What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2015

RMN

A Levenger True Writer Bouquet version I bought on eBay. It is a retired version which I've been looking for since the beginning of the year.

Posted Image

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TeaHive

• Feathers

• RMN

• Thier.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/OTAwWDE2MDA=/z/~-8AAOSwZd1Vd1Sr/$_14.JPG This unidentified Laban fountain pen. Does anyone have any insights about this pen? I got it fairly cheaply. I didn't have a green pen, and I liked the screw-on posting.

Edited by Tony the Tiger

CURRENT STABLE:

(2) Danitrio Tac Carry II / Xezo Architect / (2)(1920's era) Redipoint Flex / Libelle Vortex / Orange LE Pilot VP/ Mont Blanc Classique 144 / Dunhill Sidecar / Pilot 823 Clear Demonstrator / TWSBI 580 / Stipula Passaporto LE / Kaweco Sport WISH LIST:

MB Boheme / Platinum Hammered Sterling Silver / Pelikan M800 (clear demo) / Stipula Da Vinci / Visconti Opera Master / Delta Dolcevita Federico Oversize / Franklin-Cristoph 19 / Franklin-Christoph Model 25 w/ Masuyama nib

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/OTAwWDE2MDA=/z/~-8AAOSwZd1Vd1Sr/$_14.JPG This unidentified Laban fountain pen. Does anyone have any insights about this pen? I got it fairly cheaply. I didn't have a green pen, and I liked the screw-on posting.

Sorry, but that image is so small that it is not usable.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Sorry, but that image is so small that it is not usable.

D.ick

It's the only one I have at the moment, supplied by the seller. When it comes in, I'll take a pic myself and post it.

CURRENT STABLE:

(2) Danitrio Tac Carry II / Xezo Architect / (2)(1920's era) Redipoint Flex / Libelle Vortex / Orange LE Pilot VP/ Mont Blanc Classique 144 / Dunhill Sidecar / Pilot 823 Clear Demonstrator / TWSBI 580 / Stipula Passaporto LE / Kaweco Sport WISH LIST:

MB Boheme / Platinum Hammered Sterling Silver / Pelikan M800 (clear demo) / Stipula Da Vinci / Visconti Opera Master / Delta Dolcevita Federico Oversize / Franklin-Cristoph 19 / Franklin-Christoph Model 25 w/ Masuyama nib

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/OTAwWDE2MDA=/z/~-8AAOSwZd1Vd1Sr/$_57.JPG

CURRENT STABLE:

Schrade tactical fountain pen and roller ball combo,

So space and time are linked together. As we are looking across space, we are looking back in time. The further and further away those stars are the further back in time you are looking. Now you are seeing a star that is say six thousand years ago. Imagine somebody at that star looking at us They would be seeing us as we were six thousand years ago. Which of those two is now? - Alan Parsons Project The Time Machine - Temporalia (Paraphrased)

It's here :)

I know you've all seen them, but I couldn't resist posting a pic. The tortoiseshell looks even more stunning in real life. I adore the way it catches the light.

It's lovely and smooth right out of the box and feels great in the hand.

I'm very happy.

post-122498-0-98440000-1434566882_thumb.jpg

I know you've all seen them, but I couldn't resist posting a pic. The tortoiseshell looks even more stunning in real life. I adore the way it catches the light.

I'm very happy.

Mmmm! Beautiful! I love the tortoises! Enjoy!

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q794/china_line/FPN_signatur2_zps0fbd4f6c.jpg

Well, I am waiting for a Jinhao x750 Shimmering Sands, from Goulet, together with lovely ink samples and a full bottle of Diamine Imperial Purple. And I will most likely be waiting FOREVER, since the local grocery store where we go to pick up packages seems to have lost it.

I got a notification slip in the post that I could go pick it up, and I skipped there happily waving it, only to be told by a dead-eyed cashier that they didn't have it. The postal services, when I rang them, informed me that the package had left their care. So either it's been stolen (probably by that cashier) or it's just...lost. I know there's no great amount of money involved but I've been waiting for weeks, and I was so excited, and I was going to ink it using my brand new bottle of Stormy Grey. So upset now.

Edited by SwedishScribbler

I'm very happy.

Yayyy I'm so glad you are happy with it. It's such a beautiful pen :wub: What ink have you put in it? :)

Ha! Yes, choosing an ink has been a dilemma.

I usually start with Waterman blue-black, ever since I read Richard Binder's comments about priming a nib. However, I couldn't face it in such a beautiful pen.

Ideally I fancied Deep Orange (Cult Pens' Diamine range), but I don't want to risk any red-based colours, at least while the pen is so new, just in case of staining the inside of the barrel.

So, my first ink was Waterman Harmonious Green. Unfortunately, the pen didn't really like it. Somehow it felt 'heavy' nibbed, if that makes sense, and a bit too saturated.

So, on day 2, I'm already on the second colour - Lamy turquoise. This ink seems to behave beautifully in anything I put it in.

So far, so good. I'd post a writing sample, but my writing is hideous compared with the beautiful examples I see on here, so I'm too embarrassed!

Oh, I forgot to mention - the nib has a cute little squeak when I first start it up after a break. I'm not sure it is supposed to do this. Can you suggest a reason? Is it just an idiosyncrasy, or something that needs fixing?

Any advice would be gratefully received. :)

Edited by Bex66

A brown striated 1940s Sheaffer Balance 500, military clip, with a semi-flex XF Feather Touch nib, and a blue Indus piston filler with a flex nib from Fountain Pen Revolution.

Now let's see how they fare in the chubby fingers of the USPS.

Ha! Yes, choosing an ink has been a dilemma.

I usually start with Waterman blue-black, ever since I read Richard Binder's comments about priming a nib. However, I couldn't face it in such a beautiful pen.

Ideally I fancied Deep Orange (Cult Pens' Diamine range), but I don't want to risk any red-based colours, at least while the pen is so new, just in case of staining the inside of the barrel.

So, my first ink was Waterman Harmonious Green. Unfortunately, the pen didn't really like it. Somehow it felt 'heavy' nibbed, if that makes sense, and a bit too saturated.

So, on day 2, I'm already on the second colour - Lamy turquoise. This ink seems to behave beautifully in anything I put it in.

So far, so good. I'd post a writing sample, but my writing is hideous compared with the beautiful examples I see on here, so I'm too embarrassed!

Oh, I forgot to mention - the nib has a cute little squeak when I first start it up after a break. I'm not sure it is supposed to do this. Can you suggest a reason? Is it just an idiosyncrasy, or something that needs fixing?

Any advice would be gratefully received. :)

Very nice!! Mine loves the Iroshizuku Tsutsuji, which is in it a lot lately haha. The squeak? Hmm, well, to be honest, the first nib I had in my M600 had a terrible squeak, so I ended up taking it back and having the nib switched out. It didn't matter what paper I used, or what ink was in it, it squeaked a lot. Some folks dig the squeaking, some don't. Anyway, if you search 'squeaky nib' you'll find loads of info. I've picked a couple of threads for you:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/61083-squeak-squeak-what-causes-squeaky-nibs/

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/237810-nib-squeak/

Richardspens.com: see: Singing http://www.richardspens.com/

Currently waiting on an Esterbrook J 9788 (it looks gorgeous in the pics) and a Paul Wirt ringtop lever filler.

I'm very happy.

It is a very lovely pen. After hesitate for awhile, i finally gave up and bought one. Still waiting for it, maybe another 10 days.

And i should be banned from eBay, Martiniauctions, penboard... My bank will be happy this month, but not my wife. My waiting list is quite a number:

- A Pelikan M400 white tortoise, F.

- A Pelikan Pura P40, M (back from service)

- A Wancher Oshita Autumn Plum Nightangle Makie Lacquerware

- An unknown Pelikan, which i bough accidentally on eBay, suspect it is a M200.

- A Pelikan M200 solid red, M

- A Stipula Passaporto, blue demo, F

- A Lamy Al-star Orange Copper

- A Hero 3005

- A Lamy 2-pens pouch

- Several #5, #6 nibs

- Several international standard converters

It is a very lovely pen. After hesitate for awhile, i finally gave up and bought one. Still waiting for it, maybe another 10 days.

And i should be banned from eBay, Martiniauctions, penboard... My bank will be happy this month, but not my wife. My waiting list is quite a number:

- A Pelikan M400 white tortoise, F.

- A Pelikan Pura P40, M (back from service)

- A Wancher Oshita Autumn Plum Nightangle Makie Lacquerware

- An unknown Pelikan, which i bough accidentally on eBay, suspect it is a M200.

- A Pelikan M200 solid red, M

- A Stipula Passaporto, blue demo, F

- A Lamy Al-star Orange Copper

- A Hero 3005

- A Lamy 2-pens pouch

- Several #5, #6 nibs

- Several international standard converters

wow, that is quite the haul! You are keeping your postman very busy! :D

wow, that is quite the haul! You are keeping your postman very busy! :D

Actually they know me very well. Usually they try to deliver it to my personally, even outside of working hour because they know how i love my pens :D.