What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2015

RMN

Esterbrook Dollar with a #2556 fine firm nib. My first vintage pen.

Beware, Esties breed. ;) Congrats on your first vintage and on a great choice. What color did you get?

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TeaHive

• Feathers

• RMN

• Thier.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Waiting on a pre-ordered Pelikan M205 Amethyst Demo with EF nib. I'll be waiting a bit since these aren't released until September.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Beware, Esties breed. ;) Congrats on your first vintage and on a great choice. What color did you get?

I bought black. I missed the chance to get my first choice, which was a green Esterbrook J like the one (I am informed and believe and thereon allege) Tippi Hedren's character, Melanie Daniels, uses to make out and sign the birthday card to Cathy Brenner in The Birds (1963). I dithered overnight and somebody else bought it. But my black Esterbrook Dollar arrived yesterday and it writes like a charm.

I love the smell of fountain pen ink in the morning.

Parker Duofold special edition orange pen/pencil set, it just shipped today, Monday.

I have been corresponding with Iguanasell as to the price and availability of the Pelikan 800 burnt orange, and should have one coming in October when they are released.

Edited by jkingrph

Regards

Jeff

I bought black. I missed the chance to get my first choice, which was a green Esterbrook J like the one (I am informed and believe and thereon allege) Tippi Hedren's character, Melanie Daniels, uses to make out and sign the birthday card to Cathy Brenner in The Birds (1963). I dithered overnight and somebody else bought it. But my black Esterbrook Dollar arrived yesterday and it writes like a charm.

It is, indeed, a lovely green Estie J that Tippi Hedren is using in The Birds. Fear not, for there are many green Js out there and I'm sure one has your name on it!

Lamy 2000. Steel. Medium nib. I have the Makrolon and it's an awesome pen but I think it has been lonely without a friend.

I wasn't going to buy any pens for the rest of the year but...

Couldn't pass this one up. A Montegrappa Nerouno Linea (one of my grail pens) for an incredible price!

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTA1OVgxNjAw/z/dNQAAOSwyQtVqBCu/$_57.JPG?rt=nc

Edited by Cordovian

I just received an ebonite Ranga dip pen from India, which is quite nice.

Now awaiting a black Esterbrook J with a 9048 nib, a red Esterbrook J with a 7668 nib, and a Pelikan M200 Café Crème EF.

So much for three or four months allowance.

I succumbed to the lure of the $99 Pilot VP on Amazon. Blue with gold furniture, B nib.

I wasn't going to buy any pens for the rest of the year but...

Couldn't pass this one up. A Montegrappa Nerouno Linea (one of my grail pens) for an incredible price!

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTA1OVgxNjAw/z/dNQAAOSwyQtVqBCu/$_57.JPG?rt=nc

Good choice.

It is a surprisingly smooth pen

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Pelikan M805 Demonstrator with engraving, F nib.

For some reason, demos really have me hooked lately; add the engraving, and...well...it's just nerdy enough to make my heart sing.

(Sorry if the "nerdy" comment offends any fellow M805 engraved buyers---it's a term of endearment around here.)

Why are there fourteen samples of dark plum ink on my desk? Because I still haven't found the right shade.

Is that a problem...??? : : : sigh : : :

Update: Great. Finally found one I love (Lamy Dark Lilac) but I can't get more. Ah, life in my inky world....

Lamy 2000, Makrolon, EF, from Goulet. The Amazon price was oh so tempting, but I wanted someone to check the nib, because it's my first >$100 pen, and I'm paranoid. ;)

--Carmen

... NONE!! My last couple pens made it from China, and I'm done ordering pens for a time. (Notice how I say the most general time limit, there.. "a time." Lol.) But for the most part, I've already got just about all the pens I've been wanting, except a couple of the older limited edition Lamy pens, but I figure I'll just pick them up whenever I catch a good deal. Only really looking forward to getting a Kaweco Brass Sport, but I need to sell of some other pens from my collection that have been gathering dust.

Ah.. no package anxiety. It's kind of nice, for once.

I've been saving up for a Nakaya, but couldn't resist this Montblanc 224 OBB with brushed gold cap:

http://i.imgur.com/CPOplE4.jpg

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I've been saving up for a Nakaya, but couldn't resist this Montblanc 224 OBB with brushed gold cap:

http://i.imgur.com/CPOplE4.jpg

I can see why you couldn't. Very simple and elegant.

I am still waiting for a black Al-Star and 2 Jinhaos x450 and x750 to arrive.

Nature is the one song of praise that never stops singing. - Richard Rohr

Poets don't draw. They unravel their handwriting and then tie it up again, but differently. - Jean Cocteau

Ο Θεός μ 'αγαπάς

Still waiting patiently for the following Pelikans to come in and closing off the pen purchases for this year. :rolleyes:

1. Pre '97 M800 Striated Green with a 14K nib
  2. M605 Striated Blue
  3. 400 Brown Tortoise

A Parker 75 silver chiseled combo. Of course, I already have a 75 but this one is a little bit different .....