What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2015

RMN

Another Sheaffer Snorkel. Should be here in a couple days.

David

For so long as one hundred men remain alive,we shall never under any conditions submit to the

domination of the English. It is not for glory or riches or honours that we fight, but only for liberty, which

no good man will consent to lose but with his life.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TeaHive

• Feathers

• RMN

• gweimer1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A fine italic Parson's Essential and my first vintage pen, a Parker 51. I didn't know either existed until joining this forum. You're all terrible influences.

Waiting on a Sailor Stardust Procolor. It's in the country and out of customs in Chicago. Hoped for it today.

Bexley Stalwart in Oxblood. I can't wait to fill it with Diamine Oxblood.

Fountain pens forever and forever a hundred years fountain pens, all day long forever, forever a hundred times, over and over Fountain Pen Network Adventures dot com!

- Joe

Being forced to use my reward points by the end of this month, I ordered a Namiki Falcon - red resin/chrome trim (EF).Cash out of pocket was one-third the cost, so... you know... it was a no-brainer.

Of course, the pen will be waiting for me a couple of months before I arrive.

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

I was ordering some stuff from Amazon and didn't have enough for free shipping (again). So instead of buying more of what I had, which I did think about, I added a Pilot Plumix. :) I'm planning to swap its italic/stub nib into my Pilot Prera. I have a Metropolitan, too, but the Prera's a bit short for me unposted, and I think giving it the different nib may encourage me to use it a bit more. I saw a video from Goulet Pens on how to do the swap and it looks fairly simple -- basically just pull out the nibs, swap bodies, and push them back in -- so I'm pretty sure I can do this. As easy as it may be, it will be my first pen modification.

My last piece for a Parker 51 Demi Aero Navy Grey arrived today, and I am absolutely DONE building 51's from scratch. :D It was fun, but I lack the patience to keep having half-built pens laying around.

Still waiting for my Hero 359's to arrive, sigh.

I had been waffling between a few pens before I bit the bullet and ordered three. Ahahaha, that's one way to silence the voice in your head screaming for more.

A Franklin Christoph Model 65 in cracked ice with a Mike Masuyama medium stub

A Franklin Christoph Model 20/Marietta with a fine nib

A TWSBI 580 AL Purple from Pendleton Brown with a fine BLS

I'm a happy camper. Or I will be next week.

The praise of the praiseworthy is above all rewards.

They look nice :) Do they post well or is the cap to heavy?

Oh yes, posting is not a problem ( even if I rarelly post my pens because of the weight on the rear )

TeaHive, thanks. I discovered my mistake shortly after that post :lticaptd: . However I am waiting on a Parker Frontier I just ordered, an amber TWSBI Vac700 & a Rosetta Napoleon II.

post-96875-0-91169100-1431835340.jpg

I'm a geek with a fountain pen.

Sounds like you have great taste in pens! I just got a Rosetta Napoleon II in Tortoiseshell, and the color is absolutely lovely!

Hallel, is your F-C 65 coming with steel nib or the 18kt? You will love it (I have the gold nib)!

PS: I'm awaiting a very special Pelikan -- pictures when it arrives.

Edited by Christopher Godfrey

Finally broke down and ordered a TWSBI 580 Al in Orange. Almost waited too long and missed the chance.

Do you want to know?

x1 Visconti Homo Sapiens Steel Mechanical pencil

x1 Visconti Opera Black Fountain Pen

x1 Visconti Limited Edition Opera Deep Ocean Blue Fountain pen 923ct Pd nib)

x1 Visconti Opera Master Clear Demonstrator LE Fountain Pen (23ct Dreamtouch nib)

x1 Montblanc Starwalker Extreme Ballpoint pen (I hope, currently winning bid)

x1 Visconti Van Gogh Fountain pen (Currently winning bid)

x1 Visconti Opera Elements Blue Ballpoint Pen MIB

x1 Monteverde Prima Green Swirl Fountain Pen

x1 Lamy Studio Wild Rubin Fountain pen (14k Lamy nib)

And before anyone judges, I have not bought a pen in a while. okay!

So, you're saying you're making up for lost time? ;)

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

So, you're saying you're making up for lost time? ;)

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Yes. Time is precious. Pens are more precious!

Yes. Time is precious. Pens are more precious!

And Montblanc Resin is the most Precious!

@CG

I went with a steel medium stub. I've talked to people who have both and it's said that the steel is comparable to the gold in terms of quality. I am pretty excited for them.

The praise of the praiseworthy is above all rewards.

1952 Parker 51 Aerometric arrives tomorrow....it's my first vintage Parker:

http://i.imgur.com/e98e3Pb.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/WWkvLk7.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/yzGYL5g.jpg?1

I also have a Lamy Safari Al-Star arriving on Wednesday....I really like my other Safari's....can't wait to see how I like the Al-Star:

http://i.imgur.com/KrMlgyD.jpg

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to say you are....you aren't" - Margaret Thatcher

Not technically waiting on a new pen to arrive in the mail, but I did just send off my Sheaffer Legacy for some customization...can't wait for it to be worked on and to receive it back! :bunny01:

It'll be like getting a whole new pen... :D

I recently heard back from Jonathon Brooks (of The Carolina Pen Company) that my Sheaffer Legacy I was done, and I have to say that it couldn't have turned out better! I can't wait to receive this in the mail and see it in person. :D

The original metal barrel was pretty heavy and I wasn't crazy about the black lacquered body with the palladium and gold cap, this new serpentine cebloplast is much nicer in my opinion and better suits the metal cap.

post-99317-0-62543300-1431987294_thumb.jpg

post-99317-0-87605600-1431987309_thumb.jpg

μὴ ζήτει τὰ γινόμενα γίνεσθαι ὡς θέλεις, ἀλλὰ θέλε τὰ γινόμενα ὡς γίνεται

καὶεὐροήσεις. - Epictetus

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png