What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2015

RMN

I was trying to be good and not order anything for a few months, but then I saw a spring sale on Rakuten (and good US$-Yen exchange rate), so now I'm waiting for an order from Japan:

Pilot VP in blue with rhodium trip in fine

Pilot Elite 95s in ivory/burgundy (same as the e95s) in medium - so beautiful that I couldn't pass it up!

Pilot Iroshizuku ink in Asa-gao and Tsutsuji

Some Midori notebook refills and accessories

Even with shipping (about $20 total), it still came out to about half what I would have paid ordering it domestically. Now time to wait (impatiently) for my package to arrive!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TeaHive

• Feathers

• RMN

• gweimer1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just received a beautiful Pilot Cherry Blossom Maki-e today from Atsu, along with a bottle of Cigar. Next pen is a NOS Pelikan 850 with an OB nib, from Rolf.

Must. Stop.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Just received a beautiful Pilot Cherry Blossom Maki-e today from Atsu, along with a bottle of Cigar. Next pen is a NOS Pelikan 850 with an OB nib, from Rolf.

Must. Stop.

I understand what you mean by Must stop ...... I personnay cannot ....

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/267952-which-one-will-be-your-next-fountain-pen/

Awaiting a 1990s Sheaffer Legacy I and a NIB 1960s Parker 45 FP and Pencil set.

μὴ ζήτει τὰ γινόμενα γίνεσθαι ὡς θέλεις, ἀλλὰ θέλε τὰ γινόμενα ὡς γίνεται

καὶεὐροήσεις. - Epictetus

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Just got my first order from Rakuten shipped! I'm so excited, but now the waiting game begins... I keep checking the tracking number but of course, it's still in Tokyo.

2x Sailor Clear Candies, "Beckoning Cat Yellow" and "Ladybug Red"
1x Sailor Jentle Ink Yama-Dori

1x Pilot Iroshizuku Tsukushi

Waiting on a Sheaffer Cadet, an Esterbrook lever filler of indeterminate model, a Sailor Sapporo and a Sailor 1911 Young. The Sailors were just ordered from the classifieds, and the Sheaffer and Esterbrooks are my first restoration attempts off eBay. Will need to put in orders for sacs and similar supplies soon, but excited to see if I can revive a couple of cool looking pens. Will also be my first foray into vintage pens.

I understand what you mean by Must stop ...... I personnay cannot ....

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/267952-which-one-will-be-your-next-fountain-pen/

Sadly, at the moment I *have* to stop. The roofer is coming tomorrow to have contracts signed.... I dumped two bucketfuls of water out the attic window earlier today from the worst of the leaks.... Yes, I know -- roof over pens. But the husband insisted.

Fortunately I got my M200 Café Crème in the mail *last* weekend. :thumbup:

There are some pens I still want, but at the moment they're on hold. Or DCSS. Whichever comes first.... Besides I need to save some discretionary income for ink (I really need to stop reading ink reviews, plus I'm still waiting on the invoices for the KWZI group buy round #3 -- and have been mentally lining up for group buy #4...).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Sadly, at the moment I *have* to stop. The roofer is coming tomorrow to have contracts signed.... I dumped two bucketfuls of water out the attic window earlier today from the worst of the leaks.... Yes, I know -- roof over pens. But the husband insisted.

Fortunately I got my M200 Café Crème in the mail *last* weekend. :thumbup:

There are some pens I still want, but at the moment they're on hold. Or DCSS. Whichever comes first.... Besides I need to save some discretionary income for ink (I really need to stop reading ink reviews, plus I'm still waiting on the invoices for the KWZI group buy round #3 -- and have been mentally lining up for group buy #4...).

Come on, tell your husband that winter is over and sun is coming. No more rain or snow untill a few months ...... He has time enough to spare money for the roof while you 're buying one or another pen ......

But; please don't give him my adress iy you say that I advice you to do so, I want to live old .... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sheaffer Legacy I arrived and it is glorious! The Parker pen and pencil set not so much, so I'll be returning that.

μὴ ζήτει τὰ γινόμενα γίνεσθαι ὡς θέλεις, ἀλλὰ θέλε τὰ γινόμενα ὡς γίνεται

καὶεὐροήσεις. - Epictetus

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Come on, tell your husband that winter is over and sun is coming. No more rain or snow untill a few months ...... He has time enough to spare money for the roof while you 're buying one or another pen ......

But; please don't give him my adress iy you say that I advice you to do so, I want to live old .... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lticaptd:

Maybe it doesn't rain in the spring where *you* are. But yesterday I dumped two buckets of water from the tub under one leak in the attic ceiling. And didn't empty the tub.... :(

And that was only from some showers. When we got heavy rain a few days before that, the tub overflowed....

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I'm waiting on my Edison Nouveau Lilac to come back from Edison Pens (it arrived with a crack :[ ).

But today, today was a glorious day. I don't care if they might possibly be Diamine repackaged. I don't care if they're expensive. They're ~mine~.

16997656299_25c6f39a45_c.jpg

Looking for Japanese and French language pen pals!

Snail Mail Exchange Partipant. Letter Writer Alliance member.

:lticaptd:

Maybe it doesn't rain in the spring where *you* are. But yesterday I dumped two buckets of water from the tub under one leak in the attic ceiling. And didn't empty the tub.... :(

And that was only from some showers. When we got heavy rain a few days before that, the tub overflowed....

Ouch ... 😞

Edited by Thier.

I'm hoping my old-style rOtring 600 silver (or whatever the correct term for the light color is) and gold with EF nib will be in my mailbox today!

Edited by Manalto

James

My goodness, Akkerman ink. Shocking Blue is one fine fine thing. Enjoy.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

I'm waiting on my Edison Nouveau Lilac to come back from Edison Pens (it arrived with a crack :[ ).

But today, today was a glorious day. I don't care if they might possibly be Diamine repackaged. I don't care if they're expensive. They're ~mine~.

16997656299_25c6f39a45_c.jpg

Forgive me that my "outoftouchness" is showing, but what are these? Those bottles are fabulous!

"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."  - Selwyn Duke    

Hi Biscuitlips! No worries on being out of touch. These are P.W. Akkerman inks. They are sold online from the P.W. Akkerman store in the Netherlands, which is where I bought them (http://www.vulpennen.nl/en/). To make the most of the shipping price, I ordered several. :) I love them.

Looking for Japanese and French language pen pals!

Snail Mail Exchange Partipant. Letter Writer Alliance member.

Forgive me that my "outoftouchness" is showing, but what are these? Those bottles are fabulous!

The design of the bottles is from the 1930s, by Andries Copier of the Netherlands for inkmaker (and penmaker) Gimborn.

The neck of the bottle has a narrow point with a glass marble above it. This acts like an ink-reservoir. One tilts the bottle, ink flows past the marble, then the marble falls back, locking the neck. This way you can even use the last bit of ink.

The bottle is 8 sided and came in several sizes. Akkerman, the famous The Hague penshop, introduced this bottle for their 100 year commemorative ink. Which proved a success so they keep going, although they switched to smaller bottles now. Inks are named after typical Dutch or The Hague features (such as Shocking Blue after the Dutch Popgroup originating from The Hague)

The bottle, but in a round version, was also used by Waterman in the 30s.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~