What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2015

RMN

I got these today. Another pleasant surprise. I knew they looked clean, but these are about as close to pristine as I've ever had. There's barely a mark on either, the eraser has never been used, the pen cap has never had ink in it.

fpn_1426714537__p3181875.jpg

Thst is a very nice set. Beautiful colour.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TeaHive

• Feathers

• RMN

• gweimer1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was really looking forward to the Copper Orange Al-Star for the longest time, but I have so many Lamy pens already. Hmmm... To buy, or not to buy..

It sure looks splendid, though!

Still waiting on my Kullock 51 demonstrator parts and Jinhao X450 Porcelain to show up.

I was really looking forward to the Copper Orange Al-Star for the longest time, but I have so many Lamy pens already. Hmmm... To buy, or not to buy..

It sure looks splendid, though!

Still waiting on my Kullock 51 demonstrator parts and Jinhao X450 Porcelain to show up.

The Copperorange is just another Lamy, but it sure is pretty. And I was pleasantly surprised by the ink. In fact I just ordered another batch!.

It's not that expensive. It's not like buying yet another MB.....

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

The Copperorange is just another Lamy, but it sure is pretty. And I was pleasantly surprised by the ink. In fact I just ordered another batch!.

D.ick

At least I don't have a problem with MB. :P My wallet is safe from that company in its entirety. Well.. I did see a nice pencil from them in the "What Pencil Are You Using Today?" thread, so perhaps I shouldn't speak too quickly.

Alas, Lamy will have to wait, as I just purchased a TWSBI 580 USA. Next month, perhaps.

Very interesting thread to see what everyone's waiting on...I just joined the que at Scriptorium Pens and waiting on a Bard in Conway Stewart Red Whirl acrylic with copper trim and an 18K broad nib. Really, really admire Renee's artistic talent.

A few more impulse purchases added to the world's postal system:

- Parker Duofold Centennial pearl & black medium (these have disappeared from a few sites - are they discontinued??)

- Lamy Al Star copper orange medium

- Noodler's Konrad dixie red rebellion

D.ick

I love the look of the al-star copper orange however I really didn't get along with my previous Safari and ended up selling it pretty cheap as I didn't like the grip section. Know I am wondering if it's worth buying a pen I don't like writing with just because I love the colour.

Lamy Al-Star Black-M

Lamy Al-Star Copper Orange-M

Pilot Custom 912-FA

I had birthday money and poor impulse control.

"Don't be humble, you're not that great." Golda Meir

My Sailor Professional Gear came in, and it is lovely, and a gorgeous writer to boot. I still can't quite believe I inked it with the black cart it came with, but this pen could be inked with just about anything, and the choices were starting to overwhelm me. The black was easiest.

post-677-0-01662800-1426790584_thumb.jpg

The Italix Parson's Essential has finally cleared customs, so I'm expecting that soon.

Anxiously awaiting a tracking notice on the Waterman Taperite I ordered. Edit: and, of course, I got the tracking info as soon as I posted this...

The M805 Stresemann will come in at Appointments someday, and I am content to wait.

Edited by R. N. Dominick

I love the look of the al-star copper orange however I really didn't get along with my previous Safari and ended up selling it pretty cheap as I didn't like the grip section. Know I am wondering if it's worth buying a pen I don't like writing with just because I love the colour.

Well, the section is the same. I did not weigh them, but I think the weight won't differ much. The AlStar is aluminium, but thinner than the plastic of the Safari.

Perhaps you'll like the slightly fatter Nexx grip? It is also the preformed type, but fatter. Nibs are the same. I bought the new yellow one together with my AlStar CopperOrange, and I liked the Nexx a lot, too.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Parkers 45 and 51.

Edited by FountainPages

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.

Mark Twain

Just got this email...so excited to get my Sailor back!

post-99317-0-54388300-1426812627_thumb.jpg

μὴ ζήτει τὰ γινόμενα γίνεσθαι ὡς θέλεις, ἀλλὰ θέλε τὰ γινόμενα ὡς γίνεται

καὶεὐροήσεις. - Epictetus

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Looking for Japanese and French language pen pals!

Snail Mail Exchange Partipant. Letter Writer Alliance member.

As usual, I had to pick a color that is not in stock anywhere. I wanted to wait for the reviews but once the store has it in stock, it is sold out again in minutes so I had to reserve it form the next batch. No time to wait ...

Visconti New Classic in Blue-Nut

post-98371-0-64370000-1426925856.jpg