What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2015

RMN

That is a very attractive pen. I don't normally go for smoke acrylic,but that looks lovely!

Thank you.

My first model "03" was black with a maroon plug in the cap.

When I needed another "03", only the smoke acrylic was available. I was a bit hesitant but still ordered this colour.

Unfortunately my humble phone-cam picture does not do justice to this plastic material.

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

*Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14k. (factory) "H-B"

*Kaweco SPECIAL FP: 14k. "B",-0.6 mm BLS & 14k."M" 0.4 mm. BLS (PB)

*Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14k. "M" -0.7 mm.BLS, (PB)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TeaHive

• Feathers

• RMN

• gweimer1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who/Where did you purchase it from and how did you pay for the purchase? Was there any tracking?

It was a private sale, via PayPal. No tracking on post. One of us is going to be out of pocket. Default position seems to indicate that this should be me.

It was a private sale, via PayPal. No tracking on post. One of us is going to be out of pocket. Default position seems to indicate that this should be me.

If it was a paypal sale- and the payment was sent/marked as for being goods/services, and you never recieved them, I believe you can reach out to paypal and get a refund. Not sure if there's a time window for that sort of thing, though.

- The poster formerly known as HollyGolightly

If it was a paypal sale- and the payment was sent/marked as for being goods/services, and you never recieved them, I believe you can reach out to paypal and get a refund. Not sure if there's a time window for that sort of thing, though.

Not if it was a private moneytransfer. That way the seller will not have to pay a percentage but you have no protection....

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Not if it was a private moneytransfer. That way the seller will not have to pay a percentage but you have no protection....

D.ick

I've had experiences with marking my payment as for goods, a private sale, and getting my money back. Not sure if this is something they have changed, but it's why I specified in my first comment I noted if the payment was marked as for goods/services this would be true. Anything else (such as the designation for "gift") would not have this protecion.

Then the seller would be out of pocket, which seems equally unfair.

Just offering you an option. I don't know who you purchased from, if it's some stranger or a friend of yours. Obviously if it's someone you trust then take what they said at face value. I would be wary if I wasn't given any proof the pen was even dropped off in the mail... but then again I was born and raised in Manhattan and part of me will always be a bit of a cynic.

Hope your pen turns up in the mail, either way. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Cardboard_Tube, on 20 Feb 2015 - 15:05, said:snapback.png

Re: more than 10 days from Greece?

Personally, I wouldn't be TOO concerned .. depending on the shipping method. If it was just the 'slow-boat-to/from-China' method, it could easily take over a month.... add customs, if they caught wind of it or thought it was suspicious. I 've had small packages take over a month from Germany, if we just took the 'cheap route'. Normally, though ... it's about 2 full weeks.

3 Etsy J's:9314-F, 9550, 9550

Shaeffer's Balance/Gold Lifetime nib

www.BavarianCrafts.com

I agre with dhosh, I just got a package that took about 6 weeks to crawl its way to my doorstep so I wouldn't lose all hope just yet.

My second Franklin-Christoph Iterum "03" has just arrived: a smoke acrylic with a maroon disc on its clipless cap.

attachicon.gifC-F-1.jpgattachicon.gifC-F 2-1.jpg

The nib is an old 18K JoWo custom stub, around 1.1 mm.

That is one handsome pen.

Edited by tendollarword

"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful."

Yeah, I don't really know what to do about it, if anything. I'm the one that's totally out of pocket. No money AND no pen... perhaps it's all I deserve?

If it was an international shipment, it could still be held up in customs.

Other than that, I guess you could try contacting the carrier the seller used and see if they can do anything.

"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful."

As of today:

Parker Vacumatic

Parker 51 vac

Parker Duette

Arris & Co. pen (curiosity got me on this one)

I just took in 11 Esterbrooks and a couple Watermans. In the Esterbrooks was a ballpoint, and a nice gray icicle.

I am waiting for the earlier model British Parker Slimfold , Sheaffer Imperial iv and also the earlier version Sheaffer student pen. Hopefully , these would arrive sometime next week. It is a "cash on delivery" transaction from a vintage pen shop in Quetta , Balochistan. The shop owner is a decent guy who not only knows his job but also the preferences of his selected clients. Always accepts returns on reasonable grounds.

Khan M. Ilyas

I'm eagerly awaiting this sweet set...

Wow ! A gorgeous set. Where did you buy it from. The set is a real beauty though. Ohh ! Those 51s. I would never tire buying them in whatever version as long as these are the vacs or the earlier mk1 aeros.

Khan M. Ilyas

A Pilot Namiki Custom 74 (Black) with SFM nib and a Con-70 converter.... :) Will see how much the soft nib can flex...

due on Monday from nibs.com

Pilot Custom 823 w/ a Broad nib bought at LA Pen Show.

Perhaps a year down the road after its made,

A Shinobu in Neo Standard. Mine will have the carved out area as a dark green and all the furniture will be rose gold.