What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2015

RMN

...annnd I have some Ariel Kullock Parker 51 clear demonstrator Vacumatic parts coming my way. Other than needing a demi Aero hood/shell in Navy Grey, I am done building 51's from parts. Whew.. It's fun, but seven 51's is enough. Time to focus on saving for Scriptoriums!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TeaHive

• Feathers

• RMN

• gweimer1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...annnd I have some Ariel Kullock Parker 51 clear demonstrator Vacumatic parts coming my way. Other than needing a demi Aero hood/shell in Navy Grey, I am done building 51's from parts. Whew.. It's fun, but seven 51's is enough. Time to focus on saving for Scriptoriums!

Scriptoriums - Plural! :D

You could always save up for a lathe! ;)

I am patiently waiting for one of these... Had to buy one or two other pens to relieve the anxiety!

My Instagram page.

Congrats on your Scriptorium order! Unfortunately, my pen funds are depleted. So I guess I get to relive the anxiety of saving money, hah!

Oh yes, I have many ideas for Scriptorium pens. >_> There were too many materials for me to decide on just one. But they will all come about ONE at a time.

Hmm.. a lathe. Oh dear, that would be dangerous. I would have a house full of pens.

A Retro 51 Fahrney's exclusive Signatures fountain pen, plus a matching notebook. They celebrate the signers of the Declaration of Independence, and help benefit the National Archives.

Posted Image

Hmmmmm....would the plural of Scriptorium be Scriptoria? ;)

Alex

"As many nights endure Without a moon or star So will we endure When one is gone and far "Leonard Cohen, of blessed memory(21/09/1934-7/11/2016)

Monteverde Catalina in black pearl with a stub. I was trying to figure out what to put Starry Night & Tulip Noire in & I just don't have an italic I want to empty to put either in. That got me on a doomed to success search for stubs & italics on a number of pen sites that ended with a sale on the Catalina stub. I'm thinking maybe Starry Night for that one & Tulip Noire in the 51 stub when its fill of Nightshade runs down.

Once I know it's in stock at The Pen Place, I'm going there to buy the copper orange Lamy Al-Star. If they have the copper orange cartridges, I'll get those plus an italic nib and maybe some Rhodia tablets if they have the one I want. I wish they'd have the Clairefontaine 1951 notebooks.

Posted Image

...Other than needing a demi Aero hood/shell in Navy Grey, I am done building 51's from parts. Whew.. It's fun, but seven 51's is enough.

:yikes:

<Missing clapping hands emoticon>

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Alex

Hah! I like that.

:yikes:

<Missing clapping hands emoticon>

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

B)

Alex

Queueing up "We Are Marching To Scriptoria"

Currently waiting for, a green and gold Duofold, 2 Esty Dip-Less pens, an Esty "Educational Sample", and a Made in Wisconsin Parker Vacumatic, black.

John L

I'm currently waiting on an Esterbrook M2 pen/pencil set.

...and a really beat up Esterbrook Transitional J

Edited by gweimer1

I just ordered a Desiderata Pens Matte Black Delrin and an extra sac and Zebra G nib ... although, I won't technically be waiting for it until next week ... I believe he just packages up and ships on Fridays. ;-)

3 Etsy J's:9314-F, 9550, 9550

Shaeffer's Balance/Gold Lifetime nib

www.BavarianCrafts.com

Sold a few things to make room for two new pens currently on their way to me: (1) Pelikan M200 and (2) DaniTrio silver simple guilloche.

I've wanted a Pelikan for about three years and the M200 seems to have a strong following. I'd never heard of the DaniTrio silver simple guilloche fountain pen (it doesn't seem to have a definitive model name) until I saw it on Chatterley, but it's an affordable IPG nibbed Dani, and it looks similar to the Caran d'Ache Ecridor so I thought I might as well give it a shot.

- - -

Currently trying to sell a Pelikan M400 White Tortoise. PM if you're interested. :)

They are out of the M805 Stresemann in EF at the distributor level, and might get some more in April -- and my FLPS might manage to get one some time after that. So, technically, I'm still waiting for that one to come in the mail, only this time, it's coming from three removes -- first to Germany, then to ChartPak, and then to me.

Got my Conklin Duragraph in Amber last week. Nib issues, mostly smoothed out now, I think. I'll write through this snoutful of ink and see how it goes.

Still waiting on the Parson's Essential; it's been in Customs for a week now.

John Mottishaw just shipped me a Sailor Professional Gear in ivory, my consolation prize for having to wait on the M805. Really, I just wanted a nice new pen in time for my birthday. (That's a good excuse, right?)

Cole's of London got my Visconti Van Gogh Pollard Willows -- hope they can make the nib feed ink reasonably. I know there might be a wait to get it back... sigh.

Edited by R. N. Dominick

waiting on three pens:

still waiting on the Nakaya I bought last month, I guess is going to take a looong time to get here :unsure:

A Karas Kustoms Ink fountain pen with the copper section, I really want to see how this material builds the patina over the years.

And a Delta Dolce Vita Stantuffo.

My next buy and upcoming waiting on the mail: Marlen aleph.

Vintage: 1910´s Astra Safety Pen. 1920´s Mabie Todd Swan lever filler, Royal Red Hard Rubber, The Eric Pen Woodgrain Ebonite. 1930´s Morrison´s Overlay Filigree, Waterman´s Ideal Thorobred, Conklin Endura. 1940´s Eversharp Skyline, Parker Vacumatic, Aurora 88. 1950´s Conway Stewart 15, Esterbrook J. 1970´s Sheaffer Imperial. 1980´s Cross Century Classic. 1990´s Rotring Newton Lava.

Modern: Nakaya Neo Standard, Montblanc Meisterstuck 149, Pelikan Souverän M1000, Omas 360 Vintage, Sailor 1911 Black Luster, Pilot Capless Raden, Pilot Custom 823 FA, Platinum 3776 Maki-e, Namiki Falcon, Lamy 2000, Montegrappa Espressione Duetto, Delta Dolce Vita, Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronze, Stipula Etruria Rainbow, Marlen Aleph, Bexley Poseidon, Franklin-Christoph 02, Namisu Nexus Titanium, Tactile Turn Gist, Karas Kustoms Ink, Twsbi Vac 700, Levenger L-Tech, Filcao Atlantica, Kaweco AC Sport, Lamy Safari.

Custom: Scriptorium Pens Idyll, Jonathon Brooks Solar Dust, Newton Pens Eastman, Fisher of Pens Hydra, Romulus Pen Works Snakewood, John Brady Solano, Lyle Ross Pompey, Troy Clark Copper pen, Antiguas Estilográficas Ebonite, Ryan Krusac Legend L14, Aileron pens Tsunami, Edison Pens Collier Amber, Sutra Pens Aquila Octopi, Hooligan Pens Buffalo Celluloid, Yoshi Nakama Snake pen, Kilk Kalem Pandora´s Box, Hakumin Urushi Ao Tamenuri Pearl, Fosfor Pens Islander, Sutra Pen Aquila.

My first bird! An M800 with a fine nib. :)

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjQwWDg1Mg==/z/dVEAAOSwZjJU99TM/$_57.JPG?rt=nc

Arrived today and it's even more beautiful than the pictures! I'm going to ink it in the morning. I may take it to work even though my arm is still in a cast.