What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2015

RMN

A Pilot 74 with a soft fine nib, coming from Japan and thankfully they usually arrive fairly quickly to Australia.

Can't wait.

Greg

"may our fingers remain ink stained"

Handwriting - one of life's pure pleasures

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TeaHive

• Feathers

• RMN

• Thier.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another black Estie... and finally with a flex nib!

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/random-ness/images/6/64/Kermit_yay_icon.gif

"Well, believe me, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway."

--Crow T. Robot, Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

My Flickr, if you're interested

After seeing a picture of David Isaacson's insane collection of ebonized pearl Sheaffer Balance variations I couldn't resist searching for a nice specimen of my own. I have an Aspen Balance II, but this is my first vintage Sheaffer. I won it at a great price if it's in the kind of shape expected! (Reputable pen seller, so I'm not too worried, just giddy.)

I have a Franklin-Christoph Model 02 Intrinsic in Smoke and Ice with a Masuyama Medium Stub that was just delivered earlier this morning. My evening is booked.

Lamy 2000. Steel. Medium nib. I have the Makrolon and it's an awesome pen but I think it has been lonely without a friend.

I will have it tomorrow. I'm excited. Now I can put next to the Makrolonu

An Aurora Ipsilon with medium gold nib and a Lamy Safari with fine nib.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

NNGH! My Estie with the 9128 got sent to the wrong post office and had to be re-sorted to get to me!

"Well, believe me, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway."

An Edison Menlo in Ocean Flecked with a medium ink window! Sadly, I have to wait until September! So technically it's not in the mail just yet...

A Pilot Metropolitan to replace a Pilot Varsity. Nothing exciting, I know, but it is an upgrade.

The last time I ordered a pen from the Netherlands it spent an inordinate amount of time in customs. This time, the package sped right through, so I have a Pelikan M805 Stresemann that is out for delivery. I can't recommend La Couronne du Comte enough -- excellent customer service, quick shipping and great prices.

Also, Renee Meeks at Scriptorium just put this Baskerville in the mail for me. This pen still stuns me when I see it. I can't wait for it to arrive.

post-677-0-05366700-1438102282.jpg

A Pilot Metropolitan to replace a Pilot Varsity. Nothing exciting, I know, but it is an upgrade.

I recently bought one to see what it was all about and I was shocked....

Shocked that such a good pen could be had for that price.

I have the European version with standard international cartridge.

So no reason to apologize!!! Good choice.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

It's here! This is the pre-restoration shot -- the body's in really clean condition, though the nib is well-coated with dried ink and the ink sac can best be described as 'crispy'. The former is now soaking, and the latter has been removed.

19909086979_3a2c79b5c7_b.jpg

Oh, I have the 1.5mm Parallel and it's a great pen! Really smooth writer.

Also, Renee Meeks at Scriptorium just put this Baskerville in the mail for me. This pen still stuns me when I see it. I can't wait for it to arrive.

That pen is GORGEOUS!

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

post-88993-0-66766500-1438137631_thumb.jpg

On an impulse, while I was getting "stuff" from Ron Zorn's Main Street Pens, I got my first Esterbrook pen. It's a green SJ with a 9450 nib. This nib is something else! It writes smooth and extra fine on the front, and it writes smooth and ultra fine on the back. You get a whole lot of pen for the money with Ron – when he says "restored" it means the thing works like it's brand new – maybe better than new. I would have thought an extra fine would be scratchy, but the 9450 here is as good as any Japanese nib I've come across.

Amberlea – I'm having fun with FPN Dumas Tulipe Noir in the Estie SJ.

Hey Ron – I used to play golf with a fellow from your town. Real nice guy. Kind of a big shot around here. :-)

Qui tam pro domino rege quam pro se ipso in hac parte sequitur.

I have just ordered from Germany a Lamy 2K EF in stainless steel , because I have a preference for heavier fountain pens; but my 2K black in Makrolon , also in EF, is really a pleasure to use!

Visconti Monaco Royal Wedding L.E. with stub nib.

David

For so long as one hundred men remain alive,we shall never under any conditions submit to the

domination of the English. It is not for glory or riches or honours that we fight, but only for liberty, which

no good man will consent to lose but with his life.