• TeaHive

• Feathers

• RMN

• gweimer1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I was patiently awaiting delivery of one of these (broad):

post-115801-0-52409700-1420528522_thumb.jpg

But then I saw the Chatterley Luxuries sale...

So now I'm also awaiting one of these (medium):

post-115801-0-11492200-1420528534_thumb.jpg

...and one of these (fine):

post-115801-0-88834300-1420528563_thumb.jpg

I also succumbed to the Chatterley Luxuries sale and just ordered a Delta Chatterley Fusion 82, Celluloid Limited Edition, "Black Desert" pattern, Medium nib.

Fusion-82-Limited-Edition-Black-Desert-C

Edited by Snargle

Larry

Yet another Swan - I doubt I'll ever stop!

Cob

I am eagerly awaiting you staging a performance of Swan Lake.........

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Let's see...

Prosperity Pen

Jinhao 599 (PIF !)

Mystery pen (pretty yellow/orange plunger of some sort...why do I do this?)

Parker Duofold

Hero 616-2

I am eagerly awaiting you staging a performance of Swan Lake.........

D.ick

Ha ha yes, I am Mabie Todd man.

Expect "The Dance of the Little Swans" any time soon.

On a serious note, I am perfectly happy to concede that Mabie Todd, in its heyday, say 1920 - 1950 was not an especially innovative company: the Leverless was a fairly silly system and the Visofil V was OK but the VT is a nightmare. The turn-button pressure-bar pens work well but can be a pig to fix if they make up their mind to be like that. On the other hand, no-one but a lunatic would dare to gainsay Mabie Todd's reputation for the the highest quality and in nearly every case superb nibs. The designs in the late 20s - early 30s were of deathless elegance and many of the material patterns were absolutely gorgeous.

End of plug - except that I am disgusted that someone sells inferior-looking products today under the Mabie Todd name. Shame on him!

Cob

Cob

fpn_1428963683__6s.jpg “The pen of the British Empire” fpn_1423349537__swan_sign_is.jpg

And another! I had to have this one, manufactured in the USA by Byers & Hayes, partly because I like the look of it and also because I have another B&H pen (looks like a NY Mabie Todd actually) also stamped Gargoyle Marine Oils. I am silly enough to find this irresistable.

If the nib turns out to be a nail like the Hayes Co nib in the other one, then it will be getting (of course) a Swan nib!

post-117400-0-20210100-1420570362.jpg

Cob

Edited by Cob

fpn_1428963683__6s.jpg “The pen of the British Empire” fpn_1423349537__swan_sign_is.jpg

I also succumbed to the Chatterley Luxuries sale and just ordered a Delta Chatterley Fusion 82, Celluloid Limited Edition, "Black Desert" pattern, Medium nib.

I got one in "Flecked Carmel" with a stub nib.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

It continues to get better worse better...

Add to the foregoing stylos à plume, two Waterman's pens, a W5 and a 52...

Oh dear!

Cob

I got one in "Flecked Carmel" with a stub nib.

I was going back and forth between the Flecked Caramel and the Black Desert. I almost had to flip a coin to decide, but my wife liked the Black Desert better. :D

Larry

Well I lasted exactly seven days in the new year. Purchased a new matte black Parker Urban premium because it was a steal at $24 :) It shall go into the work beater rotation when received in the next few days.

Edited by Cee Elle

Short cuts make delays, but inns make longer ones.
Frodo Baggins, The Fellowship of the Ring, A Short Cut to Mushrooms

I was going back and forth between the Flecked Caramel and the Black Desert. I almost had to flip a coin to decide, but my wife liked the Black Desert better. :D

They are both beautiful finishes. What makes you think I let my wife know about any of this? :bunny01:

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I've found there is so little information on the pen around so I will definitely write a review on it when it comes.

Yes, please do. That is a very interesting looking pen.

Living 10 minutes away from Brian Gray at Edison Pens can be dangerous! I just love going to his shop and picking out the materials and Brian is amazing to work with. I have a custom Collier pump filler on order. It is not really going in the mail since I get to pick it up in person. :)

Edited by J_Rock

Just arrived:

Nakaya Portable Writer in Aka-tamenuri broad nib

Aurora 88 broad nib

post-118225-0-26216700-1420648631_thumb.jpg

post-118225-0-14591900-1420648637_thumb.jpg

Edited by perfaddict

I am eagerly waiting for 20 pens of different brands , that I have ordered recently ,to arrive including various Jinhao models , Kaigelu , Nemosine and Sheaffer triumph Imperials . Hopefully the pens would arrive in the next 10 to 15 days from US through https://www.magiclamp.pk

Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

And yet another Swan: a SM100/60....

Cob

Edited by Cob