What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2015

RMN

I just ordered a Pilot custom 74 dark blue from Amazon shipping from Japan. I am not a fan of the transparent color pens so I opted for this choice. I paid an additional fee for expediated shipping. Should be here by March 31.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TeaHive

• Feathers

• RMN

• gweimer1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Waiting For

Gama popular...

Gama Pocket

and Motana pens...

All made in India

I read that last one as "Montana pens" and had a moment of :huh: :huh: :huh: . Thanks, dyslexia! :thumbup:

Just got some EF Preppy's from Jet, been waiting 2 months for them to be in stock anywhere. Added a Kaweco Sport...

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income. - Errol Flynn

Pelikan 100's, 200's, 400's, 600's & 805,s (Stresemann), Namiki Nippon Dragon, Montblanc 149, Platinum 3776 Music Nib, Sailor Pro Clear Demo, Montegrappa Fortuna Skull, Parker 75 Laque, 1946 Parker Vacumatic, Stipula Passporto, Kaweco.

Converter for the 144. Stupid me didn't realize it needed a slimmer one than I have laying around.

Converter for the 144. Stupid me didn't realize it needed a slimmer one than I have laying around.

I'm not sure they do, the issue I am having is thread vs. push on.

There were 2 styles, the older being push-on, which I m trying to source. It seems a lot of dealers think the 2 types are interchangeable.

See the last half of this current thread I started...

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/286795-what-model-do-i-have-here/?do=findComment&comment=3309536

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income. - Errol Flynn

Pelikan 100's, 200's, 400's, 600's & 805,s (Stresemann), Namiki Nippon Dragon, Montblanc 149, Platinum 3776 Music Nib, Sailor Pro Clear Demo, Montegrappa Fortuna Skull, Parker 75 Laque, 1946 Parker Vacumatic, Stipula Passporto, Kaweco.

Black Esterbrook pen and pencil set, woot!

"Well, believe me, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway."

--Crow T. Robot, Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

My Flickr, if you're interested

I'm not sure they do, the issue I am having is thread vs. push on.

There were 2 styles, the older being push-on, which I m trying to source. It seems a lot of dealers think the 2 types are interchangeable.

See the last half of this current thread I started...

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/286795-what-model-do-i-have-here/?do=findComment&comment=3309536

No, I get that. I don't have a MB converter laying around. Went with a Waterman after doing some reading.

Did the Waterman fit without modification?

thanks,

Rob

Lamy Personna Black Titaniun with B nib... coming straight from Amsterdam... :lol:

My birthday present to me... from me... :D

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Did the Waterman fit without modification?

thanks,

Rob

It should. We'll see when it gets here.

Windweaver -- Yes, looks like lots of interesting things to get your restoration skills started with but no priceless treasures. Definitely $46 worth of entertainment. Your jeweler's tools will definitely help you, as my modeler's tools have helped me. However, you'll need a pair of spark plug wrenches (we call them section wrenches) and a good, focused heat source that will probably be a lot cooler than anything you would use in jewelry.

Tim

Well. Up until yesterday I thought you were exactly right about this lot of pens. And then I looked at the two metal ones in the picture and I realized that they are a pen called a Redipoint. There were two of them and they looked like they were made out of Mao Tse Tung's pot metal, so I didn't look at the nib very closely, but I did notice that it was delicate and appeared to be gold plated. I looked them up on YouTube and Brian Sizemore has a review of them, apparently those are 14k flex nibs. I think they might be Ingersoll nibs so the pen body is sort of a piece of crud, but the nibs are freaking beautiful. Now I am in a debate with myself about whether or not to restore the body by soldering the crack in the cap or to just salvage the nibs and put them on something else. I am unsure which way to go with this but I am leaning towards trying to restore the pens. Edited by windweaver

My Sailor Professional Gear came in, and it is lovely, and a gorgeous writer to boot. I still can't quite believe I inked it with the black cart it came with, but this pen could be inked with just about anything, and the choices were starting to overwhelm me. The black was easiest.

attachicon.gifprogear.jpg

The Italix Parson's Essential has finally cleared customs, so I'm expecting that soon.

Anxiously awaiting a tracking notice on the Waterman Taperite I ordered. Edit: and, of course, I got the tracking info as soon as I posted this...

The M805 Stresemann will come in at Appointments someday, and I am content to wait.

Oh, that Buddha is splendid !!!!!! (So is the pen) Good idea to have a Buddha as pen support . I now have to find the same one .....

Delta Journal in Pearled Red with a Stub Nib.

Just loving Delta pens with Fusion Stubs!

Yes, the Fusion Stub is a terrific nib. Writes very smoothly right out of the box.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

A black Pelikan M600 pre-'97 version with two toned 18C medium nib with the PF hallmark. Got a great price, probably on account that it was mislabeled for an M400.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Just received m Desiderata Pens Derlin Daedalus and extra Zebra G nib. Whoot! Whoot! I can't wait to in kbit up with some of the Ink Drop samples from Goulet Pensbthat camebun last week!! Alas... will need to wait until I get hone tonight.

on a sad note... the nib on my Pilot Falcon, that arrived last week... appears to be defective... (misaligned tines). I thought it might be just me, but had a couple others try it too. :-(

post-120714-0-02976400-1427124513_thumb.jpeg

3 Etsy J's:9314-F, 9550, 9550

Shaeffer's Balance/Gold Lifetime nib

www.BavarianCrafts.com

Yeah, the M800 I bought is sort of like a "Fat Tuesday" before a long pen fast which I'm calling my Penten Season. :)

Okay...didn't make it very long. MB 146 on the way. I blame the pain meds. Not my fault. 😄

Got the cast off today and now just a brace and some PT. 😎

Just received a Caran d'Ache Leman. Finding the exact finish I wanted was not easy, but I am glad I persevered.

Edited by john74

A 1953 cordovan brown Parker 51 !! Can't wait to get my hands on it, flush it and hopefully lay down a nice fine line :)

Give your 100% to everything you do ..... except donating blood.

Three pens arrived yesterday: an Italix Parson's Essential in the amber finish, a Waterman Expert from the Blue Obsession collection, and a gray Waterman Taperite Stateleigh. I promptly inked all three.

I have the same first impression of both the Parson's Essential and the Expert: good-looking pens that feel nice in the hand and are very smooth writers. They're both also a touch past what I'd call "fine", as far as nibs go, but not unusably so.

The Taperite was listed as having a medium-fine nib and it is much finer than I'd expect. The section also pulls right out of the pen when you uncap it, so I'm going to send it back to the restorer to have it shimmed into place.

My FLPS has forwarded my once-again-broken Lamy 2000 to Lamy repair -- this is the FIFTH TIME I have had to return my 2000 since I was in a car accident five years ago with the pen in my pocket. It was a gift, and previously I'd asked them to preserve as much as possible of the pen, but if the answer to having a problem-free 2000 is replacement, well, I'll deal with it. Cole's of London is working on my Visconti Van Gogh, and I'm about to send out my Skline and Vacumatic for service. I have a record number of pens out of commission, sigh.

I decided I really did want the Faber-Castell Ambition in the OpArt Saffron finish, but the pen is out of production, so I ordered one of the last ones I could find, and it should be here tomorrow.

And, as always, in every update, I'm still waiting on my EF Pelikan M805 Stresemann.