What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2015

RMN

A Conklin Duragraph with the stub nib in the Cracked Ice color: http://www.gouletpens.com/conklin-duragraph-cracked-ice-fountain-pen/p/CK71310

I wanted an inexpensive, everyday kind of pen that I looked nice so that I could use it in meetings. Yes, I know, I have others, but . . . I've never had a Conklin and it looked nice. It should come today.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TeaHive

• Feathers

• RMN

• Thier.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A Conklin Duragraph with the stub nib in the Cracked Ice color: http://www.gouletpens.com/conklin-duragraph-cracked-ice-fountain-pen/p/CK71310

I wanted an inexpensive, everyday kind of pen that I looked nice so that I could use it in meetings. Yes, I know, I have others, but . . . I've never had a Conklin and it looked nice. It should come today.

Oh that looks really nice!! I like the pearl that makes an appearance as you turn the pen. Not flashy, just subtle. I hope you enjoy it. :)

I'm waiting for a bunch of samples from Goulet, and a couple of vintage Sheaffers from Greg Minuskin. I FINALLY got lucky and scored a couple of beauties :D :thumbup:

A Pelikan M400 White Tortoise. Woo hoo! It'll head directly to Art (ArtsNibs) upon arrival.

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

I'll be waiting for this to come this week, ordering from Bryant tomorrow (Monday). I've been looking at this beauty for about 3 months now, finally able to spring for it. Can't wait and will post pics when I receive it. Getting it in medium so we'll see how flexible the nib is.

--John--

post-123062-0-68068500-1435515032_thumb.jpg

Visconti: Millionaire LE, HS Lava Steel, Opera Club Honey Almond, Michelangelo Black/Rose

Aurora Optima 365 LE, Mar Adriatico LE

Omas Galileo '93, '15 Year of Light, F.A.O., Paragon Burlwood LE

Delta MOMO Design Rose LE

Mont Blanc Johannes Brahms, Georges Solti, 146 LeGrand Platinum, Model #32 (cracked), WE Leo Tolstoy, 146 Burgundy, Model 22, 149 Platinum, Marc Newson, WE Charles Dickens, Rouge et Noir Coral

Hooligan LE #6

TWSBI Diamond 580 X2 and Eco

I have Noodler's Ahabs in Honey and Pima Tortoise on the way, a Noodler's Konrad brush pen in Galapagos Tortoise, a green Esterbrook LJ/SJ cap, and I finally pulled the trigger on getting an all-black pen. Most people seem to get Lamy Safaris or the black Al-Star for this, but I went with a Kaweco Sport Black with the new black nib. :D A little more expensive but hey.. I like the Kaweco design, and it'll fit in my pocket much better than a Lamy. Squee! Now.. if only they had black clips for the Kaweco.. Until that happens, it'll be clipless.

Edited by TeaHive

I agree, the Kaweco sport has good design. The brass version... oh! But I think I'll have to wait a while before I order one.

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q794/china_line/FPN_signatur2_zps0fbd4f6c.jpg

A Pelikan M400 White Tortoise. Woo hoo! It'll head directly to Art (ArtsNibs) upon arrival.

So jealous!

I did just win a M200 on ebay this afternoon. The M200 is the one with the derby style top and the blue marbled barrel and cap - it has an OB nib. Never had an OB (or any oblique) nib before. They guy was selling two of them. The one I got, plus one with a Medium. Got it for a good price. About the same as I paid for my M150.

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/Runnin_Ute/Pelikan%20M200%20OB_zps6zaefyi0.jpg

Edited by Runnin_Ute

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Finally pulled the trigger on a fine flex Noodler's Creaper -- in red, which wouldn't be my first choice, but the price was right. I've been wanting to have a go at a flex nib for a while.

"Well, believe me, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway."

--Crow T. Robot, Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

My Flickr, if you're interested

So jealous!

I did just win a M200 on ebay this afternoon. The M200 is the one with the derby style top and the blue marbled barrel and cap - it has an OB nib. Never had an OB (or any oblique) nib before. They guy was selling two of them. The one I got, plus one with a Medium. Got it for a good price. About the same as I paid for my M150.

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/Runnin_Ute/Pelikan%20M200%20OB_zps6zaefyi0.jpg

That's a beauty! I loooove oblique nibs; I'm looking forward to hearing what you think once you try it.

Last night I pulled the trigger on a Pelikan M400 White Tortoise EF. This will be my *last* pen ... which is what I said 10 pens ago. But I couldn't resist. This one is so shiny and pretty. And I like this white color more than the pink "ladies" pen that is coming out later this year.

This would be my very first M400, and it is a step up for me after discovering the M205 last August (which reproduced, with alacrity, into 4 more shortly afterward).

Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized. -- Albert Einstein

Those darned Pelikans do breed, don't they? I was going to wait for the pink Pelikan - and WILL get one - but couldn't pass up the white tortoise.

So jealous!

Nice score!! :)

Finally pulled the trigger on a fine flex Noodler's Creaper -- in red, which wouldn't be my first choice, but the price was right. I've been wanting to have a go at a flex nib for a while.

It's a fun little pen :) I hope you enjoy it.

Last night I pulled the trigger on a Pelikan M400 White Tortoise EF. This will be my *last* pen ... which is what I said 10 pens ago. But I couldn't resist. This one is so shiny and pretty. And I like this white color more than the pink "ladies" pen that is coming out later this year.

This would be my very first M400, and it is a step up for me after discovering the M205 last August (which reproduced, with alacrity, into 4 more shortly afterward).

hahahahha 'this is the last pen'... I think we can all relate ;) Exciting!! I love my white tortoise so much, it really is a beauty :D

Those darned Pelikans do breed, don't they? I was going to wait for the pink Pelikan - and WILL get one - but couldn't pass up the white tortoise.

LOL I agree! I'm going to grab one of the pink ones too. Sigh, so many pens...so little money :D

Edited by Feathers

I'll be waiting for this to come this week, ordering from Bryant tomorrow (Monday). I've been looking at this beauty for about 3 months now, finally able to spring for it. Can't wait and will post pics when I receive it. Getting it in medium so we'll see how flexible the nib is.

--John--

Wow, that Pininfarina sure is a looker....

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

The deals that I have found on Ebay lately have been crazy!

Platinum 3776 Maki-e $220

Rotring 600 Lava $160

Stipula Etruria Rainbow LE $150

Namiki Falcon $60

Mabie Todd swan ringtop $30

Bought them all

Vintage: 1910´s Astra Safety Pen. 1920´s Mabie Todd Swan lever filler, Royal Red Hard Rubber, The Eric Pen Woodgrain Ebonite. 1930´s Morrison´s Overlay Filigree, Waterman´s Ideal Thorobred, Conklin Endura. 1940´s Eversharp Skyline, Parker Vacumatic, Aurora 88. 1950´s Conway Stewart 15, Esterbrook J. 1970´s Sheaffer Imperial. 1980´s Cross Century Classic. 1990´s Rotring Newton Lava.

Modern: Nakaya Neo Standard, Montblanc Meisterstuck 149, Pelikan Souverän M1000, Omas 360 Vintage, Sailor 1911 Black Luster, Pilot Capless Raden, Pilot Custom 823 FA, Platinum 3776 Maki-e, Namiki Falcon, Lamy 2000, Montegrappa Espressione Duetto, Delta Dolce Vita, Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronze, Stipula Etruria Rainbow, Marlen Aleph, Bexley Poseidon, Franklin-Christoph 02, Namisu Nexus Titanium, Tactile Turn Gist, Karas Kustoms Ink, Twsbi Vac 700, Levenger L-Tech, Filcao Atlantica, Kaweco AC Sport, Lamy Safari.

Custom: Scriptorium Pens Idyll, Jonathon Brooks Solar Dust, Newton Pens Eastman, Fisher of Pens Hydra, Romulus Pen Works Snakewood, John Brady Solano, Lyle Ross Pompey, Troy Clark Copper pen, Antiguas Estilográficas Ebonite, Ryan Krusac Legend L14, Aileron pens Tsunami, Edison Pens Collier Amber, Sutra Pens Aquila Octopi, Hooligan Pens Buffalo Celluloid, Yoshi Nakama Snake pen, Kilk Kalem Pandora´s Box, Hakumin Urushi Ao Tamenuri Pearl, Fosfor Pens Islander, Sutra Pen Aquila.

I was surprised with a winning bid this week-end.

I'm now waiting on 25 Esterbrooks, including what appears to be a rare military clip Deluxe.

And...a gorgeous Waterman Lady Patricia that I will be reviving with a new sac.

I was surprised with a winning bid this week-end.

I'm now waiting on 25 Esterbrooks, including what appears to be a rare military clip Deluxe.

And...a gorgeous Waterman Lady Patricia that I will be reviving with a new sac.

It sounds like you'll be busy!

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

I agree, the Kaweco sport has good design. The brass version... oh! But I think I'll have to wait a while before I order one.

I definitely have my sights set on a Brass Sport as well! I kind of regret buying a Brass Wave Liliput now.. of course, this was right before the Sport version came out. Doh!