What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2015

RMN

Pelikan M/K 200 Brown Tortoise 'old-style'. Very excited. Picked up a NOS set for a steal.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TeaHive

• Feathers

• RMN

• gweimer1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got an e-mail from Brian Grey apologizing that my pen shipment would have to wait until after the L.A. pen show. I didn't even know my pen was ready. I guess that means I'm waiting on my Mandarin-yellow-and-black Glenmont pneumatic filler this week.

The best thing? Shipping from middle Ohio to south-western Ohio shouldn't take long at all...

Just ordered my first premium pen: a Pilot 823 clear demonstrator with a fine nib. Will be 4-6 weeks till it gets here :glare:

TWSBI 580AL EF | Pilot Custom 823 F

Parker 51 Navy Grey standard sized parts, Forest Green demi parts, a couple of nibs, some Hero 616 pens so I can harvest their caps for the 51's (until I can find actual 51 caps being sold by themselves.. which seems to hardly ever be the case). Ah, pen-building.

Just got two original MK1 51 aero caps for USD10 each from a vintage pen shop. Lucky me. Weren't I?

Khan M. Ilyas

Two Chinese pens, the Jinhao 599 and the x450 and, although strictly speaking not in the mail any more but residing at my mother's, a stainless steel Rambold pen, I think it's a 8107.

I've been waiting for a yellow-tinted Romus for a few weeks now, and it's getting me into all sorts of trouble. ... I'm just itching for that Romus to get here so I can declare this round of pen acquisition officially over. I should be set for the semester.

According to the tracking info, it's in my town. I could see it tonight or tomorrow. And the button filler should be here by next Monday. I just found out through FPN that there's a fountain pen shop the next town over, so I think I'm done with the mail for a while.

Ooohhhhh. I am also waiting for returns from Brian at Edison Pens; I sent a custom pen back for a physical a couple of months ago, along with its twin so he could make sure they were identical in length. I think they will be home this week.

I am also waiting for another pen, a kit pen, to replaced one with a bad finish. The new one will be made of coffee bean resin, I believe (at least he is going to try).

Sharon in Indiana

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

This one! Can't wait to get into the flex world! And smell bad for a few days....

post-117799-0-61088700-1424145788_thumb.jpg

I am the artist formally known as Ambrose Bierce (I recently changed my username from that). If you love me you'll check out my blog http://fpinkgeek.blogspot.com/ or follow me on Instagram and Twitter @Fp_Ink_Geek :D

Just because I like the Rosetta explorer, I went looking for another to leave it un-inked forever or for the next 10 years and I couldn't find one!

But guess what" they have a new model, (maybe not, but I had not seen it before) THE

Rosetta Napoleon II

And comes in Very Nice colors and nib sizes....

So I ordered one - in classic BLACK because that is the color I like...

Bad news? They have bumped the price from the $15 of the Rosetta to $33 on these. But the colors and variety of nib sized make it worth it!

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/anangeli/PENS/Rosetta/RosettaNapoleonRed_zpse597e412.jpg LOVE THIS RED!

Edited by Oldtimer

Just because I like the Rosetta explorer, I went looking for another to leave it un-inked forever or for the next 10 years and I couldn't find one!

But guess what" they have a new model, (maybe not, but I had not seen it before) THE

Rosetta Napoleon II

Bad news? They have bumped the price from the $15 of the Rosetta to $33 on these. But the colors and variety of nib sized make it worth it!

I don't have any other Rosetta pens, but I have a Napoleon II in Lemon Ice. It's my favorite pocket pen. :D I did have to put a dot of glue on the inside of the cap where the clip enters the cap, as it wasn't airtight, but it's been going strong for months now. If I ever get another one, I'll get the tortoiseshell version!

Well, it's now nearing the end of the seventh week of waiting for my blue Esterbrook J with 9314-M nib. Do you think I should give up on it and write off the $65 as a lesson learned?

Went ahead and order another Jinhao 599 from China, this time one of the plastic body models.

I hope it works out better than the metal version I already own, but for the price I paid I'm not too concerned.

Edited by tendollarword

"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful."

Waiting on an Orange Omas Ogiva Alba and a TWSBI 580 USA Edition :bunny01: :bunny01:

Edited by fountainpenlady

Ea Alis Volat Propiis, per/Repletus Fontis Calamus!
She Flies by Her Own Wings, with filled Fountain Pen

Delta DolceVita, F-C Intrinsic 02, Pelikan M800 red/black striation, Bexley ATB Strawberry Swirl, Red Jinhao 159, Platinum 3776 Bourgogne. :wub:

Rosetta Napoleon II

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/anangeli/PENS/Rosetta/RosettaNapoleonRed_zpse597e412.jpg LOVE THIS RED!

The red is really nice! :wub:

Delta DolceVita, F-C Intrinsic 02, Pelikan M800 red/black striation, Bexley ATB Strawberry Swirl, Red Jinhao 159, Platinum 3776 Bourgogne. :wub:

Just ordered a cheapie .. Noodler's Ahab Flex - Cardinal Darkness, and a Goulet #6 t-tone steel nib. Looked like an economical attempt at a flexie ...

3 Etsy J's:9314-F, 9550, 9550

Shaeffer's Balance/Gold Lifetime nib

www.BavarianCrafts.com

Just ordered a cheapie .. Noodler's Ahab Flex - Cardinal Darkness, and a Goulet #6 t-tone steel nib. Looked like an economical attempt at a flexie ...

I hope you enjoy the Goulet #6 nib. I ordered one in the steel single tone for an ailing Bexley and it is better to me than original 18kt nib. It was nice and smooth writing and wet right out of the mail. Took me less than five minutes to change out the nib. Extra fine was the nib choice I purchased.

This one! Can't wait to get into the flex world! And smell bad for a few days....

attachicon.gifcard.jpg

That's nice, I mean like it. What kind is it? I am not knowledgeable on many brands of fountain pens. I love the color. It reminds me of a 3776 on Goulet Pen Company.

I'm waiting for a black and gold Sheaffer 300 and a black and gold Pilot Falcon. Happy birthday to me!

"Don't be humble, you're not that great." Golda Meir

I'm waiting for a black and gold Sheaffer 300 and a black and gold Pilot Falcon. Happy birthday to me!

Happy Birthday to you! Using same reason. Although, birthday not until next month, like later in the month. Yet, no rule against getting the party started early with a couple of goodies, is there? :cloud9: