What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2015

RMN

Hmmm. I have a Pilot 78G, a Parker 45, and a Platinum Preppy in the new XF nib on the way. Also, an Esterbrook 2314F stub nib and a Nemosine XF nib. I hate waiting.

Yer gonna love the 78G, the Parker and the Nemosine EF for sure...I have no exp with the others, though I hear they are good.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.

Mark Twain

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TeaHive

• Feathers

• RMN

• gweimer1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just today received a mint condition Waterman L'Etalon in black from Peyton Street Pens, with a very broad "L" nib. It will go to Pendleton Brown to be stubbed. I'm waiting for a BB nib for my Pelikan M1000 that will get the same treatment, as will a small OMAS orange broad that I've had for several years.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

My watermans came in today, another phileas and a hemisphere, they both look great and will be using diff colored ink in them when i get some ink.

waiting for a mb 221 for daughter.

Retired and trying to use FP more to write with

Yer gonna love the 78G, the Parker and the Nemosine EF for sure...I have no exp with the others, though I hear they are good.

Thank you! I'm pretty confident these are all pens I'll really enjoy. I can't wait to find out for sure. *checks tracking info online again…*

I was waiting for my Conway Stewart Britannia but it came in this morning!

Now I am just waiting on my first vintage pen, an De La Rue "Onoto the pen"

Plus my cheapest pen ever, a Hero from China.

Last of the 2014s/first of the 2015s! They actually arrived Wednesday, but I was out of town for the holiday until today. The fifth pen in the lot turned out to be an old ballpoint of interesting structure, but these four are going to be lovely when they're restored:

15994831490_874ebec16b_z.jpg
Unidentified nibless piston -- the piston doesn't work, but I think I can fix that. The mechanism appears pretty straight forward. What appears to be stripes is not alternating black and pearlescent, but alternating black and transparent -- the body is partly clear so the whole reservoir can be seen at all times. With a bit of work it should look clearer, and I can cannibalize a feed and nib from some other less interesting pen.

15996084309_f732ca3a5d_z.jpg
Rapidograph Stylograph of uncertain vintage; I think this is a much more recent pen. It hasn't released any ink into its water soak, so it's probably been cleaned regularly.

15996347867_def4237141_z.jpg
Another unidentified piston pen; the mechanism works fine, but there seems to be a lot of dried ink clogging the feed. A good soak should clear that. The old ink turned out to be a gorgeous dark peacock blue; I should have saved the initial flush, I might've been able to use it at least with a dip pen.

15994834580_1c60d6e178_z.jpg
This is a German pen; the nib reads "Garantiert 1a Qualität" and I thought the window was blue until I started to flush it and it quickly washed clean to a pale amber. Not sure what the manufacturer is yet, but I can't wait to get this one all polished up.

"Well, believe me, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway."

--Crow T. Robot, Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

My Flickr, if you're interested

A Bexley Poseiden in Red/Grey which I snatched up

from Richard Binder's Web Site yesterday morning.

The Bexley family is now at 14 and counting.

trdsf: What do you use when polishing a pen?

A polishing compound called Simichrome is quite good for this sort of thing.

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.

Mark Twain

In the last 12 hours, I have received not one, not two, but four count-em-four pens in the mail... and all of them flex! (Ahab, Waterman Leader that needs a sac replacement and possibly a cap if FPH has a spare, and an on-loan Esterbrook SJ that the lovely lender decided to include ANOTHER pen with a flex nib in). I am literally rolling in joy this morning.

Girl Sam

(It used to be Sammi with a heart drawn over the I, but I stopped because absolutely everyone was doing it)

In the last 12 hours, I have received not one, not two, but four count-em-four pens in the mail... and all of them flex! (Ahab, Waterman Leader that needs a sac replacement and possibly a cap if FPH has a spare, and an on-loan Esterbrook SJ that the lovely lender decided to include ANOTHER pen with a flex nib in). I am literally rolling in joy this morning.

I think I would have simply passed out, overwhelmed with excitement. I applaud your constitution! xD

My Desiderata's tracking information says it's out for delivery in my town, but the mail already came, and it was not included.. I wonder if my post-person left it in the mail truck by accident. It's not the first time. And they've come back a second time to deliver before. So my fingers are crossed that it will make it today!

Hmmm. I have a Pilot 78G, a Parker 45, and a Platinum Preppy in the new XF nib on the way. Also, an Esterbrook 2314F stub nib and a Nemosine XF nib. I hate waiting.

I predict you'll love the 2314F nib. I have 2314-F and B and a 9314-M and they're three of my favorite nibs. And you can't go wrong with a P45!

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

I didn't get any pens or pen-related goodies for Christmas so I rectified that error by ordering a TWSBI 580 Rose Gold with a Pendleton Angel nib (thank you amberleadavis and the TWSBI Loaner Program!) and a blue striated Pelikan M400. The Pelikan will probably go to ArtsNibs for stubbing. Counting the days!

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

I'm waiting for Massdop to send me my 2 Pilot Metros and my Lamy 2000. Those may or may not be the only pens I buy this year though I've got my eye on a Kaweko Sport and maybe a Pilot Plumix for my son.

Oh my gosh my jinhao 159 arrived yesterday and now waiting on my boaer 388 in the mail and that should be here in two weeks . Oh well just in time for my bday ...

Cathy :bunny01:

:happyberet:

trdsf: What do you use when polishing a pen?

I use the scratch remover(s)/polish(es) from Fountain Pen Sacs and finish with the carnauba wax; I'm really happy with the results. I've heard good stuff about Simichrome, but I haven't used it myself, so I can't speak to it from experience.

"Well, believe me, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway."

--Crow T. Robot, Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

My Flickr, if you're interested

TeaHive, one thing that USPS does around here is that they have one delivery for mail-mail and a separate one for packages. No idea why, though. I'd keep my chin up. :)

Plus and also, I am NEVER buying inks on Amazon again. Bottles arrived, 2 out of 3 of them were, from my wife's utterly irate and substantially p***ed phone call, completely shattered when they arrived--and, since I'd already left for work, my poor definitely-not-FP-interested wife had to deal with the messes.

As soon as I figure out which 2 inks, Amazon is getting an earful. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Girl Sam

(It used to be Sammi with a heart drawn over the I, but I stopped because absolutely everyone was doing it)

Three days into the new year and I am already in trouble:

1 Croxley

1 Jackdaw

1 Edacoto

1 Swan.

I'm hopeless!

Cob

fpn_1428963683__6s.jpg “The pen of the British Empire” fpn_1423349537__swan_sign_is.jpg

I'm waiting:

- Nemosine Singularity and Fission bought at ebay;

- TWSBI Vac 700 from writingdesk.com;

- Monteverde Catalina from massdrop;

- 7 bottles of Sheaffer Skrip (1 black, 1 green, 1 purple, 2 red, 2 turquoise)

- 5 bottles of Namiki Iroshizuku ( Ku-jaku, Ama-iro, Tsuyu-kusa, Chiku-rin, Kon-peki)

I can't wait it to be delivered, specialy the Iroshizuku inks!!! :wacko: :wub:

I hope you all get your packages fast too!

Cheers

Claude