What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2015

RMN

I ordered a Pilot Falcon S extra fine red rhodium from penchalet Sunday should be here tomorrow (4-30-15).

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TeaHive

• Feathers

• RMN

• gweimer1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes ..... Just received it ...... I'll open the box this afternoon as I'm late to open my shop ......

Done, I've opened the box (my first Noodler's....) first impression It's very light .... Well, I'll ty in a few hours .....

There's always money in the banana stand!

I just hope the pen doesn't get as destroyed as many times as the banana stand... I may have jinxed it by naming it as such. >_>

Done, I've opened the box (my first Noodler's....) first impression It's very light .... Well, I'll ty in a few hours .....

how has been ur experience...

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

how has been ur experience...

Really ..... Very light pen, bad finishing, the so said "flex nib" is hard as a nail ..... Ok, it's not an expensive pen but at a much lower price, I can have better chinese or indian pens ....

That Noodler's Ahab Flex Fountain Pen - Pima Tortoise is not a pen I'd use much .....

Any pictures of the Pima Tortoise's marbling for us, Thier? Each one is different, after all. Gotta see the swirls! I'm sorry you're not very pleased with it. I'm a huge fan of Noodler's pens, but I am also a tinkerer and don't mind working on them to get them working.

You can make the nib easier to flex using this modification: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/240492-noodlers-ahab-ease-my-flex-mod/

Finally, an 80's MB 146 with montone F nib from Europe. Per USPS tracking, arrived in New York on Monday, now at my local post office. Expecting delivery tomorrow -- Thursday. Can't wait to ink it and write.

Three pens I've been waiting for have come in! A Sheaffer Balance in Carmine, a Visconti New Classic in Blue-Nut, and a Kaigelu 316 in Amber. All inked up and writing nicely. I am a very happy collector today. This picture doesn't really do them justice, I'm afraid, but it's the one that came out best.

post-677-0-74677100-1430347740_thumb.jpg

Any pictures of the Pima Tortoise's marbling for us, Thier? Each one is different, after all. Gotta see the swirls! I'm sorry you're not very pleased with it. I'm a huge fan of Noodler's pens, but I am also a tinkerer and don't mind working on them to get them working.

You can make the nib easier to flex using this modification: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/240492-noodlers-ahab-ease-my-flex-mod/

Thank you for the tip . This evening, I'll take my dremel out ......

Really ..... Very light pen, bad finishing, the so said "flex nib" is hard as a nail ..... Ok, it's not an expensive pen but at a much lower price, I can have better chinese or indian pens ....

That Noodler's Ahab Flex Fountain Pen - Pima Tortoise is not a pen I'd use much .....

Thank you for the info....

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

Not a pen but a nib: a Waterman #2 in what I'm hoping is a stub. The pictures were a little indeterminate, but it had high shoulders so I took a chance.

Hi all,

I have not posted here in a while, although I have bought many pens this year. I have one coming back to me from the maker that I am quite excited about. Shawn Newton made this pen in December for fun, with a custom silver clip. He sold it to another member here and I bought it from that member. I had it sent to Shawn for a new nib, a 1.1 stub, and now it is coming back to me.

I am a SF Giants fan (although we only seem to win trophies in even years), so this will be my Giants rally pen.

photo courtesy of Shawn Newton

I am eagerly looking forward to getting the pen. It will have a nice home in my collection of custom pens.

Happy Friday,

Z

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Just ordered a Pilot Vanishing Point, a Platinum PTL-5000A, 2 Jinhao 599's, one as a gift, and a Pilot 78g. I am officially an addict.

I think I'm on the last of acquisitions this year (unless I have a sudden windfall). Anyway, awaiting a Blue transitional J Estie with 9314-M nib (if it ever gets here, my luck with these is atrocious), a green Estie dollar that was a recent impulse (read: stupid) buy, and a Waterman 94 with a red nib.

When everything is here I shall hard good hard assessment of what I have as I am looking to downsize (yeah, I know) from about 25 vintage pens to around 10. Only keeping - sentimental, real good writers, or exceptional curiosities.

I was just looking at this topic and thinking that I have no pens coming, but then I remembered that I recently won an ebay auction and I have a Pelikan M625 on the way from Regina Martini in Germany.

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

Delta Giacomo Puccini LE.

David

For so long as one hundred men remain alive,we shall never under any conditions submit to the

domination of the English. It is not for glory or riches or honours that we fight, but only for liberty, which

no good man will consent to lose but with his life.

Not a stub - looks like an F-XF. Long tines, but I'd call it semiflex.

I was just looking at this topic and thinking that I have no pens coming, but then I remembered that I recently won an ebay auction and I have a Pelikan M625 on the way from Regina Martini in Germany.

I know this feeling so well. I watch for the pens that are coming a "short distance" & then am nicely surprised when one arrives from Germany with out expedited shipping. It is ALMOST as though they were an unexpected "gift!" I have had this as well with inks & always think "wow these are certainly NICE colors........." before remembering I HAD selected them!

BUT I still think my favorite Regina Martini purchase was when I "splurged" & opted for her fasting shipping & the pen came in 2 days! I thanked her for her "Hermes" like shipping abilities & she of course acknowledged appreciation BUT reminded me this was "unusually" prompt. (Kinda like she was warning me to NOT expect it to be a regular occurrence!") And I have not since then BUT I had felt the price I paid for the pen was such a bargain that I felt I could allow the extra expense for shipping.

Just reading your post reminded me I do indeed have the brass Kaweco Sport "winding it's way to me." Nothing to be that excited about because it is only the composition of the pen that will prove different from any of the other Sports I have. But those long distance travelers can kinda slip past our radar if not vigilant.