What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2015

RMN

Got my Wing Sung 237 :)

fpn_1426109153__post-71947-0-14736400-13

now I'm waiting for a nice green Stratford....

Love that colour.....beautiful

Alex

"As many nights endure Without a moon or star So will we endure When one is gone and far "Leonard Cohen, of blessed memory(21/09/1934-7/11/2016)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TeaHive

• Feathers

• RMN

• gweimer1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, the M800 I bought is sort of like a "Fat Tuesday" before a long pen fast which I'm calling my Penten Season. :)

Snort. Heh

"As many nights endure Without a moon or star So will we endure When one is gone and far "Leonard Cohen, of blessed memory(21/09/1934-7/11/2016)

I feel your pain. My own pen-buying sabbatical has been even longer. I'd look at my pens to choose one to ink and think, "Yes, but I've already written with all of these!" :rolleyes:

Now, THAT is a wonderful quote/signature/mantra/excuse....... ;)

3776 with music nib in Rhodium trim. hopefully it ships soon.

nice! i just got a music nib today, the one i was waiting for.

New to fountain pens, older to dip pens.

im planning on using a japanese model that has a holder for both nibs like g nibs and tubular models

i hope that they fit into the nib holder D: it looks like this

http://www.kallipos.de/feder-r-esterbrook-co-499-music-pen.jpg

im just going to use it for the lines. i love the triple tines!

thank you for asking

just got my music pens!

this was a responce to what dhosh said "which dip pens fit in an Esterbrook nib, praytell?" and i really should have listenened, because it doesnt fit any of my holders.

but for some reason it fits a tombow mono refill tube perfectly. it isnt even a nib holder, its an acrylic tube that holds erasers. im going to have to make some serious adjustments to it since it only has support on the back and not the front for my nib.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/819bjl-7moL._SY355_.jpg

New to fountain pens, older to dip pens.

My Black/Tortoise Pelikan 400nn arrived yesterday evening. I spent most of my evening watching k-dramas and flushing it out. Lots of blue water shooting out of that thing.

I think there's some dried ink on the inside of the barrel that a q tip just isn't cutting it in removing. I'll have to see what I can do about that. I'll post pictures soon!

- The poster formerly known as HollyGolightly

My Black/Tortoise Pelikan 400nn arrived yesterday evening. I spent most of my evening watching k-dramas and flushing it out. Lots of blue water shooting out of that thing.

I think there's some dried ink on the inside of the barrel that a q tip just isn't cutting it in removing. I'll have to see what I can do about that. I'll post pictures soon!

Since you mentioned the Q-tip, you already have removed the nib. Might want to consider removing the piston assembly too as that would make it easier to clean the whole thing. Having said that removing the piston from my 400 was a pretty taxing experience, although it was very easy. Taxing because I didn't want to damage the pen at all. If you want to go that route, let it wait in warm/hot water for about 15 minutes and push the piston out from the nib end using a chopstick (at least that's what I used). When I say push, you have to hit the chopstick gently so you have some explosive force.

Since you mentioned the Q-tip, you already have removed the nib. Might want to consider removing the piston assembly too as that would make it easier to clean the whole thing. Having said that removing the piston from my 400 was a pretty taxing experience, although it was very easy. Taxing because I didn't want to damage the pen at all. If you want to go that route, let it wait in warm/hot water for about 15 minutes and push the piston out from the nib end using a chopstick (at least that's what I used). When I say push, you have to hit the chopstick gently so you have some explosive force.

Thanks for the tips. I find myself in a similar situation- I'm hesitant to muck up things by disassembling it but I may toe my way to that line in a few days. It's nothing readily visible. I spotted it because I was oogling the pen, and upon holding it to the light it seemed to have dried ink inside the chamber. I wonder if it's possible that when it was left in there the first time that it somehow got stuck. If that makes sense? I'll have to see if I can capture it in a picture. It almost looks like the striations in that small part of the pen have a dark blue outline. Ah well.

Anyway thanks again, I'll have to try that method.

- The poster formerly known as HollyGolightly

You could always try soaking it in ammonia/water solution. 1 part ammonia to 10 part water is the usually recommended I think.

It took me a couple of days to gather the courage to remove the piston. Mine wasn't drawing ink when it arrived and after I tried everything without removing the piston, I just decided to remove the piston to see what was up. It turns out that the piston doesn't have a seal! Can't use the pen until I get a seal for it but the nib is amazing, I've been using it on my M101N. I'm guessing you'll get a lot of enjoyment from your 400NN.

If you don't feel like removing it on your own, put some warm water in it and let it wait for a while. That might also help.

I saw an old Waterman ringtop on eBay, and asked the seller for more information about the nib. He took a picture of it flexing and I bought it for about fifty bucks.

If you look closely at the picture of the nib it reveals an Ideal New York stamp, so it'll probably be worth fixing up.

phonelady61 ...

I just noticed your profile photo .... lovely painting! Is it water color, or washed ink, etc?

Well ... to stay on topic .. I finally have a 'waiting' post! ;-) I just ordered my first new pen (short of one for my granddaughter a week or two ago...) A Pilot Falcon with EF nib, from Goulet Pens. I hit submit before finishing .. then went back and order a Filo(flex??) pocket notebook and some unlined and block fillers. I'll probably order another EF nib, and have a Spencerian mod done on it. Also ... will be ordering a Desiderada pen Monday, I believe! Whoot! Whoot! Gotta love tax returns for a little reward now and then!

3 Etsy J's:9314-F, 9550, 9550

Shaeffer's Balance/Gold Lifetime nib

www.BavarianCrafts.com

Pilot Custom 74 (black/smoke demonstrator, medium) to arrive from penchalet.com tomorrow. I know that because I've only tracked it about 32 times today.

Sidthecat...

That's a nasty looking nib... I might consider helping you dispose of ot for you.... ;-)

3 Etsy J's:9314-F, 9550, 9550

Shaeffer's Balance/Gold Lifetime nib

www.BavarianCrafts.com

The pen arrived: the lever is frozen and the sac is petrified, but look at this nib!

Beautiful. I love nibs with heart-shaped breather holes. I have two pens that belonged to my great-grandma Hart, and both have heart-shaped breathers. :wub:

I just ordered a Franklin Christoph model 20 Marietta. They went on sale today. The biggest decision was 'clip' or 'no clip.' I went 'no clip.' :) I really like that there's no threads on this pen.

http://www.franklin-christoph.com/model-20-marietta.html

http://www.franklin-christoph.com/uploads/1/0/4/5/10453260/3457360_orig.jpg?452

Ordered one as well. With a clip and medium SS house nib.