• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TeaHive

• Feathers

• RMN

• gweimer1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

after much diddling around (like maybe a year of thinking during which time i bought several lamys, a pilot 823 and a platinum 3776) i finally ordered a twsbi 580

i kept seeing all those posts about cracks and leaks and problems

but finally decided to throw in with the twsbi lovers and see what all the fuss is about

i hope i get a well made example and a good nib

it's on it its way from jet pens along with some tomoe river a4 sheets

I ordered a carmine striated Sheaffer Balance from Peyton Street Pens. The local post office hasn't been the best about tracking scans lately; it's estimated to arrive today but it hasn't had an arrival or out-for-delivery scan. I've got a bottle of Red Dragon waiting for it when it does get here.

The blue-nut Visconti Classic hasn't had a tracking update in over two weeks; PostNL says this means it's stuck in customs, but usually I get an update from inside the States before customs gets a package. The wait is driving me nuts.

Now waiting on a Pelikan M320 ruby red with medium nib.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Not technically waiting on a new pen to arrive in the mail, but I did just send off my Sheaffer Legacy for some customization...can't wait for it to be worked on and to receive it back! :bunny01:

It'll be like getting a whole new pen... :D

μὴ ζήτει τὰ γινόμενα γίνεσθαι ὡς θέλεις, ἀλλὰ θέλε τὰ γινόμενα ὡς γίνεται

καὶεὐροήσεις. - Epictetus

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I decided to treat myself today, a bit too indulgently. Lamy Al-Star Copper Orange with fine nib paired with Iroshizuku Yu-yake, a Rosetta Napoleon II in Tortoiseshell with an extra-fine nib, Pelikan Twist in Blueberry, and a Woerther Hexegonal Wood 3.15mm lead clutch in Plum are all on their way to me. And lots and lots of ink samples, as well as a Noodler's Park Red bottle (I should say, I bought it solely for the label, haha!)

As of today, I'm waiting on a Conway Stewart 27 blue herringbone. Not only is this place a bad influence, but the mere mention of pens here has them sprouting up all over on eBay.

I got tracking updates on both pens: the Sheaffer Balance is out for delivery, and the Visconti Classic has arrived at ISC Chicago. Woo-hoo!

Brause 3032

Tropen Gold

Senator

Ero Erst Beste

All classic black German from the 50s-60s. While I have a small flock of Pelikans, I am trying to build a selection of other classic German pens from this 50s - 60s period to show the pervasiveness of the style. I have a Matador, a Geha, a vintage Lamy, a vintage Kaweco Metropol, several MBs, a Soenecken, and a Reform.

I know that there were hundreds of German brands but I am thinking of shooting for 20-25. I know I need a Faber,

I just ordered a Pilot Metropolitan from Amazon, in order to push my order of another item into the free shipping price range. It's not actually in the mail yet, but should be soon enough, since the estimated delivery is next week.

I *thought* I was done for a while, then Massdrop just had to go ahead and put up the Studio 14K at a price that's basically as much as a gold nib upgrade by itself ...

-k

It seems to be at the belgian customs since more than one week 8-(

Yes ..... Just received it ...... I'll open the box this afternoon as I'm late to open my shop ......

A Skyline, my first and 2 English Parker 45s; one flighter and a deep red with fine nibs.

Conklin All American Yellowstone. I was drawn to it after hearing Goulet had a prototype Nouveau Premiere of the same material, jokingly called Banana Stand a la "Arrested Development." :D I just can't pass up a banana stand pen, pffft!

I just can't pass up a banana stand pen, pffft!

There's always money in the banana stand!

Chris

Carpe Stylum!