• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TeaHive

• Feathers

• RMN

• gweimer1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A TWSBI Diamond 580AL in medium. It'll be my first demonstrator. I've never really been a fan of the style, but something about that pen caught my eye. Maybe the piston filling system. Whatever the reason, tastes can change! :)

"Oh deer."

Waiting on an Osmiroid pen and six nibs (bought for the nibs to put in Esterbrooks and my future Scriptorium custom pen, oo!), and a new section for my Desiderata pen. The Desiderata came in the other day, but I got a dud section. Pierre is such an awesome pen turner/businessman, he got back to me right away when I showed him pictures of the gap issues I was having with the nib and feed, told me it was the section, and is sending a new one out right away.

Never mind! It just arrived! :D

LOL, that was quick!

Grace and Peace are already yours because God is the Creator of all of life and Jesus Christ the Redeemer of each and every life.

Not strictly a 2015 acquisition, but I just got notification about a replacement Parker Vector. I had gotten one last summer on Ebay with a really unusual nib. Only it had some non-Parker slide converter installed which was *not* working right. :angry: When I was at DCSS, John at Susan Wirth's table got me a replacement converter and did a little nib smoothing; but then the pen leaked. Long story short, they got me a replacement pen (hopefully with a similar nib) and it's now apparently en route! :bunny01:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

As promised, photos of the new, wonderful pens. The pictures are not so great, as it's a fairly dreary day. So no natural light to make everything look as stunning as it does to the naked eye.

My Parker 51 arrived January 2nd, but it took until yesterday to get the shell off so I could switch out parts. But here it is in its pearly green/grey, mostly transparent glory! It's a wet medium nib, quite firm. Overall, I like the sturdiness of this pen. It's meant for straight writing, unlike all my usual flex pens, which are for art and calligraphy. I used to not be too impressed by the general appearance of the 51 (and other hooded nib pens), but I not only like this one, I love it. :)

And my current FAVORITE pen, the Desiderata Mercury in Cherry and Koa woods. Thin hairlines, and enormous, 4mm wide swells from one nib? What more could one ask for? Except for collection and aesthetic reasons, I can give up the search for vintage flex. (Who am I kidding? I'll still buy vintage. But this is going to be one heavily used pen.)

Pilot Custom Heritage 92 which is arriving in 2-3 weeks and a Lamy 2000 with a medium nib arriving tomorrow!

This, but I would dearly love to get my hands on another Mabie Todd at some stage.

fpn_1420675611__aurora.jpg

Cryptos:

Do tell me a little about the Aurora; from, honestly, the very little I have read about modern pens, Aurora seems to have an excellent reputation.

And of course with Mabie Todd, you have a better than even chance of getting something nice!

Cob

fpn_1428963683__6s.jpg “The pen of the British Empire” fpn_1423349537__swan_sign_is.jpg

TeaHive, I'm still mad that you got to the Cherry-Koa before I did ;) But I'm glad it found its way to someone who will love it--and can obviously get amazing calligraphy out of it.

Also it wasn't until the 3rd picture that I noticed the P51 is translucent--so cool! Great purchases!

Girl Sam

(It used to be Sammi with a heart drawn over the I, but I stopped because absolutely everyone was doing it)

Oh, it will be loved and used and cherished. You can rest assured of that. I took a trip to the Desiderata page last night, and Pierre now has ebonite pens. Ebonite is growing on me.. I used to hate the look of it, but I read such great things about the tactility of the material. One day, I'll have to see what all the fuss is about.

I didn't realize the P51 parts were going to be transparent when I bought them, but the pen came out looking pretty darn awesome! After this, I will never try to take apart another Aero P51. It wrecked my hands! Only refurbished aerometrics for me from now on if I get another. Vacumatics on the other hand, I'll be happy to tinker with at some point.

As for what's in the mail... NOTHING! Gasp! All the pens and parts and inks I've ordered have all arrived, and I won't be ordering for awhile. Too cold to purchase inks right now, and nothing's caught my eye penwise, other than Scriptorium and Nakaya, which must be saved for for QUITE some time. :P

I really have a sickness, I bought yet another pen!!!

Just got this from Bryant over at Chatterley Luxuries, thanks Bryant!

Conway Stewart Brittania, with a Medium Italic Nib.

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Gorgeous pen, but way out of my league. :))) I can't imagine you not loving it.

Edited by siovale

I'm contemplating doing the OCD thing and buying all of the Lamy nibs I don't currently own for my 2 Safaris.... so I can do ink reviews. Gods help me. (They're on sale at Goulet right now....)

Edited by Miz Black Crow

Girl Sam

(It used to be Sammi with a heart drawn over the I, but I stopped because absolutely everyone was doing it)

Jinhao x450 frost black, jinhao x450 blue twist, jinhao x450 red marble. Along with them is my sister's platinum Plaisir (or however you spell it) an x450 (black) for a friend, a bottle of diamine hope link for my sister, a bottle of diamine oxblood and a bottle if diamine presidential blue.

I´m waiting for this beauty from Scriptorium pens:

http://i.imgur.com/BrG8NDX.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Li9BXrH.jpg

The pen turned out even better than i had hoped, really excited about it :D

Also waiting for a 20 pen case from Franklin-Christoph and one of those neck loop pen slot thingies they sell.

Also waiting for a 20 pen case from Franklin-Christoph and one of those neck loop pen slot thingies they sell.

:puddle:

Grace and Peace are already yours because God is the Creator of all of life and Jesus Christ the Redeemer of each and every life.

A Pilot 78g for me.

But I absolutely love the the Desiderata Mercury that you posted. I just hopped on their website - I'm going to add that to my "must acquire" list.

Sssswwwweeeetttttt!!!!

Not a pen, but a pair of nibs for pens I already own: A Knox K35 1.9mm calli, and a Nemosine 0.8mm stub. The Knox goes into my yellow Ahab, for black ink, and the 0.8mm into my Jade Ahab, for Diamine Sherwood. And a 25ml bottle of Chesterfield Archival Vault ink; it's an IG blue-black made by Diamine, that I want to try in one of the Indian Noodler's eyedroppers that came with my 4.5oz bottle of Borealis Black.

I'm also going to see if I can talk my wife into sewing up another pen wrap for me.