• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TeaHive

• Feathers

• RMN

• gweimer1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Public opinion poll: should I wait until the Goulets get clear Ahabs and Konrads back in stock, or just pick one up on Amazon? One is for me, one is a gift, but there are other things I "need" from GPC (a TWSBI, a few spare Ahab parts, inks if the temperature evee rises above my age). Or just wait and see what the LI Pen Show holds in 3 weeks' time...? The gift isn't time-bound, just need to prove a point that nice pens don't have to cost an arm and a leg.

Girl Sam

(It used to be Sammi with a heart drawn over the I, but I stopped because absolutely everyone was doing it)

If you can afford to wait: do so, so the money goes to a small company with folk caring about pens.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Yeah, I'm definitely waiting for Goulet. I've been wondering about demonstrators, and I just found out Brian Goulet spent a good several minutes going over every demonstrator he carries in my price range in Friday's Q&A, because I asked him what he thought. :wub:

How is it that I get better customer service from an internet-only store than from my local B&M?!

Girl Sam

(It used to be Sammi with a heart drawn over the I, but I stopped because absolutely everyone was doing it)

I am waiting for the ASA SNIPER ...

which is up for pre-order, here is the link

fpn_1424525946__hd-01-500x500.jpg

That looks quite interesting. Definitely gonna have to check it out

I am the artist formally known as Ambrose Bierce (I recently changed my username from that). If you love me you'll check out my blog http://fpinkgeek.blogspot.com/ or follow me on Instagram and Twitter @Fp_Ink_Geek :D

Pelikan 400 and still waiting for a White M205 to replace its damaged twin involved in a nasty accident.

Edited by coppilcus

1989 Montblanc 144. Even though I can barely scratch my name right now, I can't wait till I have it in my hands...er...hand. 😄

If you can afford to wait: do so, so the money goes to a small company with folk caring about pens.

D.ick

:thumbup:

I am waiting for the ASA SNIPER ...

which is up for pre-order, here is the link

That looks a lot like a kitless section design sanyalsoumitra posted in the pen turning section. As a hooded nib fanatic, it makes me happy to see new variations cropping up. I've wondered for a while how hard a hooded pen would be to turn on a lathe. It looks like some nice pens are possible.

:puddle:

Now that I know that there's a real fountain pen store the next town over, I'm going there first for parts, tools, and ink instead of buying online. It means a lot to me to have such a business nearby, and I hope my support can help in some small way to keep it going. :)

Way too many....I'm going to be busy working on stuff this coming month....

Two more Esterbrook copper J

Parker Vacumatic

Parker Duofold (this one is for me, and I think it's a True Blue ring top)

Parker 51 vac

Ambassador (another for me, and this one looks to be gorgeous)

Now I'm waiting on more pens than I can reasonably count. Thanks to all the advice here, I ordered:

--A TWSBI Diamond 580-AL, Silver, Medium nib.

Due to gifting, I also have on order:

--Lamy Vista, M nib, with a z26 converter (black tip)

--Noodler's Ahab, clear

....I might maybe have ordered one of each of these for myself too. Maybe. *cough*

Since a friend is looking to upgrade to a better pen, I purchased:

--Noodler's Ahab, Medieval Lapis, Ease My Flex modded nib (thanks Paige!)

Also planning to borrow my uncle's Dremel to grind my own Ahab's nibs to Ease My Flex! To that end, I bought two extra Ahab flex nibs, and a Lamy 1.1mm Stub Italic nib to get me to actually USE the one Safari I have with an XF nib (which I dislike). That will bring my total number of useful pens up to..... *loses count*.

Tax refunds are niiiiiiiice.

Edited by Miz Black Crow

Girl Sam

Now I'm waiting on more pens than I can reasonably count. Thanks to all the advice here, I ordered:

--A TWSBI Diamond 580-AL, Silver, Medium nib.

Due to gifting, I also have on order:

--Lamy Vista, M nib, with a z26 converter (black tip)

--Noodler's Ahab, clear

....I might maybe have ordered one of each of these for myself too. Maybe. *cough*

Since a friend is looking to upgrade to a better pen, I purchased:

--Noodler's Ahab, Medieval Lapis, Ease My Flex modded nib (thanks Paige!)

Also planning to borrow my uncle's Dremel to grind my own Ahab's nibs to Ease My Flex! To that end, I bought two extra Ahab flex nibs, and a Lamy 1.1mm Stub Italic nib to get me to actually USE the one Safari I have with an XF nib (which I dislike). That will bring my total number of useful pens up to..... *loses count*.

Tax refunds are niiiiiiiice.

Exciting! Out of curiosity where did you find an already modded Ahab? I am intriiiiigued. :D

Also reminds me I need to get my taxes out the way so I can treat myself to goodies!

- The poster formerly known as HollyGolightly

Exciting! Out of curiosity where did you find an already modded Ahab? I am intriiiiigued. :D

Also reminds me I need to get my taxes out the way so I can treat myself to goodies!

A fellow FPNer was mentioning that she was shedding a few pens, one of which was an Ahab in one of my favorite colors, and decided to throw in the EMF nib as a very sweet gift "to sweeten the deal". This has to be the most generous board I've ever been proud to call myself a member of. :)

Girl Sam

Glad you're excited about the Ahab! Now if only I could shed these other pens easily (it would help if I'd actually make a listing, I suppose, but still gotta make sure each and every one is in as tip-top shape as I can make them, first.)

My Hero pens all came in today, so no more waiting! Still waiting on a couple replacement nibs for my Parker 51 builds, though. so... something like 2/10ths of a pen? xD

Well, I have a couple of Esterbrooks coming, along with a lot of parts pens. I got this one today, and it already has a story. It was showing as delivered yesterday, but wasn't in my mailbox. At 10:00 pm last night, I even went to check again, including the package lockers in my apartment complex. Nothing. I called the post office today, and my apartment manager. Nothing. It was still reported as delivered. When I came home, and checked my mail, nothing. I decided to check one more thing - one of the package lockers doesn't lock at all. I managed to use the key from the other one to pry open the second, and there it was. This pen has been sitting in an open mailbox for over a day, in very cold weather. I'll get this one working this week.

fpn_1424815504__parker_duofold_trueblue.