What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2015

RMN

Went ahead and order another Jinhao 599 from China, this time one of the plastic body models.

I hope it works out better than the metal version I already own, but for the price I paid I'm not too concerned.

I have a plastic 599, and it was a surprisingly good pen until I dropped it capped and the feed assembly popped out. I think I've finally figured it out, but I'm waiting for it to come around in the rotation.

Still no word on the Romus. It was "out for delivery" yesterday and "delivery status not updated" since last night. There is an inverse relationship between the distance a package is from my house, and my ability to wait patiently for such a package. Maybe it'll be there when I get home tonight, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TeaHive

• Feathers

• RMN

• gweimer1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's nice, I mean like it. What kind is it? I am not knowledgeable on many brands of fountain pens. I live the color. It reminds me of a 3776 on Goulet Pen Company.

It looks to be like mine that I just ordered ... from the Goulet Pen Co....Noodler's Ahab Flex - Cardinal Darkness. Thanks for the info on the Goulet #6. Now, I'm even more excited! ;-)

3 Etsy J's:9314-F, 9550, 9550

Shaeffer's Balance/Gold Lifetime nib

www.BavarianCrafts.com

Happy Birthday to you! Using same reason. Although, birthday not until next month, like later in the month. Yet, no rule against getting the party started early with a couple of goodies, is there? :cloud9:

Precisely! My cousin celebrates her birthday for a whole week. You can have a whole month if you want. :D

I just decided to treat myself to a little personal shopping spree courtesy of the IRS refunding some of the money that I involuntarily let them use interest-free. ;) I also picked out a 36-slot pen case and 13 bottles of ink. (Who, me? I'm not at all superstitious!)

"Don't be humble, you're not that great." Golda Meir

Precisely! My cousin celebrates her birthday for a whole week. You can have a whole month if you want. :D

I just decided to treat myself to a little personal shopping spree courtesy of the IRS refunding some of the money that I involuntarily let them use interest-free. ;) I also picked out a 36-slot pen case and 13 bottles of ink. (Who, me? I'm not at all superstitious!)

Ooh! That's a LOT of bottles to get all at once. Are these ones that you've previously tried? And what are they? You can't just say you ordered that much ink and not tell us what they are!

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

oh! That's a LOT of bottles to get all at once. Are these ones that you've previously tried? And what are they? You can't just say you ordered that much ink and not tell us what they are!

I agree. I am also curious. I feel a bit better though having ordered only 4 Iroshizuku, (15ml size bottles). I was simply completing my obsession with the ink. Now that I have all the ones I wanted, I am through. Also, I have enough sample inks of it to be content. :happycloud9: I hope there is at least a red in the 13.

Edited by fountainpenlady

Ea Alis Volat Propiis, per/Repletus Fontis Calamus!
She Flies by Her Own Wings, with filled Fountain Pen

Delta DolceVita, F-C Intrinsic 02, Pelikan M800 red/black striation, Bexley ATB Strawberry Swirl, Red Jinhao 159, Platinum 3776 Bourgogne. :wub:

Ooh! That's a LOT of bottles to get all at once. Are these ones that you've previously tried? And what are they? You can't just say you ordered that much ink and not tell us what they are!

I agree. I am also curious. I feel a bit better though having ordered only 4 Iroshizuku, (15ml size bottles). I was simply completing my obsession with the ink. Now that I have all the ones I wanted, I am through. Also, I have enough sample inks of it to be content. :happycloud9: I hope there is at least a red in the 13.

Sorry, ladies! What was I thinking?!

Ms. Fountainpenlady, you'll be happy to know that there are two reds.

Ms. Instainedruth, they're all brands that I've used before, but colors I didn't already have:

Sheaffer Skrip Green, Brown, Turquoise, and Purple

(I've already got the red, blue, blue-black and black. Just completing the set.)

Waterman Intense Black, Serenity Blue, Audacious Red, Harmonious Green, Mysterious Blue, Inspired Blue, Absolute Brown, and Tender Purple.

(I've used their blue and black cartridges in my Phileas pens, so I thought I'd give the bottled ink a go.

De Atramentis Oriental Red

(Just because. ;) )

I have a good selection of the Diamine line already, but I've found some of my pens don't seem to play well with the boutique inks. I thought I'd give the old standards a try. :)

What a wonderful array. You will definitely have so much fun. I have sampled Audacious Red, it will not disappoint. Someone mentioned Shaeffer Skrip red, on my list for the future. The De Artramentis Oriental Red sounds interesting. Yes, you will definitely have fun, some really nice sounding choices. I am glad I am not the only one to complete sets of a particular brand of ink I enjoy. Guess what? From the read of your choices, you have chosen good luck indeed. Enjoy :thumbup:

Delta DolceVita, F-C Intrinsic 02, Pelikan M800 red/black striation, Bexley ATB Strawberry Swirl, Red Jinhao 159, Platinum 3776 Bourgogne. :wub:

Sorry, ladies! What was I thinking?!

Ms. Fountainpenlady, you'll be happy to know that there are two reds.

Ms. Instainedruth, they're all brands that I've used before, but colors I didn't already have:

Sheaffer Skrip Green, Brown, Turquoise, and Purple

(I've already got the red, blue, blue-black and black. Just completing the set.)

Waterman Intense Black, Serenity Blue, Audacious Red, Harmonious Green, Mysterious Blue, Inspired Blue, Absolute Brown, and Tender Purple.

(I've used their blue and black cartridges in my Phileas pens, so I thought I'd give the bottled ink a go.

De Atramentis Oriental Red

(Just because. ;) )

I have a good selection of the Diamine line already, but I've found some of my pens don't seem to play well with the boutique inks. I thought I'd give the old standards a try. :)

Haven't tried most of these myself. I've had Waterman Mysterious Blue for a couple of years and it's weird. Sometimes it's blue-black, and sometimes it's almost green (to the point where someone at a pen club meeting a while back thought it WAS green). It's one of my "tester" inks for vintage pens (the other being Quink Black).

I did pick up a bottle of Skrip Purple in the fall and it made the Snorkel Statesman with the EF nib tolerable to write with. Something that Mysterious Blue did not. But you've now made me curious about how the modern versions of Skrip Brown and Skrip Turquoise compare, colorwise, to the vintage-ish bottle of Sheaffer Brown (honestly it doesn't actually say Skrip anywhere on the box that I could find!) I was gifted with recently -- but haven't yet had a chance to try -- and the vintage Skrip Peacock that I found in an antiques mall last summer, and which is a simply amazing color.

edited for typos

Edited by inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Peacock sounds like a beautiful color if it mimics a male peacock's feather coloration. It is not all one solid color either. Trying to have a duel interest in inks to get out of my comfort zone a little.

Haven't tried most of these myself. I've had Waterman Mysterious Blue for a couple of years and it's weird. Sometimes it's blue-black, and sometimes it's almost green (to the point where someone at a pen club meeting a while back thought it WAS green). It's one of my "tester" inks for vintage pens (the other being Quink Black).

I did pick up a bottle of Skrip Purple in the fall and it made the Snorkel Statesman with the EF nib tolerable to write with. Something that Mysterious Blue did not. But you've now made me curious about how the modern versions of Skrip Brown and Skrip Turquoise compare, colorwise, to the vintage-ish bottle of Sheaffer Brown (honestly it doesn't actually say Skrip anywhere on the box that I could find!) I was gifted with recently -- but haven't yet had a chance to try -- and the vintage Skrip Peacock that I found in an antiques mall last summer, and which is a simply amazing color.

edited for typos

Ah, Peacock Blue! I haven't seen any of that since I got ahold of some cartridges in high school - many decades ago! It's an awesome color.

I'm looking forward to trying the other Waterman colors. I've only used their black and blue cartridges before, so I'm anxious to try out their more exotic colors.

Like your Snorkle Statesman, I have a Noodler's Ahab that I was mightily disillusioned with until I filled it with some Skrip blue. I was using different shades of Diamine, and the pen railroaded like crazy - when it would write at all. I filled it with Sheaffer Skrip and it hasn't given me a problem since.

Well, it's now nearing the end of the seventh week of waiting for my blue Esterbrook J with 9314-M nib. Do you think I should give up on it and write off the $65 as a lesson learned?

7 weeks! :o

And here I am totally impatient because it has taken more than 10 days for my pen to ship from Greece to the US.

Current Wishlist:

Visconti, Visconti, and...more Visconti! (And some ST Duponts too). (Ok fine, getting on the Omas and Montblanc trains now too. Toot toot.) (And maybe on the Montegrappa one too, but only for the Miyas.)

]

Waiting on an Orange Omas Ogiva Alba and a TWSBI 580 USA Edition :bunny01: :bunny01:

The Ogiva Alba is a splendid pen. You made a great choice. I have it with a fine nib and, yes, it's a pleasure to write with . I'm in love with those italian nibs ....

My Sailor 1911 Standard in Ivory (M) arrived today! It's such a beautiful pen. I can't wait to get home and ink it up.

post-99317-0-92628700-1424375988_thumb.jpg

μὴ ζήτει τὰ γινόμενα γίνεσθαι ὡς θέλεις, ἀλλὰ θέλε τὰ γινόμενα ὡς γίνεται

καὶεὐροήσεις. - Epictetus

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

My second Franklin-Christoph Iterum "03" has just arrived: a smoke acrylic with a maroon disc on its clipless cap.

The nib is an old 18K JoWo custom stub, around 1.1 mm.

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

*Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14k. (factory) "H-B"

*Kaweco SPECIAL FP: 14k. "B",-0.6 mm BLS & 14k."M" 0.4 mm. BLS (PB)

*Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14k. "M" -0.7 mm.BLS, (PB)

My second Franklin-Christoph Iterum "03" has just arrived: a smoke acrylic with a maroon disc on its clipless cap.

attachicon.gifC-F-1.jpgattachicon.gifC-F 2-1.jpg

The nib is an old 18K JoWo custom stub, around 1.1 mm.

That is a very attractive pen. I don't normally go for smoke acrylic,but that looks lovely!

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

A Pelikan M250 Black-Dark Blue Pre-'97 with 14C M Nib and matching D250 pencil

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

I am waiting for my two ASA group buy pens, both in F nib. One shiny and one black. That will raise my number of ASA pens to 4.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)

Two days after it went "out for delivery", the Romus finally found its way here. I've already inked it up with my new Noodler's Black Swan in Australian Roses.

So now I'm not waiting for any pens for a while. That was fun.

7 weeks! :o

And here I am totally impatient because it has taken more than 10 days for my pen to ship from Greece to the US.

Yeah, I don't really know what to do about it, if anything. I'm the one that's totally out of pocket. No money AND no pen... perhaps it's all I deserve?

Yeah, I don't really know what to do about it, if anything. I'm the one that's totally out of pocket. No money AND no pen... perhaps it's all I deserve?

Who/Where did you purchase it from and how did you pay for the purchase? Was there any tracking?

Current Wishlist:

Visconti, Visconti, and...more Visconti! (And some ST Duponts too). (Ok fine, getting on the Omas and Montblanc trains now too. Toot toot.) (And maybe on the Montegrappa one too, but only for the Miyas.)