What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2015

RMN

Conid Minimalistica with titanium medium nib.

Edited by perfaddict

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TeaHive

• Feathers

• RMN

• gweimer1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Platinum 3776 Century Fountain Pen - Bourgogne with a M nib. I asked for someone at Goulet Pens to test write it, which has delayed its shipping, and now expect to get it in a couple of days. My first higher end Platinum, I'm excited.

Eschew Sesquipedalian Obfuscation

1--a Kaweco Ice Sport, BB nib, in transparent green (to be promptly filled with Noodler's St. Patty's Eire)

2--a Lamy Studio, F 14K nib (not really sure what color to fill it with yet)

CURRENT STABLE:

(2) Danitrio Tac Carry II / Xezo Architect / (2)(1920's era) Redipoint Flex / Libelle Vortex / Orange LE Pilot VP/ Mont Blanc Classique 144 / Dunhill Sidecar / Pilot 823 Clear Demonstrator / TWSBI 580 / Stipula Passaporto LE / Kaweco Sport WISH LIST:

MB Boheme / Platinum Hammered Sterling Silver / Pelikan M800 (clear demo) / Stipula Da Vinci / Visconti Opera Master / Delta Dolcevita Federico Oversize / Franklin-Cristoph 19 / Franklin-Christoph Model 25 w/ Masuyama nib

Back in the game & loving the hunt. Just found and purchased a Pelikan M150 with black barrel and green cap/section in the post-97 new-style. Medium nib. Long time looking for that one.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

My 51 is finally coming tomorrow, but I also couldn't keep myself from a $20 project pen off the Bay-- an Imperial TD desk set with a lovely onyx base. And the requisite TD sac/seal kit, which hopefully won't get here after the pen does. It'd be torture to have that sitting on my desk and not being able to fix it.

10 years on PFN! I feel old, but not as old as my pens.

Inked up: Wing Sung 618 - BSB / PFM III - Kiri-same / Namiki Falcon - Storia Fire / Lamy 2000 - Fuyu-gaki / Sheaffer Triumph - Eclat de Saphir

Thought I was done for this year but found one of these going cheap (Faber Castell Ondoro) Should solve the problem of a decent broad pen until I can afford something better next year.

fea86724e710fcafbb3de18b09233369.jpg

Thought I was done for this year but found one of these going cheap (Faber Castell Ondoro) Should solve the problem of a decent broad pen until I can afford something better next year.

very classy looking pen

CURRENT STABLE:

(2) Danitrio Tac Carry II / Xezo Architect / (2)(1920's era) Redipoint Flex / Libelle Vortex / Orange LE Pilot VP/ Mont Blanc Classique 144 / Dunhill Sidecar / Pilot 823 Clear Demonstrator / TWSBI 580 / Stipula Passaporto LE / Kaweco Sport WISH LIST:

MB Boheme / Platinum Hammered Sterling Silver / Pelikan M800 (clear demo) / Stipula Da Vinci / Visconti Opera Master / Delta Dolcevita Federico Oversize / Franklin-Cristoph 19 / Franklin-Christoph Model 25 w/ Masuyama nib

I'm waiting for a couple of Pelikans: An M605, an M150 and two M400s. Hope they arrive before weekend ;-)

I just opened up and gave a pre-inaugural inking flush to a beautiful Makrolon Lamy 2000 with a fine nib. Came from Goulet- which, of course, means that one must get some ink samples with it :D

Yup, 14 new samples entered my humble stable today- the eight most popular Diamines and all six Lamy inks. I'm quite looking forward to the Diamines- particularly Matador and Ancient Copper. The Lamy inks are going to be fun too :)

Here to help when I know, learn when I don't, and pass on the information to anyone I can :)

I am hoping that the mail lady will be delivering my Montblanc Midnight Black Resin Fineliner - 105656 tomorrow. While not a fountain pen, I am very excited to finally get a hold a a Montblanc. I'm hoping this will hold me over for a bit until I can find a good deal on a Le Grand 146 Platinum Fountain pen.

I am hoping that the mail lady will be delivering my Montblanc Midnight Black Resin Fineliner - 105656 tomorrow. While not a fountain pen, I am very excited to finally get a hold a a Montblanc. I'm hoping this will hold me over for a bit until I can find a good deal on a Le Grand 146 Platinum Fountain pen.

Aww, how wonderful!! I recently jumped onto the Montblanc train myself, and it is very exciting! I hope you love your new pen :)

Platinum 3776 Century Fountain Pen - Bourgogne with a M nib. I asked for someone at Goulet Pens to test write it, which has delayed its shipping, and now expect to get it in a couple of days. My first higher end Platinum, I'm excited.

This morning (Friday): USPS says "out for delivery".

I just opened up and gave a pre-inaugural inking flush to a beautiful Makrolon Lamy 2000 with a fine nib. Came from Goulet- which, of course, means that one must get some ink samples with it :D

Yup, 14 new samples entered my humble stable today- the eight most popular Diamines and all six Lamy inks. I'm quite looking forward to the Diamines- particularly Matador and Ancient Copper. The Lamy inks are going to be fun too :)

I love Ancient Copper, a wonderful ink. I love my Lamy 2000 from Goulet. I got it over 18 months ago and it is wonderful. Let us know how you like this one. Now I have to run to the mail box to see if my Goulet order has come yet!

I love Ancient Copper, a wonderful ink. I love my Lamy 2000 from Goulet. I got it over 18 months ago and it is wonderful. Let us know how you like this one. Now I have to run to the mail box to see if my Goulet order has come yet!

I inked up Matador first (interestingly enough, in another fine Lamy- a Safari- which is my ink testing pen of choice) and I have officially lost interest in buying a bottle of Skrip Red for an editing ink :)

I believe Ancient Copper will be next.

The 2000 is different from how I imagined it. Not in a bad way- I love the pen- but different- lighter, the brushing in the Makrolon is shallower than I expected, and somehow I imagined the pen as being bigger than it is (even though it's a good sized pen). For all the hullaballoo over L2K nibs being a half size broader than their named width, this fine is pretty darn narrow... I like it though. It's glassy smooth, if a bit on the dry side. The dryness can be modified, so I'm not complaining :) it's a superb pen all in all.

Here to help when I know, learn when I don't, and pass on the information to anyone I can :)

I love the look of the Ondoro, especially in white. Looks really sharp.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you manage to get it for?

Parker 75, Ingenuity, Premier, Sonnet, Urban | Pelikan M400 | TWSBI Diamond 580 | Visconti Rembrandt

Currently inked: Diamine Apple Glory (Rembrandt), Pelikan 4001 Turquoise (M400), Lamy Black (Diamond 580)

Pelikan 140 and two Hero 616's. Both are like 2+ weeks shipping and I accidentally had them mailed to my dad's house 150 miles away :bawl:

While not a fountain pen, this lovely ballpoint just landed in my hot little hands, so I now have a match for my M600. I just love these white tortoiseshell pens :wub: While I don't normally purchase matching ballpoints or rollerballs, I recently had to resort to my (comfy, but not classy) Dr. Grip gel pen. I was in an expensive shop, and I was kind of embarrassed, especially as I was thinking of all the gorgeous FPs I had at home, and here I was schelpping around with a gel pen LOL :P I know, first world probs, right? hahhaha Anyway, I'm very pleased with this new pen. It's got looks and function. :thumbup:

post-74708-0-61049800-1433636947_thumb.png

While not a fountain pen, this lovely ballpoint just landed in my hot little hands, so I now have a match for my M600. I just love these white tortoiseshell pens :wub: While I don't normally purchase matching ballpoints or rollerballs, I recently had to resort to my (comfy, but not classy) Dr. Grip gel pen. I was in an expensive shop, and I was kind of embarrassed, especially as I was thinking of all the gorgeous FPs I had at home, and here I was schelpping around with a gel pen LOL :P I know, first world probs, right? hahhaha Anyway, I'm very pleased with this new pen. It's got looks and function. :thumbup:

That's a beauty. I have the fountain pen around here somewhere in a box. I never filled it. I still can't decide what ink to use.

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.