Awww yay, that's great news!! Good for you! :)

Ernest truly does some amazing work!

I'm impatient too but I almost exclusively buy custom/handmade pens so I'm getting used to these waits. This wait was pretty long though ...

Thank you! Your Milky Way Nakaya is gorgeous. I've looked longingly at that pen for months.

Aww, thanks so much! These pens are truly works of art, and well worth the wait. I ordered mine last December, but you really had a long wait!! Wow! :)

Just put in an order for an OMAS Ogiva Cocktail Bloody Mary with F extra flessibile nib with Susan at Dymocks Sydney CBD.

That colour looks so lovely!

Got my first Sailor coming in the mail. A 1911 large with MF naginata togi nib. Can't wait to see how it compares with my Pilot and Pelikan nibs. :)

My Platinum 3776 Century with a C nib arrived! Man.. they weren't kidding about being double broad, it's even bigger than my Kaweco BB. Along with being a wide nib, it's also very wet, so it was like writing with a Sharpie marker!!

I'm in the process of converting it to a cursive italic. There's a LOT of tipping material to reshape on this one. :D

Edited by TeaHive

Got my first Sailor coming in the mail. A 1911 large with MF naginata togi nib. Can't wait to see how it compares with my Pilot and Pelikan nibs. :)

You are going to love it. Get some Sailor inks to enjoy with it.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

There's nothing quite like a Naginata Togi nib. They've become my favorite nibs. Enjoy!

Me, I'm awaiting the delivery of a Pilot CH 91 with a FM nib, my favorite Pilot nib along with the WA.

Waiting for a Pilot Prera, black demonstrator (M nib) & Pilot Petit1, Green apple (F nib) + 2 bottles of ink : Sailor Kiwa-Guro and R&K Alt Bordeaux :)

My Platinum 3776 Century with a C nib arrived! Man.. they weren't kidding about being double broad, it's even bigger than my Kaweco BB. Along with being a wide nib, it's also very wet, so it was like writing with a Sharpie marker!!

I'm in the process of converting it to a cursive italic. There's a LOT of tipping material to reshape on this one. :D

oh wow, THAT'S broad :D Good to know haha ;) Very cool! Are you doing the grind yourself?

oh wow, THAT'S broad :D Good to know haha ;) Very cool! Are you doing the grind yourself?

Yep! I finished the grinding today, but I need to try a different ink.. The J. Herbin Vert Reseda I'm using is very wet, and not great for seeing the line variation. >_> Gonna try some Diamine something-or-other tomorrow.

As for what I'm waiting for.. I found a Sailor Sapporo Lame Yellow in EF on eBay, the only Sailor I've really been drawn to, ordered it the 8th, and it should have arrived here by today. The listing stated that it was from a town also in my state. However, tracking shows only that a shipping label was printed... in New York.... not that it has even shipped yet.

Getting more than a little miffed. I'm going to HOPE that, perhaps, USPS isn't updating it's progress across the states at best. At worst, I'm going to get a refund and the seller is going to get their first negative feedback if it doesn't show up or I don't get any answers soon. -_-

Yep! I finished the grinding today, but I need to try a different ink.. The J. Herbin Vert Reseda I'm using is very wet, and not great for seeing the line variation. >_> Gonna try some Diamine something-or-other tomorrow.

As for what I'm waiting for.. I found a Sailor Sapporo Lame Yellow in EF on eBay, the only Sailor I've really been drawn to, ordered it the 8th, and it should have arrived here by today. The listing stated that it was from a town also in my state. However, tracking shows only that a shipping label was printed... in New York.... not that it has even shipped yet.

Getting more than a little miffed. I'm going to HOPE that, perhaps, USPS isn't updating it's progress across the states at best. At worst, I'm going to get a refund and the seller is going to get their first negative feedback if it doesn't show up or I don't get any answers soon. -_-

Ah! I love my Sailor Sapporo Lamé in yellow (M). Not my most expensive fountain pen, but it's the first that I pined for--the pen that dragged me down the "rabbit hole". It's still my favorite and it is beautiful.

Me thinks I know the seller you speak of. I was originally going to purchase my Sapporo from them, but there was some poor, brisk communication, if I recall correctly, so I decided not to move forward with the purchase. Hopefully, I'm mistaken about the seller, everything is fine and you'll be getting your pen soon!

For $50 more, I ended up purchasing mine from a seller that always seems to have those out of production fountain pens I'm looking for: castle98. He's in Singapore--you won't find amazing deals nor steep discounts in his eBay store, but my fountain pens always arrive in 3 business days (he mails out pens immediately), his communication is quick and friendly and he can usually find that pen you've been searching for for months (even if not listed). I've heard from other members, too, that he's flexible with purchases and will hold items, or set a payment plan for a pen if requested.

Good luck!

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life