What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2015

RMN

I have a thing for clear pens, so I opted for that version, even if I did have to order it from a company in Japan. It too got here fairly quickly. Because the writing experience was not quite as smooth as I would have preferred, I have since sent it off to Pendleton Brown, for a conversion to one of his Butter Line Stubs. He is also going to fine-tune the nib for better flow. I hope you enjoy yours. I can't wait to get mine back.

Oh that sounds like it will be lovely when it returns! What nib size did you originally start out with before you sent it to Pendleton Brown?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TeaHive

• Feathers

• RMN

• gweimer1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh that sounds like it will be lovely when it returns! What nib size did you originally start out with before you sent it to Pendleton Brown?

It was a M nib, which was more than wide enough for me.

CURRENT STABLE:

(2) Danitrio Tac Carry II / Xezo Architect / (2)(1920's era) Redipoint Flex / Libelle Vortex / Orange LE Pilot VP/ Mont Blanc Classique 144 / Dunhill Sidecar / Pilot 823 Clear Demonstrator / TWSBI 580 / Stipula Passaporto LE / Kaweco Sport WISH LIST:

MB Boheme / Platinum Hammered Sterling Silver / Pelikan M800 (clear demo) / Stipula Da Vinci / Visconti Opera Master / Delta Dolcevita Federico Oversize / Franklin-Cristoph 19 / Franklin-Christoph Model 25 w/ Masuyama nib

I'm waiting for this Sheaffer desk pen. I "watched" it and forgot to bid, then it closed with no bids ($25). I was surprised because I think this marble is beautiful, but maybe others don't. Relisted, it got more bids and I had to pay a bit more, but by then I was on a mission to win it. Can anyone identify the model of this pen?

post-118450-0-68008500-1433859333_thumb.jpg

post-118450-0-22678800-1433859318_thumb.jpg

James

I'm waiting for this Sheaffer desk pen. I "watched" it and forgot to bid, then it closed with no bids ($25). I was surprised because I think this marble is beautiful, but maybe others don't. Relisted, it got more bids and I had to pay a bit more, but by then I was on a mission to win it. Can anyone identify the model of this pen?

attachicon.gifSheaffer marble desk pen.jpg

attachicon.gifSheaffer marble desk pen 2.jpg

I think the marble is beautiful too. What a lovely set! Congrats!

Waiting for a Visconti Van Gogh Maxi in Ocean Blue to arrive. I love the old Van Gogh's with the 14k bi-coloured nib. :wub: I still prefer the gold nibs over the new palladium ones. I wish they still made them.

Aww, how wonderful!! I recently jumped onto the Montblanc train myself, and it is very exciting! I hope you love your new pen :)

I received the pen this weekend and it writes like a dream! However, I still find myself a bit nervous every time I pick it up to use. Hopefully, that will disappear after some use.

That's an interesting cap and the colours are neat! I've never used an FC pen, so I have no idea what they are like. Are you enjoying it?

Just gave it a test run and certainly know i will enjoy it. It feels so good in my hand and it writes beatifully.

Ohhh that sounds lovely! Looking forward to seeing some pics! An Onoto is next on my list :)

Sorry about my photography, but you'll get the idea.

http://www.eudemonia.co.uk/fp/omc2.JPG

http://www.eudemonia.co.uk/fp/omc1.JPG

The Magna Classic takes centre stage (of course!) in my EDC case.

The paisley pattern pen slip came with the Twiss pen (the large blue mosaic in the middle) but I'm going to use it to protect my new Onoto.

http://www.eudemonia.co.uk/fp/omc3.JPG

Cheers, David.

Edited by the_gasman

I received the pen this weekend and it writes like a dream! However, I still find myself a bit nervous every time I pick it up to use. Hopefully, that will disappear after some use.

Oh wonderful!! So happy to hear it! Oh, I feel the same way. I very carefully pick it up and set it down lol. :D

The paisley pattern pen slip came with the Twiss pen (the large blue mosaic in the middle) but I'm going to use it to protect my new Onoto.

Cheers, David.

Oh it's a beauty, David!! I didn't realize the nibs were interchangeable. How wonderful! Is it balanced or back heavy at all? I just think the Onoto's are so classic looking and elegant. Looking forward to getting one. Thank you for sharing :)

Oh it's a beauty, David!! I didn't realize the nibs were interchangeable. How wonderful! Is it balanced or back heavy at all? I just think the Onoto's are so classic looking and elegant. Looking forward to getting one. Thank you for sharing :)

I hadn't realised either until I was chatting with the seller at a pen show. That made the decision easy -- I ordered both.

This pen is just downright awesome. It has changed two of my entrenched opinions: I previously didn't like fine nibs but the ink flow is so smooth that it is a joy to use (I'm going to have the broad ground to a left oblique cursive italic); secondly, I always used to prefer my pens posted but the balance on the Onoto is perfect when it is unposted, though it is still lovely to use when posted (I bought the heavier Magna Classic, 32gm, which has a brass insert in the barrel).

If you can get hold of an Onoto, you won't be disappointed.

Cheers, David.

attachicon.gifSheaffer marble desk pen.jpg

attachicon.gifSheaffer marble desk pen 2.jpg

James, here is a Sheaffer desk pen ad from a 1940's Life Magazine for sale on eBay. The ad identifies the base as "Italian Marble". I'm sorry I can't help you more on the actual model of pen, but it looks like the Triomphe Desk Model shown in many configurations in this ad. Here is the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1940S-LIFE-MAGAZINE-AD-SHEAFFERS-PEN-DESK-SETS-FREE-SHIP-ON-ADDL-ADS-/221796129821?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33a4145c1d

I too think the base is wonderful. I have two Sheaffer Snorkel desk pens from the late 50's and early 60's, both with the black glass base. One has an engraved brass name plate with name and "1957". Both have been restored and I use them quite a lot. So convenient to just reach out, remove a desk pen, write, and replace. Something nostalgic about it, although in my whole life I never had a desk pen ever until last year when I started using my first Snorkel desk pen. So I don't know why it is so satisfying to me.

Eschew Sesquipedalian Obfuscation

Platinum 3776 Century in Chartres Blue with a soft fine nib, and pink Platinum Plaisir. I plan to switch the nib from the Plaisir with one of the new extra fine Preppy nibs and carry it around as an everyday pen. :)

Cheers, David.

Awesome Pen!

I absolutely love Onoto pens. I have 6 of them and I think they are the best writing fountain pens in the world.

A 1937 Parker Vacumatic in excellent condition and my first vintage pen. I thought that I had better have at least one.

post-122620-0-09024100-1433954715_thumb.jpg

A 1937 Parker Vacumatic in excellent condition and my first vintage pen. I thought that I had better have at least one.

I don't have any (functional) vintage pens. For some reason I am wary of them. I'm not sure if it's the filling systems that some use, that I'm unfamiliar with, or I'm worried about leaks, or exactly what it is. If I was to venture into the vintage pen class, what models should I be looking at? Also, before anyone suggests it, I guess I'm one of the few who doesn't consider the Parker 51 to be that compelling of an acquisition.

CURRENT STABLE:

(2) Danitrio Tac Carry II / Xezo Architect / (2)(1920's era) Redipoint Flex / Libelle Vortex / Orange LE Pilot VP/ Mont Blanc Classique 144 / Dunhill Sidecar / Pilot 823 Clear Demonstrator / TWSBI 580 / Stipula Passaporto LE / Kaweco Sport WISH LIST:

MB Boheme / Platinum Hammered Sterling Silver / Pelikan M800 (clear demo) / Stipula Da Vinci / Visconti Opera Master / Delta Dolcevita Federico Oversize / Franklin-Cristoph 19 / Franklin-Christoph Model 25 w/ Masuyama nib

I don't have any (functional) vintage pens. For some reason I am wary of them. I'm not sure if it's the filling systems that some use, that I'm unfamiliar with, or I'm worried about leaks, or exactly what it is. If I was to venture into the vintage pen class, what models should I be looking at? Also, before anyone suggests it, I guess I'm one of the few who doesn't consider the Parker 51 to be that compelling of an acquisition.

It's probably best to stay away from them then.

James